dodgersfan110293
Aravengeance

Celebrities should not go to College

Aravengeance

dodgersfan110293

Con

Celebrities should not go to college because they have a lot a money. Regular People go to college to make a lot of money
Aravengeance

Pro

1st I would like to thank my opponent for this debate and wish him good luck. Also shouldn't you be pro since you're supporting the fact that Celebrities should not go to college, which is the title.
Anyways, let me why celebrities SHOULD go to college.

1.Money
My opponent said that celebrities should not go to college because they have money. With that, I'm assuming he means that celebrities should not go to college because they basically have enough money to live the rest of their life. Some celebrities are able to live off the rest of their life with their fame money but some cannot. Celebrities' careers in music industries,acting, etc might not always last so they went bankrupt like these celebrities:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

By going to college, celebrities can study whatever they find interesting such as math,geology,medical stuff, etc. If they do these things, they will have a back-up plan for the rest of their life just in case their "celebrity" career goes wrong, so they won't go bankrupt.

2.Education
Some celebrities actually want to learn things. It would not be fair if celebrities who actually want to learn were not allowed to go to college while regular people who are not very interested in learning are allowed to go.
Also it would be good for the celebrities to be educated at a college level because there are tons of celebrities that society does not respect because of their stupidity and idiocy such as the members of Jersey Shore & Nicki Minaj. By going to college, celebrities would learn so many things and become intelligent, making them respected by society for not being a typical airhead simply with fame.
Cole & Dylan Sprouse (actors and stars of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and The Suite Life on Deck) are two perfect examples for this argument. These two are very well respected and are actually interested in other things besides acting. Cole is focusing on the humanities of archaeology while Dylan is focusing on game design. Like I said in the 1st argument, since Cole & Dylan are focusing on other things as well, they have a back-up plan just in case their celebrity career goes bad.

3.College will improve their career.
Celebrities should go to college because there are subjects that would actually help their celebrity career such as music. If a singer went to college and studied music then surely their career would get a lot better as they would know what do now or what to do better. There is also drama,fine/studio arts, and film & television production which could definitely help an actor's career rise.

4.Good Role Models
Most people look up to a certain celebrity and when you look up to someone, you usually want to follow in their footsteps. If celebrities go to college, their admirers will think college is a good thing since if they favorite celebrity did it, then it must be cool. By thinking college is cool now, they will most likely go to college to follow their role model's footsteps a.k.a their favorite celebrity's footsteps making celebrities good role models and society a better place with more kids/teens interested in college.

5.Fame can be too much
As stated in the 1st & 2nd argument, celebrities should go to college because if their celebrity career goes wrong, they will have something to fall back on. What does this have to do with "Fame can be too much" you may ask? Well let me tell you.
There are a lot of celebrities who have a horrible life now or went through a horrible phase in their life such as Miley Cyrus, Amanda Bynes, Britney Spears, & Macaulay Culkin. Now why do they have a horrible life now or why did they go through a horrible phase in their life? Because of one word, Fame. Fame got to them. They were pressured too much by society and the media. These celebrities were being asked for too much, the media & society had high expectations for them expecting them to be really good singers,actors,etc. The only things the celebrities knew what to do were the things they're famous for like singing and acting so they had no choice but to try and live up to their expectations. They tried, they tried, and they tried but eventually they broke. They still have tons of fame since fame means being known by lots of people but their celebrity careers are pretty much dead. I'm not sure if these celebrities went to college or not, but the point is they should've found a career that interested them in college to fall back on just in case their career went wrong and since it did, now they have nothing to fall back on. If they HAD picked a career, then they could've gave up their celebrity career, stop trying to live up to the expectations of the media & society, & try to live a normal life where all that is expected from them is happiness and enough money to live off their life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
dodgersfan110293

Con

Some celebrities might not handle the pressure of college, Some Celebrities might have money to for their career assuming they don't screw up like Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan and many more celebrities
Aravengeance

Pro

If the celebrity can't handle college, then he/she can drop out if he/she wants to. I'm only saying that if a celebrity WANTS to go to college and can handle it, let them go so what if they have money already, might as well be as secure as you can.
I don't completely understand your 2nd sentence but I'm going to assume that you mean that celebrities have enough money to do their other career like how I was talking about doing medical things,math, etc.
Even if they have enough money to use for their non-celebrity career then they should still go to college because by spending money on it, it shows that you're dedicated and really want to do it and don't people always want to be really good at what they do?
So like I've said by going to college, they can improve their knowledge in a certain area and make their non-celebrity career even better. Basically, I'm saying that if the celebrity is going to do their non-celebrity career then they should go to college because college can make them better at that career.
dodgersfan110293

Con

dodgersfan110293 forfeited this round.
Aravengeance

Pro

I hope my opponent is ok.
Extend all arguments.
Posted by Aravengeance 3 years ago
Aravengeance
I know it's by choice, I'm saying that celebrities who WANT to go to college should go.
Posted by hanna0012 3 years ago
hanna0012
Going to college is a matter of choice anyway. Celebrities are very lucky people for the most part. If they decide to go to college it is really up to them. Some have the money and really how in the world are they going to earn as much money with a college degree as they do with acting?. Going to college is a career it takes a lot of time and dedication. Some well most dont care about college because they will never earn as much money with a college degree. I would probably take a few classes if i was a celebrity and i earned good money but i wouldnt make college a career.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
dodgersfan110293AravengeanceTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
dodgersfan110293AravengeanceTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.