LegendKiller
Platypus666

Catholicism is a way better religion than yours

Platypus666

LegendKiller

Pro

I saw that you put a pretty dumb religion for your beliefs, i want to prove to you that my religon is way better.
3 rounds
anythings goes
Platypus666

Con

My gratitude towards my opponent for instigating such a fine debate of civil caliber! =D

For clarification, my side will be defending Pastafarianism!

CATHOLIC GOD VS. THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER

This is good place to start. The centers that our religions revolve around are their most high and divine being.
What are their opposing attributes and how do they stand up against one another?

In the beginning, God created the universe! This has since made a lot of people angry and is largely regarded as a bad move.

The Catholic God, Yahweh, has never been said to have expressed any sort of guilt or apology about this. The central tenet of Yahweh's character is that he prideful. Apparently nothing he ever does is wrong! Yet he demands his follows constantly confess their own faults. What a hypocrite.

The FSM on the hand, well, he is no perfect God by a long-shot. In-fact, he's made many, if not all ,of the same mistakes as Yahweh. The big difference? He confesses to it! Truth is he's just an average guy. He tries to do the right thing but some times messes up. He freely admits that he was drunk during the creation of the universe.

This is one reason Pastafarianism is better than Catholicism.

THE AFTERLIFE

The afterlife attributed to Yahweh and the afterlife attributed to FSM are two radically different things.

In the Catholic conception of Yahweh, there is a Heaven, Hell and Purgatory.

Hell is a place where, if you did not confess your faith to God, you will be tortured for all eternity, with differing levels of intensity.

Purgatory is a place where you will be tortured temporarily to "purge" yourself of yours sins before you get to go to heaven.

That's a bit grotesque, right? Certainly heaven has to be so great that is makes up for all this!

Turns out heaven is a place where you get to worship God and further inflate his ego for all eternity. Yippee!

As for the Pastafarian conception?

(hold on, it's 4:20 while I'm typing this, brb)

(ok, back)

In FSM's heaven, there is a BEER VOLCANO and A STRIPPER FACTORY! Hell yyyyyyyyyyyeah. FSM doesn't need your worship (though he does like it occasionally). He just wants to chill, man.

There ain't no muthersuckin purgatory. Idk, there might be. Like a waiting room or something. With those little toys made for toddlers that look like rollercoasters...you know, with the beads? Yeah, those are fun. I always play with those.

Hell, on the other hand, is very similar to heaven except the beer is stale and all the strippers have STDS.

Sounds to me like FSM is, well, pretty much a whole lot less of a douchebag when it comes to the afterlife. And this is another reason why Pastafarianism is better than Catholicism.

And I'll save the rest for later. Mostly cause I'm too lazy to type any further.

LegendKiller

Pro

Alright you said "in the beginning God created the universe, which made people angry and regarded as a bad move", but later you also say ur fake "god" made "the universe while he was drunk" so people like you regarded Ur fake idol decision as a bad move and made people very angry, you must be furious at Ur monster right now aren't you, what a shame.
Where did you get your info that God is prideful? huh you need quotes senora. And yeah you are correct on one think he doesn't do anything wrong that's why he's GOD! If he made mistakes he wouldn't be concerned God, he'll be concerned as another person, because human beings make mistakes, because we are only human and not perfect, we're not God.

Well of course Ur monster will make mistakes and a bunch of mistakes for the fact too, because He's a monster and monsters are dumb for example the cookie monster, he eats every cookie he sees. How does ur food monster admit his mistakes does he talk to you, my food doesn't talk to me, maybe that weed of yours makes you start hearing things.

You also said hes like an average guy, if hes like an average guy what makes him different from the rest? Hey look its optimus prime, time to transform and roll out , all hail optimus. pshh yeah right.

How can u call him a guy when hes pasta, hes food, and during "the creation" when he was getting drunk did he invite Mr pizza man to join him?

You said that "That's a bit grotesque, right? Certainly heaven has to be so great that is makes up for all this! " well yeah it probly is worth it and its better than earth, and you have never been to heaven so how do you know how it's like. Being dopey dumb on drugs and "going to heaven" doesn't count sorry!

