Yraelz
solo

Cats are the greatest animal known to man.

Yraelz

Pro

Let me start this debate with a definition.

Cat: Any of several carnivores of the family Felidae, as the lion, tiger, leopard or jaguar, etc.

This of course also includes your common domestic cat.

Animal: any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.

So here are my points.

1. Cats have the naturally quickest creature known to man. The cheetah.
2. Cats have the ability to roar which is simply amazing. Who watching this debate does not wish they could roar their displeasure when unhappy? Forget slamming down the phone or stomping your foot, "ROARG!!!!".
3. Many species can kill people with a single fell swoop. How many species out their can easily kill a tiger? Even humans have trouble finding them with our advanced technology.
4. Cats are intelligent.

"Cats learn by trial and error, observation and imitation.[2][3][4][5][6][7] Cats' learning abilities are aided by their good memory,[8][9][10][11][12][13][14] recalling certain information much longer than dogs, and longer than monkeys and orangutans.[15] In one study, it was found that cats possess visual memory ability comparable to that of monkeys.[16] " - Wiki (Cat intelligence)

5. Cats think for themselves. They are independent and their own being.

"Cats are traditionally hard or impossible to train as circus animals. While this is usually true, they may, however, exhibit learned behaviours which humans find endearing. Almost all these behaviours will have some direct advantage to the cat, and they will indulge in them because they want to, as opposed to, say, a dog, which may perform a trick solely because it is requested to and wants to merely please its master, whom dog likely considers the pack leader." Wiki (Cat intelligence)

6. They are evolving. They can think on their feet (this is an expression).

"Cats that are accustomed to being let outside, or that want to get into their home, may learn to open windows and doors. They are capable of learning different routes for entry and exit; for instance a cat might find the window in its owner's kitchen easier to open to exit the house, but to get in, they might have to use the screen door in the backyard. Also, they may learn to open cupboard doors to get to food. Cats' paws are not as effective at manipulation as human hands, due to lack of an opposable thumb, but they can for instance learn to operate door LEVER handles by pulling them down, even though gripping the handle is difficult for cat paws.

Some polydactyl cats have extra digits with a degree of opposability, which allow them to manipulate objects far more effectively." - Wiki (Cat intelligence)

7. The end all argument. They are cuddly and cute. While some cats would eat you if you tried to pet them many (such as the domestic house cat) are cuddly and cute. Anyone who has had a cat can attest to such? What animal is more cuddly or cute than a baby kitten? Here is a quick list of baby animals not as cute for various reasons.

Bird - Makes annoying sounds. Poops a lot in inopportune places at times.
Dog - Takes a while to become house trained. Goes to the bathroom when you try to cuddle with it, at times on you. Learns to bark quickly.
Hamster and other such animals - So boring...... sleep.... and sleep. Run on wheel.
.......
Bear - Occasionally eats people, this is considered annoying. Sometimes mommy bear eats people who steal baby bear to try to cuddle with it. Research points to this being unfavorable....

I stand open for a contender!
solo

Con

Thanks for creating this truly incredible and thought provoking debate, Yraelz. Best of luck to you!

Your claim is a matter of opinion. One could just as easily say that that ant is the greatest animal, as it is able to lift more than ten times its body weight. Or perhaps the dog because it is the most loyal and protective companion. Or the gold fish because it can change its size based on environment, it requires little maintenance and does not drown when kept under water (like the cat). Elephants can trumpet far louder than any lion, so maybe it is the greatest animal known to man.

For the sake of argument, I will say that MAN is the greatest animal known to man, as they too are classified as Animalia. (I might've gone with primates, but I like a challenge.)

I will now address your points as they are numbered.

Point 1: The cheetah does not travel more quickly than a human that is skydiving vertically from an aircraft, so obviously man is the quickest and fastest in that respect.

Point 2: Humans can roar even louder than a lion through a megaphone, but that's not as impressive as communicating through speech. Humans do not even have to raise their voices to express great outrage, which I find to be superior to the roar.

