Catholic Church bring Good and Peace in the World

Give me proofs that Catholic Church bring chaos in the world.

First off, the burden of proof is shared. The burden of proof is on the people trying to prove it is a good or evil organization. Since, we're both arguing that it is a good or evil force, both of us have to meet our burden.

Lets start off with crimes against humanity. The Catholic Church in UK sent orphans, 10,000 of them as young as the age of 3, to religious orphanages and institutions in commonwealth countries because it was cheaper to take care of them. The children were then sexually, physically and emotionally abused for 80 years and used as free labor. There was flogging, sexual assaults and murders.

the Taiping Revolution: The Guinness Book of World Records calls this the bloodiest civil war. There was an estimate of 20 million deaths. Basically what happened was that the Christians convert Hong Xiuquan. They believe the Taiping leader was chosen by god to establish his Heavenly Kingdom on Earth in Hong Xiuquan. The rebels destroyed imperial culture, smashed religious statues and icons throughout the land.

The Inquisition: The inquisition was the suffering of heresy, which is disagreeing with the church or worshipping another religion other than Christianity. It shows the arrogance of the Catholic Church. Let's go over the torture devices shall we? The Judas Chair: large, pyramid-shaped seat in which heretics were placed on top, with a point inserted into their anuses or genitalia and then very, very slowly lowered onto the points with ropes. The effect was to slowly stretch the opening of choice in an extremely painful manner. Head Vice: The heretics would put their in a specially fitted vice and tightened it until their teeth are crushed, your jaw breaks and eventually your eyes pop out. The Pear: Large bulbous gadget that is inserted into the orifice of choice, usually the mouth, anus or vagina. A lever than then causes it to slowly expand while being inserted. Caused internal bleeding. The Wheel: The heretics were strapped on a big wheel and clubbed until their bones shatter. Now, let's go into the execution methods. Sawing: Heretics were hung upside down and sawed apart from the middle, starting at their crotch. Disembowelment: a small hole is cut in the gut, then the intestines are drawn out slowly and carefully, with attempts at keeping the victim alive for much as possible. The Stake: very popular, attached to a stake and burned.

Pope Damasus I (366-384): Children and women were bought and sold s sex slaves to increase funding for the church, this was designed by Damasus I. Those who opposed this were tortured, killed and their land seized. Some of the women forced into prostitution were nuns!

Pope Urban II (1088-1099): Ordered the slaughter of 10 million heretics where the men, women and mostly children in efforts to procure Belgrade, The Orthodox Church of Constantinople in Yugoslavia, Turkey, Syria, Antioch and Palestine. By the way, Hitler killed six million during the Holocaust.

Pope Innocent III: Ordered and aided the death of 1 million people during the papacy of 1198-1216. He even started a crusade against the Albigenes where he ordered his men to butcher them by tens of thousands of horrible ways.

Pope Pius XII: Pius XII personally handed Hitler detailed instructions on how the methodical extermination of non-Catholic minorities across all of Europe was to be enacted and how death camps were to be constructed for the sole purpose of their murder. He said heretics couldn't be shot or killed, they had to burned alive. Read Hitler's Pope: The Secret History of Pius XII by John Cornwell. In 1946 he came to the aid of war criminals including Ante Pavelic who was in Croatia and lead the most satanic and murderous regimes in all of history. The group was known as the Croatian Ustashi. Pius XII established his own army called the Catholic Ustashi and that was responsible for the murder of 600,000.

Pope John Paul II: Worked as a chemist for I,G. Farben Chemical which was the largest chemical manufacturing enterprise in the world and manufacturer of poison gas. The very same poison used with Malathion and Zyklon B, used by Nazi Germany.

Pope Gregory IX: he was accused of kidnapping and unlawful restraint for the purpose of slavery. He established three inquisitions in 1242 using false texts of witchcraft. Approximately 650,000 were burned alive. Gregory IX issued papal bull decreeing burning of heretics and other church enemies as standard penalty. This was the first time in human history that burning people alive is made an official law. It's still a law even today.

Pope John XXIII: He was charged with repeated incest and of the murder of Pope Alexander V. He was accused of open depravity associated with cannibalism, sex and murder. John XXIII opened cathedrals and churches regularly for sexual orgies, ritualistic murder of children and cannibalism in the celebration of High Mass of Satanism of Christianity. He was also charged with regular and institutional sodomy and murder of children.

