not_an_idiot
Ccbaclawski

Carriage Horses In New York City

not_an_idiot

Con

Being from New York City, I know firsthand how badly horses are treated. A close friend is leading a group that goes to politicians in New York trying to get them to change something. They have come up with an easy solution that I will be discussing later.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

I disagree with the instigator because what reason is there to treat horses with respect? From the average human's perspective, horses are best known for transportation, therefore, they are doing what they do best.
not_an_idiot

Con

So you ask why horses should be treated with respect. What the f*ck. Animals have feelings too. They are living, breathing mammals just like you and me. They can feel both pain and joy. Why should their feelings and thoughts be valued any differently from human's? Why should they be have to work up to 22 hours a day and be crammed into tiny stalls in apartment tidings during their few hours of rest per day? It's just inhumane. Additionally, why must we torture and completely humiliate horses to use them as a form of transportation, when one can simply ride a car. Cars have no health or feelings that can be damaged. I still cannot see why we must severely injure and ridicule them just so people can ride them, when their is an eased, sader, and more humane solution.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Ccbaclawski forfeited this round.
not_an_idiot

Con

not_an_idiot forfeited this round.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Ccbaclawski forfeited this round.
not_an_idiot

Con

not_an_idiot forfeited this round.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Ccbaclawski forfeited this round.
not_an_idiot

Con

I am very sorry for forfeiting the previous rounds. I was on a vacation in which I could not access the Internet. Since this is already the last round, I will conclude my arguments; having carriage horses in New York City is inhumane and unfair for the horses.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Ccbaclawski forfeited this round.
Posted by QueenElsa 2 years ago
QueenElsa
Agreeing with the Contender here!I hate and it angers me seeing hrses forced to work all day and even in the scorching heat and paining cold just to please others in a supposed "fun" carriage ride.It brakes my heart.Im a horse owner of 12 hrses and iresect them as i would anyone ese.They have feelings.One thing most people would thinkweird.I talk to them and treatthem like ido humans.I RESPECT them.I would hate to ever be forced to work all day pulling a big carriage.
Posted by queenofmayhem 2 years ago
queenofmayhem
Carriage horses can be found in all big cities, including Chicago and San Antonio, and I wholeheartedly agree that this is wrong and should be considered abuse.