Wow your heaven of yours is dumb, if all that is in earth, shouldn't there be a difference. come on strip factories don't tell me u want to continue your job when your dead come on, cochina

See you don't even know if your food religion has a purgatory, you probably been giving me all false information! watch the food channel and get yourself educated, and try to find better recipes so your spaghetti so that it doesn't turn ugly and turn to a monster and put salsa on it to maybe that's what it needs.

And yeah the beads are cool that's probly what we have in our heaven. because my religion is universal that's what catholic mean fyi.
Your belief in "hell" is dumb to cuz what that's difference and why does it matter if there's STD's your dead who gives you cant die again.
Sounds like your information of your spagitti monster isn't efficient enough, even you don't know much of it based on your arguments, you and your spagitti belong in the kitchen,nvm if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
Wow floja you cant be lazy go big or go home, just spend less time on that weed and more time on those books.

I'll explain my catholic arguments later, lets just say I serve your religion this round.

OOh dang I'm beast
Platypus666

Con

Oh, looky you Mr. Big Penis. Trying to out-match me in your out-matchiness. Hyyhaw right. *snort*

Lets get this puppy humpin'.

REBUTTAL

"and"

NO!

THE DOCTRINE OF YAHWEH VS FSM

Both of these deities lay out a doctrine that they wish humans to follow. How do they compare?

The Catholic conception of Yahweh is a very strict God.
He has certain things he requires you to do or not do, as directed by the church authorities.
If you go against any of these things, you must give the priests a blowjob to get out of hell.
These things include but are not limited to:
1. Do not tolerate anyone who is different.
2. Hate first if it's easier.
3. Give the church lots of money.
4. Hate second and give the church lots of money.
5. Discrimination is a wonderful tool and give us more money.
6. We can sin but you can't unless we think it is good, like hate, and give us more money.
7. Pedophiles are bad unless of course he is a priest then it is OK by us and we need more money.
8. Burn the witches.
9. Money.
10. Money. Give me it now.

Whereas, the doctrine of the FSM is much more understandable.
He has offered unto us the Eight "I'd-really-rather-you-didn'ts":

"1. I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asss when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject.

2. I'd really rather you didn't use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or, you know, be mean to others. I don't require sacrifices, and purity is for drinking water, not people.

3. I'd really rather you didn't judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, okay? Oh, and get this into your thick heads: woman = person. man = person. Samey = Samey. One is not better than the other, unless we're talking about fashion and I'm sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.

4. I'd really rather you didn't indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing, consenting partner of legal age AND mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is "go fvck yourself," unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change.

5. I'd really rather you didn't challenge the bigoted, misogynistic, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. Eat, then go after the basturds.

6. I'd really rather you didn't build multi million-dollar synagogues / churches / temples / mosques / shrines to my noodly goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
Ending poverty
Curing diseases
Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable
I might be a complex-carbohydrate omniscient being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I AM the creator.

7. I'd really rather you didn't go around telling people I talk to you. You're not that interesting. Get over yourself. And I told you to love your fellow man, can't you take a hint?

8. I'd really rather you didn't do unto others as you would have them do unto you if you are into, um, stuff that uses a lot of leather/lubricant/vaseline. If the other person is into it, however (pursuant to #4), then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of Mike, wear a CONDOM! Honestly, it's a piece of rubber. If I didn't want it to feel good when you did it I would have added spikes, or something."

There are actually two others but they got lost somewhere.

These fairer doctrines from the FSM are another reason why Pastafarianism is better than Catholicism.

RELIGIOUS ATTIRE

This is what Catholics wear:
http://mickeymalta.files.wordpress.com...
That's more gay than a San Fransisco man with a Hawaiian shirt, snorting glitter, watching Sex in The City, shaving his legs, talking about his feelings with an exaggerated high pitch voice and...and...and...having anal sex with another man.

This is what Pastafarians wear:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...
That's right. They wear Johnny Depp. (also, occasionally pasta strainers, cause that's just practical) This is because pirates are highly revered and divine beings according to Pastafarian doctrine. We do not accept the propaganda that has been spewed about them from church like that of the catholic people. They are good, puppy loving people who disperse candy to children.
If you google "Pastafarian attire", all pirates is what comes up.
In the beginning there was the word and the word was "aaaarrrgg".