Overall, the church and it's leaders have caused intense suffering and unforgivable acts against humanity.

Works Cited:
Carroll, J. (2001). Constantine's Sword: The Church and the Jews"A History. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
Gourevitch, P. (1998). We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families: Stories from Rwanda. New York: Farrar, Straus, Giroux.
"Influence of the Roman Catholic Church in the Acquittal of Rwandan Bishop Debated" (2000).Christianity Today, June 19.
Kertzer, D. I. (2001). The Pope against the Jews: The Vatican's Role in the Rise of Modern Anti-Semitism. New York: Knopf.
Lapomarda, V. A. (1989). The Jesuits and the Third Reich. Lewiston, N.Y.: Edwin Mellen Press.
Lehmann, L. H. (1946). Vatican Policy in the Second World War. New York: Agora Press.
Manhattan, A. (1950). The Catholic Church Against the Twentieth Century. London: Watts.
Melvern, L. (2000). A People Betrayed: The Role of the West in Rwanda's Genocide. London: Zed Books.
Munro, D. C. (1927). "War & History." The American Historical Review 32:219"231.
Phayer, M. (1998). "Pope Pius XII, the Holocaust, and the Holy War." Holocaust and Genocide Studies 12:233"256.
Ramati, A. (1978). While the Pope Kept Silent. London: George Allen & Unwin.
Schwartz, S. B. (1991). "The Voyage of the Vassals: Royal Power, Noble Obligations, and Merchant Capital Before the Portuguese Restoration of Independence, 1624"1640." The American Historical Review 96:735"762.
Stehlin, S. A. (1983). Weimar and the Vatican: 1919"1933. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.
Straus, B. R. (1987). The Catholic Church. New York: Hippocrene Books.
Von der Heydte, F. A. F. (1935). "Discovery, Symbolic Annexation and Virtual Effectiveness in International Law." American Journal of International Law 29:448"471.
Zuccotti, S. (2001). Under His Very Windows: The Vatican and the Holocaust in Italy. New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press

By this term is usually meant a special ecclesiastical institution for combating or suppressing heresy. Its characteristic mark seems to be the bestowal on special judges of judicial powers in matters of faith, and this by supreme ecclesiastical authority, not temporal or for individual cases, but as a universal and permanent office. Moderns experience difficulty in understanding this institution, because they have, to no small extent, lost sight of two facts.

On the one hand they have ceased to grasp religious belief as something objective, as the gift of God, and therefore outside the realm of free private judgment; on the other they no longer see in the Church a society perfect and sovereign, based substantially on a pure and authentic Revelation, whose first most important duty must naturally be to retain unsullied this original deposit of faith. Before the religious revolution of the sixteenth century these views were still common to all Christians; that orthodoxy should be maintained at any cost seemed self-evident.

However, while the positive suppression of heresy by ecclesiastical and civil authority in Christian society is as old as the Church, the Inquisition as a distinct ecclesiastical tribunal is of much later origin. Historically it is a phase in the growth of ecclesiastical legislation, whose distinctive traits can be fully understood only by a careful study of the conditions amid which it grew up. Our subject may, therefore, be conveniently treated as follows:

• I. The Suppression of Heresy during the first twelve Christian centuries;

• II. The Suppression of Heresy by the Institution known as the Inquisition under its several forms:

• (A) The Inquisition of the Middle Ages;

• (B) The Inquisition in Spain;

• (C) The Holy Office at Rome.

(1) Though the Apostles were deeply imbued with the conviction that they must transmit the deposit of the Faith to posterity undefiled, and that any teaching at variance with their own, even if proclaimed by an angel of Heaven, would be a culpable offense, yet St. Paul did not, in the case of the heretics Alexander and Hymeneus, go back to the Old Covenant penalties of death or scourging (Deuteronomy 13:6 sqq.; 17:1 sqq.), but deemed exclusion from the communion of the Church sufficient (1 Timothy 1:20; Titus 3:10). In fact to the Christians of the first three centuries it could scarcely have occurred to assume any other attitude towards those who erred in matters of faith. Tertullian (To Scapula 2) lays down the rule:

he ecclesiastical ideasof the first five centuries may be summarized as follows:

• the Church should for no cause shed blood (St. Augustine, St. Ambrose, St. Leo I, and others);

• other teachers, however, like Optatus of Mileve and Priscillian, believed that the State could pronounce the death penalty on heretics in case the public welfare demanded it;

• the majority held that the death penalty for heresy, when not civilly criminal, was irreconcilable with the spirit of Christianity.

