Cats vs Dogs

Started: 1/9/2015 Category: Funny

As Pro I will be taking the Position that cats are better than Doges :D, Con will argue Dogs are better than Cats, no profanities, and all that other stuff, GOOD LUCK KERI!!!

as con i will think dogs are better and plus you picked the perfect one cause i think dogs are better. GOOD LUCK HANSPETE

HEY DER!!!! Sooo, we have one of my favorite topics to debate. So Cats simply are better than dogs.

Contention 1: Cats are unplugged lap warmers.
Cats provide tons and tons of body heat that just warm up your laps when they come and sits on it. This makes for a happier you and me, cause they get the warmth from our genetals and in turn warm up our tummies!!! (3 degrees warmer than the rest of the body).

Contention 2: Cats don't lick your face annoyingly
Cats when happy don't lick your face and slobber all over you, dogs do. This is annoying. It is, yes, sweet, but none the less annoying.

Contention 3: Cats don't jump up and knock your over
My dog Rosie is notorious for jumping on my mom and knocking her over, it is funny because my mom is so short, but not when it happens to me. She is a dangerous weapon against humanity!!!!! D:

Contention 4: Cats purring is reassuring
The feeling of a cat snuggled against your chest purring is one of the most reassuring things there is.

Thats my first argument, keep em simple please I don't have the brain power to do that this weekend, finals and all!! :D

dogs are better because you can let them out and they come right back and you can train them to be nice and have good behavior and cats are most likely to tare up furniture

To respond to your argument that dogs are better because they go out and come right back, yes true, but they are not better, with a cat you don't have to worry about them chasing cars or running off and dragging back animals parts. Dogs are just as likely to tear up furniture, and do more damage when they end up tearing it quicker with more "shrapnel" left than by cats. Extend all my other arguments and Thanks for a good debate!

cats can get out and not come back for weeks and cats can have mood swings, one minute they can be sweet and the next they can be mean. cats can hide from you and can make you think that there gone. and cats can break your blinds and drapes/curtains.
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Obviously stated above.
Vote Placed by Hylian_3000 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Both had good conduct. S&G: Although minor, Con had punctuation and capitalization issues. Arguments: Pro had lots of arguments, while Con only had 2. Pro disproved Con's point about cats not coming back to you effectively, and since that was really Con's only point, Pro wins arguments. Sources: Neither utilized sources.