Point 3: Humans can catch tigers with great success, as there are many in captivity all over the globe. A tiger may be able to kill many creatures with one fell swoop, but a human need only squeeze a trigger, which requires hardly any movement at all, to put down his prey.

Point 4: Humans are more intelligent that cats, as we retain and recall more memories and information. We can even record information. Cats cannot.

Point 5: Humans thinks for themselves and actually have cats as their dependents. You state that cats are independent, but that is not true for those cats that rely on humans to take care of them. How many humans rely on cats for care? Perhaps there are some seeing-eye cats somewhere of which I am unaware.

Point 6: Humans are evolving too and are in fact more highly evolved than cats.

Point 7: Human babies are the cutest animals ever and they stay cuter for much longer. They progressively learn and adapt and become cuter through their development. Far cuter than kittens!

Cats are not the greatest animals known to man because man knows himself to be the greatest.
Yraelz

Pro

Nice, I will address your first argument and then move onto the point by point argument.

"Your claim is a matter of opinion."

>>Ah yes, but is not all debate simply a matter of opinion. You telling me that it is a matter of opinion does not discredit my opinion or oppose the facts I have offered you to support it.

"For the sake of argument, I will say that MAN is the greatest animal known to man, as they too are classified as Animalia. (I might've gone with primates, but I like a challenge.)"

>>I almost went with this definition, "any such living thing other than a human being." but then decided it would be interesting if you chose to argue the human being. Irony =)

Onto the point:

1. "The cheetah does not travel more quickly than a human that is skydiving vertically"

>>Ah but the Cheetah skydiving vertically from an airplane will travel just as fast as the human. Not to mention the cheetah skydiving will be able to roar rather loud and let innocent being below know that it is going to crash onto them momentarily. This will give the innocent beings time to clear themselves of the landing pad, thus the cheetah will inevitably save more lives. I would also like the point out that the cheetah in all situation will overall average a quicker speed than that of the human. (Average between skydiving and running = cheetah wins)

2. "Humans can roar even louder than a lion through a megaphone, but that's not as impressive as communicating through speech. Humans do not even have to raise their voices to express great outrage, which I find to be superior to the roar."

>>Ah but then it is not the human roaring is it? It would be the microphone amplifying that is beating the lion and no longer the human. Through alien devices unknown to man the lion can roar 100x louder than anything ever heard. However once again it would not really be the lion doing the work, it would be the alien device. Thus we must consider how well man can roar by himself as compared to the cheetah.

You also say that humans do not have to raise their voices to express outrage. Yet neither does the lion. The lion can growl, hiss, or just skip the noise all together and kill something with its claws to express outrage.

3. "A tiger may be able to kill many creatures with one fell swoop, but a human need only squeeze a trigger, which requires hardly any movement at all, to put down his prey."

>>Ah but once again is it really the human killing with a squeeze of the trigger. Rather isn't it a human squeezing a trigger and a gun that is killing. A tiger equipped with a flame thrower will be able to kill thousands of people by simply running through downtown New York. This however cannot be attributed to the tiger as it is really no the tiger killing people. A tiger and a human in a 1 on 1 fight naturally will lean "slightly" in the tigers favor.

4. "Humans are more intelligent that cats, as we retain and recall more memories and information. We can even record information. Cats cannot."

>>Oh really? I challenge you to prove your claim!

"The brain size of the average cat is 5 centimeters in length and 30 grams. Since the average cat is 60 cm long and 3.3 kg,[1] the brain makes up one twelfth of its full length, and 1/110 of its weight. Thus, the average cat's brain accounts for 0.9% of its total body weight, compared to 2% of total body weight in the average human. Ultimately, however, there is no conclusive proof of correlation between brain mass and intelligence[citation needed]. The surface area of a cat's cerebral cortex is approximately 83 cm�. The modern human cerebral cortex is about 2500 cm�.[1]" p Wiki (Cat intelligence)

I say there is no conclusive evidence and that also cats can record information. They can draw pictures if need be.