St. Augustine (Epistle 100, n. 1), almost in the name of the western Church, says: "Corrigi eos volumus, non necari, nec disciplinam circa eos negligi volumus, nec suppliciis quibus digni sunt exerceri" — we wish them corrected, not put to death; we desire the triumph of (ecclesiastical) discipline, not the death penalties that they deserve. St. John Chrysostom says substantially the same in the name of the Eastern Church (Homily 46 on Matthew, no. 1): "To consign a heretic to death is to commit an offence beyond atonement"; and in the next chapter he says that God forbids their execution, even as He forbids us to uproot cockle, but He does not forbid us to repel them, to deprive them of free speech, or to prohibit their assemblies. The help of the "secular arm" was therefore not entirely rejected; on the contrary, as often as the Christian welfare, general or domestic, required it, Christian rulers sought to stem the evil by appropriate measures. As late the seventh century St. Isidore of Sevilleexpresses similar sentiments (Sententiarum, III, iv, nn. 4-6).

How little we are to trust the vaunted impartiality of Henry Charles Lee, the American historian of the Inquisition, we may here illustrate by an example. In his "History of the Inquisition in the Middle Ages" (New York, 1888, I, 215), He closes this period with these words:

It was only sixty-two years after the slaughter of Priscillian and his followers had excited so much horror, that Leo I, when the heresy seemed to be reviving in 447, not only justified the act, but declared that, if the followers of a heresy so damnable were allowed to live, there would be an end to human and Divine law. The final step had been taken and the church was definitely pledged to the suppression of heresy at any cost. It is impossible not to attribute to ecclesiastical influence the successive edicts by which, from the time of Theodosius the Great, persistence in heresy was punished with death.

In these lines Lee has transferred to the pope words employed by the emperor. Moreover, it is simply the exact opposite of historical truth to assert that the imperial edicts punishing heresy with death were due to ecclesiastical influence, since we have shown that in this period the more influential ecclesiastical authorities declared that the death penalty was contrary to the spirit of the Gospel, and themselves opposed its execution. For centuries this was the ecclesiastical attitude both in theory and in practice. Thus, in keeping with the civil law, some Manichæans were executed at Ravenna in 556. On the other hand. Elipandus of Toledo and Felix of Urgel, the chiefs of Adoptionism and Predestinationism, were condemned by councils, but were otherwise left unmolested. We may note, however, that the monk Gothescalch, after the condemnation of his false doctrine that Christ had not died for all mankind, was by the Synods of Mainz in 848 and Quiercy in 849 sentenced to flogging and imprisonment, punishments then common in monasteries for various infractions of the rule.

APA citation. Blötzer, J. (1910). Inquisition. In The Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. Retrieved April 29, 2013 from New Advent:

MLA citation. Blötzer, Joseph. "Inquisition." The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 8. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1910. 29 Apr. 2013 <;.

Transcription. This article was transcribed for New Advent by Matt Dean.

Ecclesiastical approbation. Nihil Obstat. October 1, 1910. Remy Lafort, S.T.D., Censor. Imprimatur. +John Cardinal Farley, Archbishop of New York.

Contact information. The editor of New Advent is Kevin Knight. My email address is feedback732 at (To help fight spam, this address might change occasionally.) Regrettably, I can't reply to every letter, but I greatly appreciate your feedback — especially notifications about typographical errors and inappropriate ads.

I have no idea what my opponent is debating about. The topic is "The Catholic Church Brings Good and Peace in the World." Not if it does a good job of suppressing heresy.
My arguments still stand.

My opponent do not know about the debate. My friend the debate is define in this like so that you will know the meaning.

You did not agree that the Catholic Church bring peace and Good in the World because of the great trouble in the world.

My question is, What is your evidence that the last September 11, 2001 that the Catholic Church is the mastermind of the World trade center attack?

Diirez forfeited this round.

