ege1358
handywandy

Censorship is ethical in internet when only the immoral or unethical content removed.

Started: 5/14/2013 Category: Technology

ege1358

Pro

I think that censorship is not wrong when only the immoral content will deleted or censored because when the censorship in Internet doesn't exists,the crime in Internet like social engineering(1),drug trafficking(2) or cyber terrorism(2) will increase.
handywandy

Con

My opponent's claim is that "Censorship is ethical in [the] internet when only the immoral or unethical content [is] removed", therefore his BOP is that he must prove that censorship is acceptable as long as the content removed is immoral.

My opponent used three examples in his R1 argument ("drug trafficking, cyber terrorism, and social engineering"), all of which are illegal. Yes, they are also obviously immoral, but many other things are legal yet immoral. My opponent's argument is the same as saying "People should be arrested if they commit a crime. If they aren't, then crime will increase"

Pornography, for example, many people (including myself) believe to be immoral. I am not a supporter of pornography, however, due to the First Amendment, the creators of pornography have the right to express themselves however they so choose, as long as all parties being filmed are of legal age.

The simple fact in this argument is that while disappointing in some situations, the First Amendment to the Constitution provides all citizens with freedom of speech. The government has no right to censor what some people deem to be "immoral" or "unethical", as long as they are legal.
ege1358

Pro

ege1358 forfeited this round.
handywandy

Con

Since my opponent forfeited the last round, I'm not sure what to say other than restating that the government censoring all immoral or unethical content is simply impossible and in most cases unconstitutional.
ege1358

Pro

ege1358 forfeited this round.
handywandy

Con

vote con as pro has apparently left the debate...
Posted by unalyigit 3 years ago
unalyigit
OK, I changed my mind :D Pro can win too.
Posted by unalyigit 3 years ago
unalyigit
Con will win this debate! Pro has got no chance, he will lose. Nobody can deny my comment. My comment is more ethical than the censorship :D