Also even if you do manage to convince me that Cats are less intelligent it has no bearing as I was simply proving cats to be intelligent. We as humans don't look at other humans of lesser intelligence and call them lesser; we may look at humans with no intelligence and call them lesser. There are many factors that require something to be great, having an intelligence of some form is only one of them.

5. "Humans thinks for themselves and actually have cats as their dependents. You state that cats are independent, but that is not true for those cats that rely on humans to take care of them. How many humans rely on cats for care? Perhaps there are some seeing-eye cats somewhere of which I am unaware."

>>Ah but only a portion of cats are "dependent" on humans. It was no fault of the cats that humans took a few of their kind, it was a fault of humans thinking cats were greater than themselves. Look back to ancient Egypt where they adored the cat and built statues to it. Plus you say they are dependent but in all reality a cat can leave very easily and become and alley cat. It is because the cat is so intelligent that it stays and uses humans. We pet, adore, feed, water, and worship cats. Perhaps humans are the dependent race?

6. "Humans are evolving too and are in fact more highly evolved than cats."

>>Have any proof on this one? You can argue me that humans are obviously the most highly evolved because of all of our technology. However I find myself back on the same point as my last speech. The cats are using us for our technology and we are blindly letting them. Humans have even made things explicitly for cats (cat food, vets) have any races made things explicitly for humans? Naa, cats are definitely getting the better end of this deal, they are so highly evolved that they exploit us without us even noticing it.

7. "Human babies are the cutest animals ever and they stay cuter for much longer. They progressively learn and adapt and become cuter through their development. Far cuter than kittens!"

>> Alas you are lead astray by the adult world. For yes, while it is true that the adult world thinks that babies are indeed cute the baby world does not find their peers to be cute. However both the adult and the baby world find kittens to be cute. Not only this but baby humans find kittens to be far more fascinating than another baby. Baby kittens can be chased and never caught thus increasing their appeal. Baby kittens can make sounds a baby cannot imitate. Baby kittens are fury, and that is indeed exciting. Baby kittens become adult kittens which are scared of babies and exhibit all the same qualities and thus are still cute.

8. A new point. Cats are graceful, incredibly efficient at conserving energy.

Now lets quickly look at the down sides of humans.

1. Humans start wars and kill people, environment, animals, which includes cats. Can cats be blamed for killing nearly as many as humans have? Plus, how often does a cat kill for a reason besides to eat?

2. Humans crowd out others environments with their fancy cities. Cats coexist, a truly noble idea.

3. Humans always try to portray themselves as best, as evidence by my opponent, cats just let it hang. They are like the cool hippies you always wish your parents had been. This makes them better.

Finally onto my opponents last point:

"Cats are not the greatest animals known to man because man knows himself to be the greatest."

>> Ah but humans do not even know themselves, humans are always in a quest to gain more knowledge about who they are and how they interact with the world. Here is a quote from one of the greatest men of all time:

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." -Socrates

If even Socrates knew nothing except for his own ignorance how can you claim that man knows himself/herself to be greatest. He/she is ignorant of the truth.
solo

Con

<<>>Ah but the Cheetah skydiving vertically from an airplane will travel just as fast as the human.>>

This is doubtful as cats only jump vertically over short distances. If you drop a cat from any given heighth, they remain vertical without any inclination to exercise a nose-dive fall.

<>

Man, having invented the cell phone and structured speech, will simply call someone on the ground to organize an audience to view his aerial escapades. No one will be in danger and there will even be an emergency response team on standby, which wouldn't be the case with a cheetah.

<>

Until the cheetah attacks every single person that it can. It is a wild animal.

<>

You are wrong. "In all situation" man will average the quicker speed than that of the cat. The average between skydiving and running and driving a man-made car = man wins. A cheetah cannot drive and therefore would ruin its average by sitting in a parked car.

