Queen_Guidette
jmo377

Cell phone use while driving

Con Tied Pro
Started: 2/1/2010 Category: Technology

Queen_Guidette

Con

How comfortable would you feel if you were being operated on by a dentist and he answers a call at the same time he's supposed to be concentrating on your operation? You have no control over his decision to use his phone, even though you are aware that his choice to multitask is a risky one. Every second of every minute in every day, many people are on the road driving. Each time a person gets behind the wheel, their life is at risk. Driving risks range from bad weather conditions to drunk drivers. With all of the uncontrollable events that could cause people harm while driving, no more should be added to the list. Unfortunately, more drivers are creating dangerous situations for others. Whether it's talking on the phone or texting while driving, these decisions are costing people their lives.1. Talking on the phone while driving causes the driver to lose concentration on the road. 2. Texting while driving is also extremely distracting and decreases the driver's control over the vehicle. 3. Although some states are beginning to realize the seriousness of this dangerous behavior, Ohio has yet to do so. Talking on a cell-phone and texting while driving should be banned in Ohio.
jmo377

Pro

Ok, I agree with you on somethings you said about cell phone banning, but not everything. First of all I don't think Ohio is the only state that should make it illegal. Also I do think texting while driving is bad, but talking on your cell phone really isn't that bad. I believe cell phone use should have an age limit set to it instead. Maybe like making it illegal for anyone under 18 to drive and use their cell phones. Plus, their are other distractions while driving a vehicle besides a cell phone. One is eating in driving, which if you ask me is the same as texting. Also playing with the radio is another distraction. This doesn't mention a person having to worry about other distractions, but also other distractions like people talking in your car. Cell phone use isn't even the major cause of crashes. According to one website, "Cell phone use contributes to 6% of crashes."(1) Cell phone distractions are getting up in the charts though for top accident causes though. Still drunk driving is a somewhat big issue. It is illegal to drink while driving, but do people still do it? So will banning cell phone use really help this problem or not is the question. Thanks for your argument, but I hope you take in consideration some of the things I said in this argument.

(1)http://www.safetynewsalert.com...
Queen_Guidette

Con

Queen_Guidette forfeited this round.
jmo377

Pro

jmo377 forfeited this round.
Queen_Guidette

Con

Queen_Guidette forfeited this round.
jmo377

Pro

jmo377 forfeited this round.
Posted by Ore_Ele 4 years ago
Ore_Ele
Arrg, I wish I got this one.
Vote Placed by jmo377 4 years ago
jmo377
Queen_Guidettejmo377Tied