lrharris
the-nikki

Captive Animals

lrharris

Pro

Captive animals ensure the population will continue if only for a little while and with the requirements America has set it doesn't harm the animals. While people pay admission a lot of that money goes towards conservation to help save animals. Zoos and other places that have captive animals help educate the public on that species of animal.
the-nikki

Con

Although it might conserve the species of animal for a little while, if the animals stay in captivity over a long period of time they will begin to lose their natural instincts about how to defend themselves in the wild. They will begin to adapt themselves to living in captivity rather than adapt to any changes that may be happening in their real natural habitat.
Animals have a natural instinct to defend themselves and sheltering them from their natural predators is not going to do them any good. One of the main goals of capturing animals is to keep that species of animal alive and to help it thrive in its environment. We captivate animals to one day be able to release them back into the wild. If we let them grow accustomed to the environment we are providing for them (including food, and human contact, and synthetic materials that are used to make the habitat itself) they will have lost their survival instincts and they will definitely die.
One issue you brought up is how zoos educate the public about the animals. This may be true but when the animals are not native t the united states like Giraffes, and zebras, we are endangering the animals while we are trying to save them. If we keep taking animals out of their natural habitat, not only are we using our precious resources and endangering the animal, we are also polluting the air, sometimes the water, and we are also disrupting that area's ecological community.
lrharris

Pro

lrharris forfeited this round.
the-nikki

Con

the-nikki forfeited this round.
lrharris

Pro

lrharris forfeited this round.
the-nikki

Con

the-nikki forfeited this round.
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
The blood of innocent puppies is an amazing and sensational site!
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Eh, your gunna win. Just say something along the lines of "extend my points" and you'll be fine.

Loserboi, I don't think any of what was said to her was that bad tho.
Posted by the-nikki 6 years ago
the-nikki
So... am i supposed to argue with myself now?
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
oy... Another person scared off
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Pro, why did you leave?!?!?!
Posted by Brendan21 6 years ago
Brendan21
Damn, I think you guys scared her off.
Posted by lrharris 6 years ago
lrharris
sorry; it's one of my first debates. I'm not so good with clairifying. I'll get better. I promise (:
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
"I dunno...I might argue that if we're considering animal welfare, we should exterminate humanity instead of keeping animals captive."

Lol I say that all the time. No one understands that I'm joking tho...that kinda sucks.
Posted by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
what exactly is your argument?
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Kinesis
I dunno...I might argue that if we're considering animal welfare, we should exterminate humanity instead of keeping animals captive.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
lrharristhe-nikkiTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)