yacss
JonL

Catholic Church vs Protestants

yacss

Pro

I Just wanted to see why protestants left the church of Christ that he founded himself to a branch of christianity created by some people in europe.
JonL

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for the opportunity!

I'm not exactly sure what it is we will be debating about but I will explain the validity of the Protestant movement in Europe during the reformation. Seeing as I only have 9 minutes to post my first argument I will save the majority for round two.

1. " why protestants left the church of Christ that he founded himself"

- The Roman Catholic Church was founded by Constantine the Great, absolutely not Christ himself. Not only was Christ not involved with the foundation of the church neither were any of the twelve disciples listed in the biblical scriptures.
yacss

Pro

yacss forfeited this round.
JonL

Con

The Roman Catholic Church had a strangle hold on Europe during its days of power. Corruption, greed, extortion, murder, theft, and a dismantling of the powers of rulers, in nearly every state in Europe all produced the outcome of the Protestant Reformation.

The Reformation was a reformed view of the biblical scriptures. It allowed every day men and women to read and interpret the scriptures, and removed the dependency on the hierarchy of bishops and priests.