LifeMeansGodIsGood
Mr.Lincoln

Catholicism is not Christian.

Mr.Lincoln

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Catholicism is not Christian because it denies the Bible as God's Word. The main point I will use in this argument is that the Bible says we can know we have eternal life, while Catholicism dictates that it's followers are not allowed to be sure they are completely forgiven by God now........and they are not forgiven by God now, , therefore they are not Christian. Christians are forgiven by God. Catholics are trying to earn forgiveness.

The only source for this debate will be the King James Bible. The Douay version, the Catholic Bible, includes the Apocrypha which was rejected by Christians as heretical and corrupt. Catholics added it to the Bible in order to support Catholic dogma which contradicts the Bible. Because the Apocrypha is contradictory to the Bible, it is excluded from this debate. The Apocrypha is not Christian, and the Catholic church is not Christian. This is clearly shown by the Bible.
Mr.Lincoln

Con

I am a Catholic, and I am a Christian. Why? Because Catholic is a branch of Christianity
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Uh huh, and Hare Krishna is also a branch of Christianity. The only problem is, the branch has been taken from a strange tree and the fruit it bears is not from God. Christian in Catholicism has a whole different meaning than Christian in the Bible. Are you going to put up an argument, or what? Are you leaving the statements in my Round 1 argument unchallenged? Are you going to challenge any of my statements with more than " I am a Christian. Why? Because Catholic is a branch of Christianity".

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven the moment your body expires? If you cannot answer yes to this question and explain how you now know your sins are forgiven and you are sure you are going to heaven, then you are not a Christian. You may be a practitioner of the Catholic religion, but not a Christian. Christians are forgiven and going to heaven, no thanks to the Catholic Church.
Mr.Lincoln

Con

Catholic's and Christians have the same values, the same God. Catholic's are are a belif in God, Christianity is a belief in God. I do not understand why you think that Catholicism and Christianity are not the same thing. When I die, my sins are forgiven. My sins decide whether I go to Heaven or Hell. If I am a bad through out my entire life, I go to hell. If I was a somewhat good my life, I go to heaven. My sins are forgiven through Confession. It is bascially God forgiving you for what wrong you have done in your life. You should know this.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Binding Contract:
I, God, do hereby swear by the blood of my Son, Jesus, to overlook all of your violations of my Holy Law (sin) and grant you full pardon and entrance into eternal life by the resurrection of my Son from the dead if you will agree to the following terms:

1) You must acknowledge that you are the one who deserved to die and my Son did not deserve to die.
2) You must believe that I love you so much that I died in your place in the form of Jesus Christ my Son, and you must believe that I raised Him from the dead and can do the same for you.
3) You must ask me to accept you on these terms, asking for my mercy to forgive you and believe that I am willing to forgive you. You must receive my Son, Jesus, as your Saviour by asking me in His name to save you.
This contract is written by me in the blood of my Son whom I gave to be the satisfaction for payment for your sins against me. If you honestly agree to the terms and will receive my Son as your Saviour, Sign here-->
Mr.Lincoln

Con

You have totally gone of course of what this debate is about. My opponent says in the comments that I deserve to die and burn in hell because I stated that the King James Bible is not the real bible. He said I should die because I stated a FACT. Catholicism is Christian because of similar values.
Posted by bigtown 2 years ago
bigtown
I think you're wrong, sorryyou'rewrong

you had a repeating sequence of '22' in your Pi example. Is your computer working correctly?
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
The Pope is nothing more than a sinner worthy of nothing more than the fire of Hell. Sorry. The Pope is not the "Vicar of Christ" no matter who says he is. The Pope is an elected official of a fraudulent organization which pretends to be christian and enslaves it's followers in ritualism and idol worship.
Posted by sorry_youre_wrong 2 years ago
sorry_youre_wrong
Wouldn't that be awesome and amazing? If we had such a book, and if Mount Sinai had actually moved, then there would be no questions about Jesus. We would all believe that he is God. How could we not? Imagine what such a book would say on the following pages. A book like that, I am sure, would leave all of us in awe.
Why would Jesus not do that? God, supposedly, has already written a book called the Bible. And God, supposedly, has already done all sorts of things according to that book. God, supposedly, parted the Red Sea, carved the Ten Commandments into stone, went to the trouble to incarnate himself, etc. So why not have Jesus write a book, and leave behind real, tangible evidence for all of us to see?

