Cats are better than dogs for pets

Started: 12/26/2013 Category: Funny

The title is pretty self explanatory. I hope I don't get a debate nazi asking me for a bunch of rules for this debate. (:

First round is just for acceptance

Second round is for your aguement

This will be quite difficult to squeeze all my arguments into 1 round. Nevertheless, I accept and wish good luck to my opponent. I would also like to point out that I experienced such a debate before, and that because of the title, I do not need to prove that dogs are better than cats for pets, but that they are equal. However, I can also debate that dogs are better than cats for pets as well.

Thank you for accepting this debate!

Reasons why cats make better pets than dogs.

Low maintenance vs. High maintenance
-The independent behavior of a cat trumps the dependent behavior of a dog. All dogs generally need high maintenance by their owner. Dogs need to be taken out to the bathroom on a leash. Especially if it is raining or the weather is bad you wouldn't want to take the dog out. Cats don't need to be walked. Cats on the other hand will only need to be let out the door. Unless if it is an indoor cat, they'll need a litter box but they can help them selves to that at any time they need too. Also you need to sometimes wake up to let your dog out in the middle of the night, which is a pain if you want a full nights rest.
-Dogs need to be cleaned by the owner. A dog smells if not cleaned and if it is a long haired dog it will need to be brushed. Cats clean them selves with their tongue, so baths aren't necessary.

-The behavior of a dog is nothing compared to a cat. When a guest arrives the dog wont treat the guest politely. The dog will bark and bark! Maybe even jump on the guest, scratching at their legs until ripped off by someone. Cats will just sit there calmly or maybe even come out to be petted, but never the cat will jump or hump the leg of the new arrival.
Dogs at the dinner table are sure to beg, crying and staring. If you look away the dog might even run away with your meal! Cats wont do this. I've never met a cat that begs at the dinner table.
- The loudest cat is quieter than any dog. Dogs will bark at the dumbest things. To a knock at the door, to foot steps or even just seeing you unexpectedly. Cats keep their voices to them selves. They might have the occasional hiss or meow but it wont be enough to annoy someone.

The bonus that comes with a cat.

-Cats are natural hunters, if a mouse/rodent enters the house the cat will surely try to catch it, like an exterminator. Cats also catch bugs. Lets say a moth enters the house. The cat will be spending all of its time to eat the moth. Which is a good thing! because who would want bugs in the house anyways?

- It isn't hard to entertain a cat. All you need is a laser pointer and you can have fun all you want! If the cat doesn't like laser pointers than you can use other alternatives, like a piece of string.
Dogs don't take care of their toys. They constantly rip balls or other toys apart in the first few days. Or sometimes even in minutes!
-Cats can be funny at anytime, sometimes you'll see a cat in a box and pop out quickly. Sometimes you might see a cat use its agility and jump from place to place.

-Nothing beats the cats purr. When a cat cuddles up and purrs it is showing that it is very happy.
-Dogs just lick when excited and it gets really gross since you don't know where the dogs mouth has been.

My opponent was right. I should've made more rounds so I could post more awesome reasons :)

urapai forfeited this round.
Posted by FluffBucket 2 years ago
This is completely opinionated. Which pet is better;that's impossible to prove, but since I am a dog person, I'm with Con.