CatalyticConvertersRule
TheRealBatman117

Cars are so clean now, there is no need for mandatory emissions testing.

CatalyticConvertersRule
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

CatalyticConvertersRule

Pro

I've noticed lately that cars are so clean, all that they produce is water from the tailpipe. Therefore, there is no reason to get them emissions tested.
TheRealBatman117

Con

Do you know what a normal person is? Well, you see, we own cars that need emission checks. Hummers, Cameros, and Lambos even! All of the above require this, you X-TRA SPECIAL person!
Posted by markymarkmfdoso 1 week ago
markymarkmfdoso
I would like to point out that ever since the car has been invented water has come out of the tailpipe. This is caused from the cold metal in the exhaust pipes being rapidly heated by the exhaust fumes - it creates condensation on the metal... It is the same reason water appears on the outside of your soda can after you take it out of the fridge.

Cars still need emissions tests because car manufacturers will take advantage of not having to put them on. The emissions system is very complicated, expensive and reduces the power and fuel economy of the car greatly
It is proof that car manufacturers will still try to get around emissions tests because in 2015 VW attempted to cheat the test and were caught.
Posted by CatalyticConvertersRule 1 month ago
CatalyticConvertersRule
Posted by Debating_Horse 2 days ago

ROFLLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
PowerPikachu21
The sad thing is, there's no real arguments to judge in this debate. Either "cars are so clean, all that they produce is water from the tailpipe. Therefore, there is no reason to get them emissions tested", or "we own cars that need emission checks. Hummers, Cameros, and Lambos". Any further backing would've won the debate for Pro or Con, the front I usually check.

[You can see this as an extension of me examining why I can't award argument points in my vote.]
Posted by Debating_Horse 1 month ago
Debating_Horse
Such a darn troll! Why is there one round? Get out of here! No one has time for games!
Posted by nobleislandbag 1 month ago
nobleislandbag
Well you can't SEE exhaust unless it's especially bad.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
PowerPikachu21
CatalyticConvertersRuleTheRealBatman117
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Both arguments were really brief, and lacked sources. They both are purely stating the opposite of the other's side, Pro saying cars are clean, and Con just saying they're not. However, Con's argument seemed to call Pro not a normal person, "Do you know what a normal person is?" then "All of the above require this, you X-TRA SPECIAL person!". It really sounded like he's calling Pro "retarded". I'm giving the win just because of Con's lack of conduct. If there's any questions, let me know in the comment section.