<<>>Ah but then it is not the human roaring is it? It would be the microphone amplifying that is beating the lion and no longer the human. Through alien devices unknown to man the lion can roar 100x louder than anything ever heard. However once again it would not really be the lion doing the work, it would be the alien device. Thus we must consider how well man can roar by himself as compared to the cheetah.>>

Earth's champion of technology is man. So if a man-made invention assists the argument for what constitutes the greatest animal known to man, then achievements must also be factored into this debate. As for the device made by aliens to amplify the lion roar -- that is an achievement that clearly gets attributed to the aliens and not the cats.

<<>>Ah but once again is it really the human killing with a squeeze of the trigger. Rather isn't it a human squeezing a trigger and a gun that is killing. A tiger equipped with a flame thrower will be able to kill thousands of people by simply running through downtown New York. This however cannot be attributed to the tiger as it is really no the tiger killing people. A tiger and a human in a 1 on 1 fight naturally will lean "slightly" in the tigers favor.>>

A tiger cannot use a flame thrower, as it is unable to do so. Also, a flame thrower is a man-made invention. A tiger could never construct such a weapon. In a one-on-one fight, a human with his choice of man-made invention/weapon could easily kill a tiger with its choice of tiger-made inventions (which obviously do not exist).

<<>>Oh really? I challenge you to prove your claim!>>

As you've proven yours? With infomation (without links) to a website with information that can be changed at will? I will accept common knowledge from Wikipedia, but never scientific information, as the source data is too easy to manipulate.

<>

I've never seen a cat draw any pictures. I doubt any of the voters have seen a cat do a police sketch to aid in the aprehension of a criminal, as that is something only man can do. (HA!)

<>

I do, and so do many others. It may not be politically correct, but some of us do it. But even those of the human race that are lesser than the rest are still greater than cats.

<>

I agree.

<>

Yes, so what technological advances have cats, themselves, made to the world? What great works of literature have cats produced? What startling discovers have cats made that have changed the face of the planet? None, none and none.

<<>>Ah but only a portion of cats are "dependent" on humans. It was no fault of the cats that humans took a few of their kind, it was a fault of humans thinking cats were greater than themselves. Look back to ancient Egypt where they adored the cat and built statues to it. Plus you say they are dependent but in all reality a cat can leave very easily and become and alley cat. It is because the cat is so intelligent that it stays and uses humans. We pet, adore, feed, water, and worship cats. Perhaps humans are the dependent race?>>

This does not include so many of the cats that get lit on fire or tortured in some other fashion. This also does not include the thousands of cats that get destroyed every year, as a result of being unwanted. No, humans are not the dependent race. They are the executioners when the cats' numbers grow out of proportion. No animal controls man's population, so man is clearly the greatest animal on Earth.

<<>>Have any proof on this one? You can argue me that humans are obviously the most highly evolved because of all of our technology. However I find myself back on the same point as my last speech. The cats are using us for our technology and we are blindly letting them.>>

No, we are using them for companionship and when the need for them expires, so do the cats.

<>

Of course not, because man is the greatest. Man breeds animals for foods. We allow life to be born for the sole purpose of eating that life.

<>

Cats are a hobby. A distraction to the monotony of life. That is all.

<< ...the baby world does not find their peers to be cute.>>

Kittens do not find other kittens to be cute either.

As for the rest of your kitten argument, (sorry - I'm running out of space) babies are equally curious of puppies, and puppies seek out any attention, so does this make puppies better than kittens in this respect, as they're inclined to engage a baby?

<>

Humans are graceful (like in ballet), and incredibly efficient at conserving energy (as we are able to manufacture batteries and power plants).

<>

Exactly, so how can you say that man is a slave to something it hunts?

<>

No, which is also what makes us the greatest animals, as we are not only the most gentle, but also the most dangerous.

<>

I've seen many cats torture their prey for hours before they eat it. Hunger wasn't on its mind as the prey died slowly and painfully.

<>

Cats are territorial and fight because of this often.

With your point about cats being like cool hippy parents that are laid back, that would be like me saying that I am the greatest human on the planet because I, too, am laid back. This is not a proof.

