Cell phones allowed in school

Cell phones should be allowed in school.

Lets do it! Before we start, can you answer some of my questions? Thanks!

- What specific age group are we talking about?
- Would the cell phones be used during class? Would they be kept in lockers?
- What is your honest opinion on this subject? Do you have any experience with debating?
- Who are you to tell others if they can have their phones in school?
- Have you ever gotten a school to change their minds on this subject? Have you ever convinced a school to let kids use phones during class?
- What is your point of even debating this?
- Do you have any credibility? Can you make a difference regarding this subject?

Thanks. Good luck! May the best debater win!

- The age group is middle school to high school.
- Cell phones would be used during class. Students would have the option of keeping them in lockers or having their phones with them.
- I have done many debates, who are you to ask me such a thing? I have much experience. Why do you think you are so much better than I?
- I am no one to tell others what to do, I just wanted to know other people's thoughts. No need to get defensive.
- I have never talked to a school about this issue. It is not that important to me.
- My point is that I would like to know other people's opinions!
- I can do whatever I would like. How about you? What's YOUR credibility?

How about you state your argument? We only have two rounds to get our points across. Go ahead, you go first.

my_opinion_is forfeited this round.

randomm forfeited this round.

my_opinion_is forfeited this round.
Posted by mimigirl4 2 years ago
there is no reason for schools to not allow cellphones. cellphones are a way for kids to communicate with there parents if an emergency happens
Posted by WhoWouldnt 2 years ago
is it just me or did this escalate quickly? Pro, I think Con was just trying to get an understanding of your background and to understand the specifics of what you're actually debating. I don't think she meant anything personal by it (i.e. trying to attack your credentials,

Friendly suggestions:
-try not to read emotion into typed words by your opponent - it just gets messy
-unless your opponent is typing all caps or is blatantly calling you an idiot (or something similar), assume they are not being rude

Let me be clear, I'm not trying to say anything bad about either debater. From an outside perspective "my_opinion_is" didn't seem to be trying get under your skin or say anything negative.