chloeistephens
Mopi

Celebrities influence people and this is effecting the leisure industry and how people look.

chloeistephens

Pro

I think that celebrities have a good and a bad influence on people. For example role models such as Miley Cyrus are a bad influence whereas celebrities like David Beckham is a good role model. Celebrities how the power to influence how a person looks, acts and what they do. As a result this is having an effect on the leisure industry. What do you think? Are celebrities having an effect on the leisure industry and influencing people? Why is this?
Mopi

Con

I accept your challenge, but first as it is a debate and not an opinion place, I will be going against this. The topic is very ambiguous as the leisure industry consists on many sectors. maybe next time you can make it more heavy.

1) You cannot classify any actor as they're endorsing different brands for money, you can only criticise someone when they officially preach something wrong. But at the end of the day its about the person, whether they choose to follow what they say, its up to oneself to judge what's right and what's wrong. Going by what someone else says is us being fools.

2) Celebrities definitely have an influence on people. But its us choosing to take the good influence and leave the bad influence.

Looking to see you justify yourself. :)
chloeistephens

Pro

chloeistephens forfeited this round.
Mopi

Con

Seeing as due to unfortunate circumstances, you were forced to forfeit. But its fine, I'll will proceed with a few more arguments and hope you are able to justify yourself. :D

See, its true on the influence that celebrities play, not let me take an example of Emma Watson who recently gave an amazing speech in the United Nations on gender quality. So by this point I am trying to state they "do influence people", but influence doesn't necesesarily mean that it has to affect something. Just an influence. I know you might not this is a big deal but in a debate it all about the statement and I'm adhering by it.

Having not much to say, I hope you make a statement. :D
chloeistephens

Pro

chloeistephens forfeited this round.
Mopi

Con

Mopi forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
They cannot affect anyone unless they let them.I am not effected by any liberalism coming from there. For one thing as soon as an actor or actress voices a liberal view, I stop watching any thing they are on.I will not support them or there views.But that is just me.
Posted by blackkid 3 years ago
blackkid
"Leisure Industry" is too vague.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Welcome to the site... This topic may be best for the forums, as it seems you are trying to gather other opinions (which in a debate you can only get a single other opinion), rather than trying to prove it.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Affect.