<>

To strive for self-betterment is what leads to greatness, which is why man is the greatest animal known to himself.
Yraelz

Pro

Alrighty then. I will be going point by point and then offering a conclusion.

I will be paraphrasing my opponents points.

1).

Point: Cats are quick.

Opponent: Skydiving humans move quicker than Cheetah's because it is doubtful a cheetah would attempt to nose dive while skydiving. Also humans can drive cars which should be attributed to them as humans invented cars.

Myself: You concede the skydiving debate to me by saying "it is doubtful" thus there is still a chance that a cheetah will nose dive while skydiving thus succeeding in being just as fast as man. On your car point you are wrong. Humans did not create the car Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot did. Humans cannot take credit for one genius's invention. You are arguing for mankind as a whole here not the genius's of mankind. As I am arguing for cats as a whole not genius cats.

Note: My opponent also says humans will call ahead and tell people they are coming down but unfortunately speaking on a cell phone will not work with 120 miles per hour of wind rushing by. Honestly has anyone tried talking on their cell phone while sticking their head outside the window on the interstate? Thus your point falls. P.S the cat roaring will give everybody time to run away and not be eaten.

2).

Point: Cats can roar, this is amazing.

Opponent: Humans can use a microphone = more amazing.

Myself: Once again you are trying to take a genius's invention and attribute it to humans in general. Thomas Edison created the microphone we know today not humans in general. Notice the resolution states "cats greatest animal known to man" thus you are looking for a species to counter this not 3 genius's to disprove my points.

Cats still roar, its amazing.

3).

Point: Cats can kill things easily.

Opponent: Humans can shoot things with guns = better/easier.

Myself: Yet again you attempt to steal one mans invention and attribute it to mankind in general. Roger Bacon is credited with having created gun powder and the first in fire arms. We must let Bacon keep his invention. A cat vs a man in general would result in the cat winning most of the time.

4).

Point: Cats are intelligent.

Opponent: Humans are more intelligent (round 1) to I will not trust your data (round 2)

Myself: I spend round 2 giving you information that shows there to be no conclusive studies between brain mass and intelligence in order to disprove your round 1 point. You simply discredit me by saying that my source is bad, yet you offer no counter evidence at any point. So as it stands I have offered you more evidence, thus at the very least we must discredit your point that humans are more intelligent. One way or another however this still leaves me with my point "cats are intelligent" in tact. As they are.

Also you say cats have never created a great invention or added anything to this earth. Once again I must point out that humans as a whole have not invented great things or added to this earth. In fact I would be willing to bet more humans have destroyed great things than have created great things. Thus on an average humans destroy which makes the cat better because it does nothing.

However! Cats can communicate to each other and this is where their greatness comes in. It is more than possible that when they lie around all day they spend that time thinking/discussing philosophical thoughts among their species. Cats have just become so advanced that they see nothing worth it in this world but philosophy and dedicate almost all time to such

5).

Point: Cats are independent creatures.

Opponent: Cats are dependent on humans. We see them as a hobby and can get rid of them at any point. Look to all the times cats have been burned or destroyed.

Myself: It is a sick human indeed that burns a cat, a low, sad, degraded human being. Once again we are not talking about sick humans but humans in general. However for your indulgence look back to my point where I said the Egyptians, a great society, worshiped cats. This proves that cats are indeed great, for one of the greatest cultures ever worshiped them. The sick degraded humans burn cats out of jealousy and resentment for the cat using them. You also say:

"No, we are using them for companionship and when the need for them expires, so do the cats."

The second part of this sentence is wrong as I have proved that the cat can leave and become an alley cat if it so chooses. The first part however proves my point. We are dependent on cats for companionship. Cats on the other hand simply use us for food, water, shelter, petting, worship. Comforts of living that they do not need from us, as they can become an alley cat, but take from us because they are great. You attempt to justify by saying humans are actually the great ones because we feed animals to eat them yet you are only pointing out how the cats are exploiting our own system. Truly great.