For any normal, rational person, the reason is obvious -- God is imaginary. We would not believe that anyone today is God without concrete proof. Jesus doesn't get a pass because he lived 2,000 years ago. Jesus, if he existed at all, was a human being just like you and me. All of the stories in the Bible are just that -- stories.
Posted by sorry_youre_wrong 2 years ago
sorry_youre_wrong
My name is Jesus, and I am God. I know there are a lot of people out there who will doubt that I am God, so let me start off by proving it to you. Take a look at Mount Sinai. Everyone knows that, until today, Mount Sinai stood near here. It is the mountain where God, my father, gave Moses the Ten Commandments.
Mount Sinai vanished this morning, and what was left in its place was a perfectly smooth, polished stone base measuring four miles square. Hundreds of years from now, people will find that Mount Sinai landed near a place that will be called Newark, New Jersey. When scientists dig into the mountain, they will find that the bottom of the mountain is also completely smooth and polished, and that the bottom of the mountain in New Jersey perfectly matches the polished plain nearby. Scientists will be able to align the mountain and the plain, looking at it rock crystal by rock crystal at a microscopic level. I have said many times that, if you have faith, you can move mountains. I moved Mount Sinai to show how easy it is, and to prove that I am God.

I know that that may not be enough, so let me offer a second proof. If you draw a circle, you know that there is distance across the circle. Let us call it the diameter of the circle. There is also a distance around the outside of the circle. Let us call it the circumference. If you divide the circumference by the diameter, you get another number. Let us call it Pi, and its first 6 digits are 3.14159. Pi is an irrational number. It is a number that is made up of an infinite number of non-repeating digits.

There will come a day when machines called computers will calculate billions of digits of Pi. If you calculate Pi out to the millionth trillionth digit, here is what you will find:

9823456451237823492278583495083498745....
Posted by sorry_youre_wrong 2 years ago
sorry_youre_wrong
It is as simple as that. If someone claimed to be God today, you would never believe it if the evidence consisted of faith healing and magic tricks. Never. Yet billions of people claim that Jesus' faith healing and magic tricks prove that he is God.
Let's imagine that Jesus truly is God. What might he have done to prove it? He could have started by taking one of his most famous quotes from the Bible and acting on it. In Matthew 17:20 Jesus says quite clearly:
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. To prove that he is God, Jesus would have moved a mountain. Especially since it is so easy. And Jesus would have written something down to explain himself. Here's what the first page of Jesus' book might have looked like:
Posted by sorry_youre_wrong 2 years ago
sorry_youre_wrong
1.Everyone has seen all sorts of "faith healers" who can "heal" the sick. And we all know that this sort of "healing" is quackery. If it were true, then we would not need doctors, hospitals or prescription medicines.

2.Turning water into wine... Doesn't that sound like something that a B-grade David-Copperfield-wannabe magician would do in a nightclub act? There are a dozen ways that you could stage things to make it look like water is turning into wine. There is no reason why a normal person would accept a magic trick as proof that someone is God.

3.Neither of these miracles can be scientifically tested today. Not one of Jesus' miracles left any tangible evidence for scientists to study.
Posted by sorry_youre_wrong 2 years ago
sorry_youre_wrong
If someone were to come to you today and say, "I am God!", what would you do? Yes, you would immediately ask for proof. Of course you would. And you would not want goofy proof.You would want real, solid, tangible proof.

No normal person, and I mean no one, would accept anything less than rock solid proof from a person who claims to be God.

Why should it be any different with Jesus? Jesus was a man who claims to be God. If he is God, then he ought to be able to prove it in a real, inimitable way. If he cannot prove it then, quite clearly, he is not God.

A Christian would say, "But Jesus HAS proven it! Just look at all of the miracles he did in the Bible! He healed the sick! He changed water into wine! That PROVES that Jesus is the Lord!" Does that make sense to you? Imagine that someone, today, were to come up to you and say, "I am God, and I will prove that I am God by healing the sick and turning water into wine!" What would you say? Be honest. You would not believe this person because:
Posted by Mr.Lincoln 2 years ago
Mr.Lincoln
I'm sorry, but the Pope is not a fraud
LifeMeansGodIsGood
it's not true, the Pope is a fraud, sorry.
Posted by Mr.Lincoln 2 years ago
Mr.Lincoln
I don't know if that is true...
Vote Placed by Vexorator 2 years ago
Vexorator
LifeMeansGodIsGoodMr.LincolnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Definition of Christianity: the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices. Catholics believe in Jesus, everything that Jesus said, and that he is the son of god, etc. Too easy for Con.
Vote Placed by Lightningstar 2 years ago
Lightningstar
LifeMeansGodIsGoodMr.LincolnTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm sorry but con refused to even acknowledge pros arguments.
Vote Placed by medv4380 2 years ago
medv4380
LifeMeansGodIsGoodMr.LincolnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con. Pro jumped the shark with his "binding contract", and threats in the comments. S&G goes to Con because of Pro's use of ,, and ....... those are not proper for English. Pro failed to even present an argument with a supported fact from the KJV Bible. Pro also claimed that the Hare Krishna were a branch of Christianity too which was false(They're Hindu with Christian traditions mixed in), but basically a concession that Catholicism is a branch of Christianity. Sources go to no one because no one cited a single piece of the KJV Bible it was limited too. Mathew 16:18 would have been a good start.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
LifeMeansGodIsGoodMr.LincolnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Christianity is belief in God. Catholics believe.