Debate Rounds (5)
the world can survive without football but we can't survive without a doctor. Doctor do so much but earn so little compared to a football. per year
foottball can earn from
doctors are only getting 406,154
this isn't fair at all doctors save life
footballers just create entertainment.
http://i.word.com.... This means con must prove why the concept of having a particular occupation for a prolonged period of time is not good. Now I will refute some of con's points. 1. Con states that football players make between 3 million and 5 million, while this is true for some the average MLS player makes $141,903 source-soundaheart.com. Yes it may seem as if soccer players make more but you have to realise that the higher the salary the more attention that player will receive. 2. Cons main argument against careers is that doctors are more important than soccer players. Yes they do save lives, but they signed an agreement with their employer believing there salary is fair amount to how much work they put in. In a free market society the business and employ determine the pay. Now on to my points to why careers are good. 1. Sticking with the same job overtime will increase your pay and benefits. 2. Most jobs require a diploma which is expensive and time consuming so switching from job to job is costly. 3.A stable income is needed to raise a family. 4. Businesses usually fire people with the least seniority so it's not always good to be the new guy. 5. Finding a job in hard economic times will not be easy. 6. You might develop friendships in a stable job. P.S. this is my first debate
elizabeth2468 forfeited this round.
1. If you stay with the same job you will receive a pay raise and an increase in vacation time. Switching from job to job will leave you with minimum benefits and a low pay compared to the average of that occupation. Also staying with the same business will help you get promoted and in turn a large pay increase.
2. Almost every high paying job in Western society requires a diploma in that occupation, tuitions for college are costly and time consuming. You will have to start using your free time to study and go to classes.
3.Switching from job to job will not provide enough income to sustain a family. Finding a career will provide you with a steady income that is needed for a family.
4. As the new guy you will first one the list of possible lay-offs.
5. When the economy is not doing well finding a job will be hard and you will find yourself unemployed often.
6. Developing friendships with co-workers is a nice benefit of the having a career.
footballer are such cry babies the bigger the match the more fouls and corners there will be the only time when they're civil is when they're all shaking each others hand and wishing a good match.an hours later you've had 5 corners 2 reds and at the end of it all you see Suarez going and biting people!?!
even when someone just touches their leg go bawling making the ref give them a free kick. This is unbelievably unfair because other is swearing and cursing each other over someone laces!?!
doctors now you don't see them crying over nothing in fact they're out there saving life getting people off drugs and smoking. Footballers only get for money because they're entertaining people with world cup and other leagues. football has also increased the percentage off poor this is wrong
2.As I said in the first round doctors actually make more then most soccer players. It's just the high profile players that make the biggest bucks.
3. Yes It may seem that a doctors job is more important but this is a free market meaning the company pays you based on the number of people qualified to perform your job, how valuable you are to the company, and how much the company can afford to pay you. For one their are far more doctors then professional soccer players so good soccer players are rare. Second soccer players rack in millions of dollars in revenue for the professional team through jersey sales and tickets. Lastly professional sports teams are making a ton of profit now so they can afford to pay them, on the other hand hosipitals are struggling to make a meager profit.
Yes I get that what doctors do seam more important than soccer players,but should that alone drive everyone to quit their jobs and ruin their lives?
ok, yes, sometimes you get angry when GP's keep giving you depression tablets when though you don't need it but it's what the NHS and government are telling them to do.
footballers on the other hand need the doctor more than anyone sometimes because when they hurt themselves someone needs to be trained in first aid to help them and apply the right medicine and pain killers to help them continue playing the match.
for example Neymar really needs doctors help now because of all type of injures he's having now because of what Kerala Ayurveda did by accident. this affected brazil following game because all their minds were focused on Neymar mean they weren't concentrating on the game against Germany. Germany knew this and were able to win the game 1-7 to them.
Thirstforknowledge forfeited this round.
elizabeth2468 forfeited this round.
2. Um I don't get angry at doctors for giving others anti-depressants and please refrain from putting words in my mouth.
3. Also you use the term doctor interchangeable with any medical personal, for instance general physicians are not the ones helping injured players it is usually physical therapists and trainers.
Con has failed to prove why the concept of careers is bad. This debeat is simply on Careers the act of having a career for a prolonged period of time. Con's only argument is that because soccer players make more then certain doctors the whole idea of keeping your job for a long time is wrong. Is this is enough evidence to back up con's argument, absolutely no. Also con provided no sources so to wrap it up vote Pro.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||1|
Reasons for voting decision: Less rounds forfeited. Arguments unworthy of points.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.