6).

Point: Cats are evolving and can think on their feet.

Opponent: Humans are more evolved look to our technology.

Myself: In my second speech I answered my opponent by saying the cat uses us for our technology they are more evolved. My opponent counters by saying we could get rid of the cat at anytime but this is simply not true. Look to the large number of stray cats. Yes humans have enslaved some cats but this is certainly not all or even a majority. The majority of domestic cats live comfortably exploiting humans technology every day. Of course large cats don't have the same benefit but this brings us back to my third point. The reason large cats don't have this benefit is because they can easily kill anything they want. Thus humans are afraid and avoid them.

7).

Point: Kittens are cute and cuddly

Opponent: You answer me by saying that baby humans are even more cute and then when I point out the flaw in your logic (being only adult humans find babies cute while adult humans and baby humans find kittens cute) you respond with: "Kittens do not find other kittens to be cute either."

Myself: However your point is at the very least unprovable. Secondly the point gets you nowhere as I have still proved from your logic that humans (as whole, not some subset) think cats are more cute thus my point stands. Also you never argue cuddly so I win on that as well.

Furthermore you state puppies as a counter advocacy. This falls however when we cross apply my argument from my second speech stating that cats are the end-all most amazing animal to babies because they cannot be caught and humans love chasing things. The puppy is easily caught and therefor is not as interesting. Even if you could somehow prove puppies to be more cute and cuddly cats still have the other 6 benefits over any puppies.

Random points:

1.My opponent also tries to prove humans more graceful by saying ballerinas are but cats as a whole are still more graceful.

2. My opponent also concedes to the drawbacks of humans, while attempting to twist them to show how humans are greater than cats. Above 7 points disprove.

Preemptive strike!:

In my opponents last speech he is going to attempt to convince you that he can go with all the genius inventions however I would like to draw note to his advocacy in round 1:

"For the sake of argument, I will say that MAN is the greatest animal known to man"

notice he said MAN here and not "genius men" therefor you as a voter must go with MAN in general. The average man. The average man did not invent all these great things, it was geniuses who did such. There have been a select few men who have done great things, but so many more who have done horrible. Thus on average man has done horrible things. The average man. The average man gets owned by the average cat.

Note: My opponent changing his advocacy in his last round where I have no chance to rebuttal is extremely unfair to me and he should be voted against.
solo

Con

<<1). Point: Cats are quick.

Myself: You concede the skydiving debate to me by saying "it is doubtful" thus there is still a chance that a cheetah will nose dive while skydiving thus succeeding in being just as fast as man. On your car point you are wrong. Humans did not create the car Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot did. Humans cannot take credit for one genius's invention. You are arguing for mankind as a whole here not the genius's of mankind. As I am arguing for cats as a whole not genius cats.>>

Humans are also heavier than cheetahs, so they will fall at a faster rate, so it seems your cheetah loses again. Was Cugnot a cheetah or a man? A man. Ignoring the fact that he created the car, let us still use the car in a race to test quickness. Man will still win the race because cats cannot even start the car (even polydactyl cats cannot accomplish this feat). So your argument still fails, as the cheetah cannot win averaged racing times.

<>

You misunderstood. The caller would be inside the quiet plane when making the call, then he would jump.

<>

No, it wouldn't, as cats do not announce themselves when they're about to pounce on unsuspecting prey.

<>

I could just as easily change this argument to primates, but I'm confident that people will see that you attribute an invention to a genius, but the manufacturers and common everyday users of such an inventions as a habit owned by the species.

<>

Bacon did (questionably) invent the gun, but it is man who has mastered the gun and uses it every single day, so the gun is then an invention that (a) man created and now uses regularly. It is an item that has been claimed by the species of man and mankind recognizes this as his invention.

<>

This was never in dispute. I was saying humans are smarter and therefore the greatest animal.

<>

Your attribution of invention to individual is official invalid for the remainder of this debate, as I've already stated how you are wrong in this matter.