This is yet another reason why Pastafarianism is better than Catholocism.
Pro has still to provide ONE reason to think otherwise.

SOURCES

All relevant referencing can be found in The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster:
http://rpcmp.ru...

For further and completely unnecessary information, consult your pineal gland.
LegendKiller

Pro

Well thanks for addressing me like that, but I prefer you call me papi or something like that. Thats what my gatas call me so you should to.
Alright you want to go at it lets see what you got, no holding back.
Wow why don't you have anything for your rebuttal, can't back yourself up because im right?
Let me start of with my rebuttal.
Rebuttal
No young lady your wrong.
For example the United States is a democracy, they make up laws, they give people the choice to follow them or not. If people don't follow them they must suffer the consquences for their actions.(Get sent to jail). In this case if you defy God and refuse him, then be ready to suffer your consquences, you brought this upon yourself.

In your case you refuse God and thats your choice.Since he gave you a mind capable of deciding what to do. "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."(Joshua 24:15). See God is a loving father, if you dont want to believe in him than go ahead, its your choice.
Let me just tell you this"If you place [your bet] with God, you lose nothing, even if it turns out that God does not exist. But if you place it against God, and you are wrong and God does exist, you lose everything."
― Peter Kreeft,
If you do go against God, and you have commited a sin,you dont give a bj to the pastor what are you crazy how about you give me and everybody a bj so you can fullfill your pasta's wish. Yeah so go suck on those meatballs, and make sure you clean that salsa of your face,and remember Spaghetti has multipy noodles, not just one, alot so get started!

The ten things you stated we catholics must do are wrong and they are lies, you must have made those up on your spare time, how would you like if i made up stuff about your "religion". It is declared by your "religion" to eat Spaghetti everyday, who wants to eat Spaghetti everday, nasty.This is an example of making up stuff, im not saying thats what you guys do. By the way i ate Spaghetti like two days ago. It looks like i just killed your "god".

The Catholic church does not demand money from its worshipers, it askes for help at times so that it can make the church better,educate people,feed the poor, etc.. Who saids that all the chruch wants is money, give me quotes, give me facts to prove it. If indulgences are an example of the chruch wanting money, then thats really basic. The reason is that, that happen many years ago and we as a whole have learn that was wrong and shall never happen again. We learn from our mistakes and we try to improve so we do better, because we're humans and we make mistakes! Yes priest are human too so they commit mistakes to,but just because one person does something wrong you can't put that on the whole religion itself.
We do not discriminate others, in the bible it saids "Do not judge so that you will not be judged" (Matthew 7:1).Some people do judge others, but you cant blame it on the religion because of that person's fault.

Im not gonna go in depth with your doctrine because im running out of space and i need space to dicuss my religion and plus its dumb. Just by the way it sounds "I'd-really-rather-you-didn'ts", just that alone it sounds weak, "I'd rather.." hes a weak "god". "You dont have to listen to me but i prefer you do this". He sounds like he doesnt know what he wants, i want you to, but ummm you dont have to do, but ummm i prefer if you took my advice. Thats weak!!!

What does the attire have to do with anything? This isnt halloween and besides what are we little kids, yeahhhh pirates woohoo i see peter pan ahhhh. No you guys dress up like this http://www.bing.com... , the pirates from africa.

MY TURN
Apparently you can't read, in round one i said, "I'll save my catholic arguments for later, lets just say i served your religion this round" thats why I havent said one prove to prove otherwise yet.

Now I am, lets do this, you dont know what you got into, get ready mija.
First of all my religion isn't a joke, like your food religion. My religion has been around for centuries not like yours, how old is it 2 years old?

My religion is the FIRST christian religion and it was made by GOD, its not a lower donimanition. My religion was the first its original and we have over millions of believers, how many do you have, 3?

Our bible goes through and explains our lives. It helps us be better people and understand God more and love him more. Our bible is way larger than yours.

