Cat_Lover
RiskTaker

Cats vs Dogs

RiskTaker

Cat_Lover

Pro

I will be taking the cats side of this debate.

I will be providing evidence that cats are better than dogs, as con will be providing evidence for dogs and against my evidence.

First round is for acceptance.

Good luck to my opponent!
RiskTaker

Con

As a fan of felines myself I will enjoy debating this.
Cat_Lover

Pro

Cats are better than dogs for the following reasons:

1. Cats dig a hole to go to pee or poop. Or they can go in a litter box.

2. Cats aren't as jumpy as dogs, they usually like to chill out on the couch or on te porch, while dogs like to run around.

3. Cats can be tree dwellers or bush dweller, while dogs are always on the ground.

I await my opponents arguments.
RiskTaker

Con

Number 2 is a lie, cats just as prone to anxiety issues as dogs are.

http://www.petmd.com...

When a cat gets stuck in a tree, you call the fire brigade to rescue them. I don't know what the hell you are referring to.

If you are referring to leopards and wild cats let's begin analysing the hunting strategies of wolves and I will display you to sophistication level of the canine. If you are going to use leopards, I have every right to use wolves as they are in the same family of animals, and there are no known behaviour of wolves that cannot also be found in domesticated dog species. (http://yamnuskawolfdogsanctuary.com...)

Wolves make tree-hugging leopards look like the pu$$ies they are.

Wolves have a hierarchy, a code of conduct and a way of life. Leopards have a tree...

The only Cat that comes close to the level of sophistication of canines is the lion. Lions, however, are only one species of dog. Put a bunch of dogs together and an entire hierarchy and society will form immediately, cats will just scratch and bite until the most vicious one is left their on its own and the others stupidly cower in the corner when they don't realise they can gang up on the stronger one via team work (dogs often do this).

Good luck on your rebuttal, you'll need it.

On another note, whilst it's true to say that cats are more independent as pets, they will never amount to the level of training that dogs such as blind dogs or circus-trained dogs are. Cats are intellectually inferior to dogs and emotionally less intuitive too.
Cat_Lover

Pro

Jeez dude, don't have to be so offensive.

I'm not talking about leopards, I'm talking about the typical domesticated house cat.

Cats are not as jumpy as dogs! Cats like to chill out!

Cats are great animals, studies have shown that when you pet a cat, your body releases chemicals which can relieve stress and possibly make you live longer.

Cats are smarter than dogs, dogs get hit more often and they bite more than cats, so cats are better to have around small children.

"On another note, whilst it's true to say that cats are more independent as pets, they will never amount to the level of training that dogs such as blind dogs or circus-trained dogs are. "
My cat has been trained to attack animals and get my newspaper.
Next time don't be so offensive, theres no need for that.

RiskTaker

Con

"Cats are not as jumpy as dogs! Cats like to chill out!"

This is a lie founded upon subjective opinion. I already gave evidence, in a link in round 2, that cats are prone to phobias and get severe separation anxiety when the owner leaves them, just as much as dogs.

"Cats are great animals, studies have shown that when you pet a cat, your body releases chemicals which can relieve stress and possibly make you live longer."Cats are great animals, studies have shown that when you pet a cat, your body releases chemicals which can relieve stress and possibly make you live longer.

This is also true for humans that own dogs. Dog owners get more exercise just by taking their dog out for a walk. The American Heart Association says that 54 percent of dog owners are likely to get the recommended amount of exercise for good health. All this exercise lowers cardiovascular risks and cholesterol levels, making pet owners more healthy and more likely to live longer lives. Dogs can help you stay socially connected, which is vitally important for people who are at risk of social isolation. Walking with a dog often leads to more conversations and more connections with people. The National Institute of Health states that people who have more social contact and more friends live longer and are unlikely to decline as quickly as those who do not.
(http://dogcare.dailypuppy.com...)
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk...)

"Cats are smarter than dogs, dogs get hit more often and they bite more than cats, so cats are better to have around small children."

What on earth does getting hit more often have to do with dogs? That sounds like it's to do with abusive owners taking advantage of such an empathetic creature. Animal abuse is disgusting and not relevant to this debate. There is no evidence that dogs fight more frequently than cats do, only that when they do fight that they fight with more brutality if they were raised that way. That's actually an advantage as people can train guard dogs to attack intruders whilst they can't train their cats to do the same.
(http://www.cesarsway.com...)

"My cat has been trained to attack animals and get my newspaper."
That's one cat and it most likely did the newspaper thing on its own accord rather than you having taught it. the toilet trick is an old-school trick of training the cat to use a litter box strategically placed on the seat of the toilet. It doesn't come anywhere near to the level of blind dog, or police dog, training.
(http://www.wikihow.com...)
(http://en.wikipedia.org...)
(http://en.wikipedia.org...)
Posted by Cat_Lover 2 years ago
Cat_Lover
Well, risktaker's account has been closed.
Posted by ScrinTech 2 years ago
ScrinTech
Nvm
Posted by ScrinTech 2 years ago
ScrinTech
@Sources?
Posted by Cat_Lover 2 years ago
Cat_Lover
Common sense
Posted by RiskTaker 2 years ago
RiskTaker
Where are your stats to back this up?
Posted by Cat_Lover 2 years ago
Cat_Lover
When I said dogs get hit more often, I meant by cars...
Posted by zthomas2017 2 years ago
zthomas2017
this is a first grade argument
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Cat_LoverRiskTakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- CON dude, it's a debate but chill. You can get your point across without being hostile (though it is more likely to get views.) Try not to use profanities during your debate though (e.g. pu$$ies) Arguments- CON FTW! Cat_Lover was too vague and did not back up his contentions with proper sources or evidence. Sources- I want to give RiskTaker sources since Cat_Lover's source didn't really have anything to do with his debate but I'll let it slide since he did include a source with information.
Vote Placed by WheezySquash8 2 years ago
WheezySquash8
Cat_LoverRiskTakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con cited more sources.
Vote Placed by Dakota-Hiltzman 2 years ago
Dakota-Hiltzman
Cat_LoverRiskTakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was a jerk, but he made his point. Pro, don't make the debate out to be an empirical one if you don't provide any sources yourself.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 2 years ago
MrJosh
Cat_LoverRiskTakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: It seemed to me that PRO was looking for a good-nurtured, laid-back debate. If this is true, it should have been stated. CON addressed PRO's points and supported his positions.
Vote Placed by Dennybug 2 years ago
Dennybug
Cat_LoverRiskTakerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sources go to Con, in my opinion he did better overall.