bddowner
jofo101

Cell Phone Use in Schools

bddowner

Pro

I am posting this debate for a school project. I have been given the task of creating an argument for allowing school children to bring cell phones and technology to schools, in short, a bring your own technology policy. What I would like to know is, what do you think? What are your reasons? Please do not accept this debate if you do not mean to actually defend your cause with facts and sources.
-Thank You
jofo101

Con

Alright, I will debate that "bring your own technology" is ineffective in schools.
bddowner

Pro

bddowner forfeited this round.
jofo101

Con

As a student who attends a "BYOT" school, I can attest to the fact that bring such devices do not enrich a learning environment as it is painted. I find myself and my classmates looking at our technology more so than not. And instead of paying attention to what is being taught, we are watching a Youtube video. "BYOT" favors those who have devices, and does a disservice to those who do not. Not only can they not participate in group work because they do not have a device, they must sit idly by and watch others enjoy what is theirs. While I am sure that "BYOT" does help some people in school, for the majority of people it serves as either a distraction or a self-esteem depressant.
bddowner

Pro

bddowner forfeited this round.
jofo101

Con

jofo101 forfeited this round.