Your religion is a joke you dont have anything to back it up and your only source is wikipedia, i search and I look at the creation section and you just copy and paste the paragraph hahaha wow.
The Catholic religion is real! on the other hand Pastafarianism is not, on the wikipedia page the main picture of your pasta is photoshop on to the art of Michelangelo.

This is a reason why Catholicism is better because its not a joke!

The ten commandments
1.You shall have no other gods before me.

2.You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3.You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4.Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5.Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6.You shall not murder.

7.You shall not commit adultery.

8.You shall not steal.

9.You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10.You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

These are rules that we follow and is pretty logical if you place it in todays society. Yeah i can do all this whats so bad about it. The answer is nothing!!!!!
This is another reason why my religion is better because it has rules at which we should follow and without rules there would be chaos like your religion.

http://www.existence-of-god.com...
http://www.newadvent.org...
One of my huge sources is the bible.

For any more information open up your bible and read it. p.s food is something you eat not who you listen to.
Lets see what you got ,quote and get REAL facts!
Platypus666

Con

REBUTTAL

[video]

Now, on to address just a few specific things. Not because it's worth it. It would just be bad taste not to reply at all.

"For example the United States is a democracy, they make up laws, they give people the choice to follow them or not. If people don't follow them they must suffer the consquences for their actions.(Get sent to jail). In this case if you defy God and refuse him, then be ready to suffer your consquences, you brought this upon yourself."

Punishment is a means to an ends. Namely, frightening people off from doing things we don't want them to. Also, jail is supposed to be for the purpose of keeping harmful people out of society.

With an afterlife this is much different. There is simply no good reason to punish someone for all eternity. You aren't teaching them a less. You aren't teaching anyone else a lesson. You aren't achieving anything of any practical worth. Blind vengeance is the only motive. And frankly, that's sick. People have cruel minds and they have made their God in their own image. That is why Catholicism has this sort of hell. Not because there is anything just about it.

The only justice I know of is for helping people, not hurting them. Otherwise, I would hope no one would want anything to do with this "justice".

"If you place [your bet] with God, you lose nothing, even if it turns out that God does not exist. But if you place it against God, and you are wrong and God does exist, you lose everything."
― Peter Kreeft"

Aaaah, old Pascal's Wager. Old, worthless, meaningless, void of any critical thinking, Pascal's Wager. Seriously. It's not rocket science to figure out why this makes no sense. The only reason you wouldn't see it is if you're just blindly using it as an excuse to rationalize your nonsense views.

The wager makes two fundamental mistakes:
1. It assumes there is only one possible God. Mankind has invented millions of Gods and only Yahweh is being considered here. Ever stop to think that you might be worshiping the wrong one and the real God is gonna get really pissed at you in the afterlife?
2. It assumes that God would never be forgiving. Perhaps God isn't a complete psychopath who wants to damn people for all eternity with brimstone and fire for not confessing faith in him. Or perhaps he might only do it very bad people. There are any number of possible ways he might handle it.

So the possible outcomes are not nearly as narrowed down as you'd like people to think.

When confronting arguments like Pascal's Wager, my number one advice I would give people is: Try thinking.

"Yeah so go suck on those meatballs"

I did. They were delicious.

"Apparently you can't read"

No, I really can't. I'm not 100% sure you're speaking the same dialect of English as me.
So. Many. Mistakes. Must. Restrain. Need. To. Correct.

"Our bible is way larger than yours."

Oh no. What am going to now? All my previous logic: down the drain.

"your only source is wikipedia"

Incorrect. I sourced to a pdf of FSM bible. I didn't even source to wikipedia at all.

"I search and I look at the creation section and you just copy and paste the paragraph hahaha wow."

The only thing I copy and pasted was the eight I-really-rather-you-didn'ts and I put them in quotations, denoting that it was taken from somewhere.

"This is another reason why my religion is better because it has rules at which we should follow and without rules there would be chaos like your religion."

Please, dear lord, close your legs. The putrid smell emulating from them is enough to gag something dead. Jesus.

VOTE CON.