<>

LOL! Talking cats? Telepathic cats? Give me a break! There is cuteness and intelligence, but humans have more than cats, which is why man is the greatest.

<>

So when cats lick their sphincters, what do you suggest is being discussed? Philosophy? HA! I don't think so.

<>

That specific society has fallen, so their feline gods were obviously not as great as you make them out to be.

<>

If cats were not destroyed regularly by animal shelters, I'd be inclined to agree, but as that is not the case, I am right and you are most definitely wrong.

<>

Cats do not put any deliberation on whether they serve as our hobbies/companions or not. Are you saying that cats in zoos have pulled off a strategic plan by pretending to struggle against capture? Of course not. They are captives put on display for our own personal amusement.

<>

Cats cannot read, talk, type out thoughts, so they obviously aren't intentionally using us for our technology. Especially when many cats attempt to escape from their human captors all the time. They are our companions by force in these cases; not our betters.

<>

Again, you are wrong. We destroy unwanted cats daily and when we catch strays, we kill them too, if no one wants to adopt them.

<>

I don't ever avoid large cats. I love seeing them in their cages at the zoo.

<<......humans (as whole, not some subset) think cats are more cute thus my point stands. Also you never argue cuddly so I win on that as well.>>

No, you lose because human babies are more cute and cuddly than kittens.

<>

In your opinion, but that does not make it so for everyone.

<<1.My opponent also tries to prove humans more graceful by saying ballerinas are but cats as a whole are still more graceful.>>

Since when is grace a deciding factor of greatness? It is not, and this is a matter of opinion.

<>

It's absurd not to include genius inventions when you are comparing one species to another in matters of greatness. When making such comparisons it goes without saying that you use the best of each species to determine "greatness".

<>

Notice how my opponent fears defeat in this debate and is trying to alter the perameters of the debate in his favor. Are you going to fall for this trick?

<>

My opponent made no mention either way of citing man's inventions in his argument in Round Two after I introduced them in Round ONE. He is now trying to use the deceitful tactic of not being able to respond as a means to lock you into voting for him. Underhanded indeed. He saw that defeat was inevitable in Round One.
Posted by solo 8 years ago
solo
The example in the debate did not take place in a vacuum, so I suppose the physicists would be in agreement with me. Thank you very much.
Posted by Mogget 8 years ago
Mogget
Solo and Kleptin, respond to this post.
Posted by PublicForumG-d 9 years ago
PublicForumG-d
This is a total crap topic :D
Posted by emoErin78 9 years ago
emoErin78
I am doing a report on why cats are better than dogs and this article really helped me out. Thank you for your great points, to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
@solo

In a vacuum, where air wouldn't slow things down. A lead ball weighing 1kg would fall at the same rate as a lead ball weighing 100kg.

Feathers and crumpled paper balls bring air resistance into the equation. We're only focused on mass. Hence, I, along with every single physicist in the world, am right.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
I agree with L-M. Also, I thought you had a pretty awesome Round Two, so...
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
Hehe, did you ever vote on my minority language debate Solo? I am losing it, have any input?
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
Here's a link to update you on your physics, as upward air resistance was not covered:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:fAju9Bee7tYJ:www.physicsclassroom.com/mmedia/newtlaws/efar.html+physics+falls+faster&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
So feathers and crumpled balls of paper fall as fast as stones of greater weight? You're wrong. Also, you're wrong about your tragic parachute analogy, as it wouldn't occur to the cat to angle himself vertically to reduce the amount of resistance in order to gain speed. I thought you would've known this, but I guess not.
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
Hehe, thats why I said I was angry at the point below. =)
Vote Placed by moeinc 7 years ago
moeinc
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by Crust89 8 years ago
Crust89
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by solo 8 years ago
solo
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by WeaponE 9 years ago
WeaponE
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by THEmanlyDEBATER3 9 years ago
THEmanlyDEBATER3
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
YraelzsoloTied
Vote Placed by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
YraelzsoloTied