Taufer
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Catholic Church is cruel and unthinking.

Taufer

Con

The Catholic Church has a history of taking cruel and unthinking action to protect its name and reputation regardless of who it hurts along the way.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

A church cannot be sentient, hence it can't think. thus it follows that the Catholic Church being unthinking is an inherent fact.

A church can be cruel because while it is incapable of thinking, it can have suffering occur without stopping it.

Con agrees.
Taufer

Con

I am sorry yes I should have put pro the statement but I am unable to find how to change that.

In further support of my statement I cite the instance of the aftermath of the first Rock Mass held in Rome on 27th April 1966.

In response to the outcomes of Vatican II to be more appealing to young people three Italian rock bands were invited by the Catholic Church to perform the mass. Although it was an enormous hit with young people, due to the media outcry afterwards the Vatican took steps that destroyed the careers of those bands including excommunication.

Organisations such as the church can think because the organisation is its leadership, in this case the Vatican. It is the leadership that caused the destruction of the young bands who were only responding to an invitation by the church representatives.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

Con has yet to rebut anything I said and furthermore is supporting Pro's case.

Mistake or not, a concession is a concession.
Taufer

Con

I have agreed that I made a mistake about Pro and Con and I did ask how to change it but no one has given me the information.

As no one has actually come out against the statement as part of the debate I will address round to those who have made a comment but not as part of the debate.

Isabelneussl states that she doesn't thin the Catholic Church is cruel but that the services are boring. In 1966 an attempt was made by the Church to be more appealing to young people. This was done by holding the first Rock Mass in Rome. It was the churches reaction to sectors within the church and the media that is was many years before it was attempted gain. There are some churches that still hold Rock Masses (I believe even some jazz and country & western ones) but the arguments still persist about sacred music.

Yes there is also some corruption that is being weeded out but is that due to the Church's own initiatives or due to media exposition.

The statement is hardly bigoted when I have suffered due to actions taken by the Vatican.

The comparison between the Atheist Party is not relevant because I know from personal experience the power of the Catholic Church.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

Illuminati confirmed!
Taufer

Con

Taufer forfeited this round.
Taufer

Con

Taufer forfeited this round.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Pro

8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA forfeited this round.
Posted by isabelneussl 1 year ago
isabelneussl
I disagree with this statement. I admit that i don't like Catholicism, but i don't think that they're cruel. I just think that their church service is kind of boring.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Technically, Con conceded the debate in the first round.
Posted by Stefy 1 year ago
Stefy
It has a bad history like most religious institutions and there is still some corruption today that the hurch is currently working in weeding out. But this is a disgustingly bigoted generalization. If i find an atheist dictator can i say that the national atheist party is automatically cruel and authoritarian and unthingking? No. That would be ridiculousbecause I dont know sh*t about that party.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Are you pro or con this statement.... "The Catholic Church is cruel and unthinking"? It appears you meant to be Pro, but accidentally took the Con position. You may have to edit this debate. Once you fix it, I'd be glad to debate you.
Posted by Taufer 1 year ago
Taufer
I believe in the debate that I posted and I know it for experience.
Posted by hect 1 year ago
hect
I believe you are meant to be pro in supporting the argument if not I will accept