And smoke weed.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Awh. Did he figure out I was trolling? That's lame. I wanted to keep going!
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
But don't you see? Nobody ever realizes your greatness until you're gone. Think about it. Picaso's one of the world's greatest painters, but nobody paid him any sort of attention until he died! And then they were all like "WTF IS THIS SH!T? IT'S FVCKING AMAZING! WHO IS THIS GUY!" Same thing with pretty much every painter, but you get what I'm saying, right?

What I'm trying to say here, man, is that we can't just give you all the attention now! Then we'd be going against the grain, how things are man! We can't just fight the system like that! Don't you see man!? We're all slaves TO THE MAN! We can't just stick it to him! He OWNS US, man. Ya dig?
Posted by LegendKiller 5 years ago
LegendKiller
Now thats what im talking about man! Thank you sir! How about next time you vote for me then alright
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Dude, who wouldn't friend request you?! I mean, just look at the way you demolished this debate! Such skill! Such finesse! You ate that Pastafarian and ended with a nice, loud belch of absolute and total triumph! You're the terror of every Olive Garden on the planet! No italian dish wants to be anywhere near you! You are the MAN!
Posted by LegendKiller 5 years ago
LegendKiller
@zaradi dude stop complaining, if you dislike me then why request me as a friend. Now that is lame.@oryus thanks man win or lose, i always come out winning.@platpus666 i just made you and your religion seem like a joke, do you really want to be made fun of again. Thats no problem for me.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Dude, you don't even realize how much of my soul dies every time I have to add the 'yo' to saying 'u' or 'ur'. I'm nearly at the edge of being sent to a mental hospital, having lost my mind from adding those two entirely pointless letters to make a simple, one-letter word.

/end sarcasm
Posted by HonestDiscussioner 5 years ago
HonestDiscussioner
Is it REALLY that difficult to spell "your". Is the two characters you save by going with "UR" really making such a large difference in your life? Seriously.
Posted by Oryus 5 years ago
Oryus
HAHAHA! This debate rules.
Posted by Platypus666 5 years ago
Platypus666
lol, Zaradi
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
http://www.debate.org...

I urge you all to enjoy this good bit of fun at the expense of our great hero here, LegendKiller.
Vote Placed by Callen13 5 years ago
Callen13
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: In the name of the butter, the sauce, and the garlic toast, blessings be spun unto thine forks. -_- amen.
Vote Placed by daytonanerd 5 years ago
daytonanerd
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Alright, this was a bad debate, but... Come on. Con was better. Legendkiller isn't funny.
Vote Placed by K.GKevinGeary 5 years ago
K.GKevinGeary
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: obvious, ummmmmm, yea I do not think I need to do a crazy rfd for this.
Vote Placed by Nosaj5q 5 years ago
Nosaj5q
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: legendkiller is a tool
Vote Placed by Shawnewise 5 years ago
Shawnewise
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con
Vote Placed by Mrparkers 5 years ago
Mrparkers
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con because Pro started off this debate on an insult. Spelling to Con because Pro misspells a few words and uses internet slang. Arguments to Con because they were better.
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con's religion "pretty dumb," right off the bat. That is very bad debate decorum, and he is marked down accordingly. Whenever I see someone type "ur" instead of "your," I want to punch ponies in their faces.
Vote Placed by caveat 5 years ago
caveat
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately, Pro's decision to make this a comedic debate followed with an attempt at a serious one was a ill-advised.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was kind of a bad debate on both sides, although I would mostly attribute the fault on this one to pro for making really bad arguments that had to be responded to by really bad arguments. Pascal's wager was the only real interesting argument, but that was easily refuted as well. I give S/G to con because pro's spelling was just Yahweh-awful (lol) and conduct goes to con because, frankly, I died laughing reading her intro to Pastafarianism. Pro's humor....yeah. No.
Vote Placed by twocupcakes 5 years ago
twocupcakes
LegendKillerPlatypus666Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con argues that the FSM gives a better afterlife,has more just laws and is a more chill down to earth, in touch God. Pro says his God is older, not a joke and has more followers. Con successfully debunks pascals wager. The afterlife of Pastafarianism seems better, the laws of the FSM seem more just and the FSM seems like a more just person. Also, Con was hilarious, while Pro, not so much