My opponent have no evidence that the Catholic Church is the mastermind of World Trade Center Attack, so, it means that the Catholic Church is bringing PEACE and GOOD into the World.

My opponent don't have any idea of what "GOOD and PEACE", means.

My stand and my arguments are very strong and firm. My opponent have no weapons to destroy the truth of my arguments.

I apologize for the forfiture, I had something really personal happen to me in which I wasn't emotionally stable enough to come on and debate.

I have no idea where this whole World Trade Center idea is coming from, this is why you should always quote the argument you're attacking so the other person knows what statement you're referring to. If you point out exactly in my argument where I blamed the Catholic Church I will gladly explain it to you and show you my reference. As always, all of my evidence is in my works cited.

"MY opponnent don't have any idea of what "GOOD and PEACE", means.
Unfortunately, I do understand what good and peace means. I don't know what sick world you live in where you think that any organization is a force for good and peace when it was involved in the sexually, physically and emotional abuse of 10,000 orphans for 80 years, the cause of the bloodiest civil war, the inquisition in which many died because they did not agree with the church, leaders who tortured, killed, raped, ordered crusades, worked along with hitler, made gas for the Nazi's, accused of kidnapping and slavely and incest and cannibalism.

"My stand and my arguments are very strong and firm. My opponent have no weapons to destroy the truth of my arguments."
You do not stand very strong and firm, sir. No sane and rational human being can think all of those crimes against humanity, regardless of any of the excuses.

I have already answer you that the INQUISITION due to the HERESIES AGAINST CATHOLIC CHURCH Teachings like God who order Moses to kill the people (Exodo 32:27-29). If you think that Catholic Church is bringing trouble in the World you must show me that the CC have done this killing at the start of the Catholic Church in first century. You do not know that during the 1st to 4th century the Catholic Church were killed until Constantine who abolished the persecutions of Christians.

You have to show me that the Catholic Church were killing people or any abuses commanded by the Pope as the leader of the Church from first century until now? if you are not able to show me, your arguments is very weak.

My opponent seems to be in denial at this point.
1. He refused to quote the only argument of mine that he decided to attack.

2. "If you think that Catholic Church is bringing trouble to the World you must show me that the CC have done this killing at the start of the Catholic Church in the first century."
Why is it just the first century? The Catholic Church is an organization from the first century to modern day, all I have to prove is the evil it has done between those two points, which I have.
"You do not know that during the 1st to 4th century the Catholic Church were killed until Constantine who abolished the persecutions of Christians."
I do know about such an event, I know my history. Just because the Catholic Church was persecuted at one point in history doesn't give them the right to do the same.

"You have to show me that the Catholic Church were killing people or any abuses commanded by the Pope as the leader of the Church from first century until now? If you re not able to show me, your arguments is very weak."
Read my first argument again.

Ladies and gentleman, I thank you for reading this debate. Let me go through a brief summary of the history I went through to show how evil the Catholic Church is. First, the Taiping Revolution, the bloodiest civil war with an estimate of 20 million deaths. The Inquisition, a point in time in which people who didn't believe in the same thing the Catholic Church believed in were severely tortured. To top off the major events, 80,000 Orphans shipped from the UK, 10,000 of which were at the age of 3, to commonwealth countries. The children were then sexually, physically and emotionally abused for 80 years and used as free labor.
Now my opponent has asked me to show how the leaders are at fault in history. So let me do a quick rundown of all the evil leaders: Pope Damasus: Sold women and children as sex slaves for funding for the church. Pope Urban II: Ordered the death of 10 million, Pope Innocent III: Ordered the death of 1 million. Pope Pius XII: Helped Hitler, set up a military group based off of the Croatian Ustashi which is responsible for the murder of 600,000. Pope John Paul II: Worked for a chemical manufacturer which sold their poison gas to Nazi Germany, Pope Gregory IX: Established 3 inquisitions in which 650,000 were murdered and Pope John XXIII: Charged with repeated incest, murder, cannibalism, orgies, ritualistic murder of children and sodomy.

Let me add up how many deaths the Church is known to be responsible for: 32,250,000 deaths. 1 death is too many. No sane person can think an organization responsible for 32,250,000 deaths is a force for good in the world. Hitler killed 6 million and the Church killed 32 million. It's more than 5x than Hitler.
I wrest my case.
Vote Con.