debaterman123
Roboman1723

Censorship (mainly the internet)

Started: 4/24/2015 Category: Technology

debaterman123

Pro

Imagine a world without censorship. Little boys and girls are learning about drugs middle school boys looking up nudes and high schoolers buying drugs off the internet. That is what the world is without censorship, sure we might think that censorship is bad but we all know that deep down we need censorship, the world is not the best place but it could be even worse without censorship. I myself thank the government for that and that only, I mean process this through your head, humans are stubborn and don"t easily change their thoughts but after reading what I have to say it will give you a better understanding of what censorship really does for you and without it we would be very different people.
Roboman1723

Con

Since the points you're making are quite odd, I'm going to retort with a thought.

I completely agree with you that little kids should not be exposed to things we deem "unsavory". But that's just it, what does it mean to be unsavory? Every parent has a different definition and tolerance of what level of content they're going to allow their kids to watch and as such, content filtering should boil down to the parental unit to allow and disallowed what is watchable for their children and not leave it up to some agency to broad stroke their definition of "unsavory".

Furthermore, many actions have already been put into place for parents to limit what their children have access too. Modern internet browsers have content filters, TV shows have rating and can be blocked by parental controls. The controls are there, it's just whether the parents are willing to learn to use these controls.
debaterman123

Pro

debaterman123 forfeited this round.
Roboman1723

Con

Roboman1723 forfeited this round.
debaterman123

Pro

Roboman1723

Con

Roboman1723 forfeited this round.
debaterman123

Pro

debaterman123 forfeited this round.
Roboman1723

Con

Roboman1723 forfeited this round.
Posted by Forthelulz 1 year ago
Forthelulz
Oh come on. Kids would learn about that stuff anyway.
Posted by Kozu 1 year ago
Kozu
"Imagine a world without censorship. Little boys and girls are learning about drugs middle school boys looking up nudes and high schoolers buying drugs off the internet. That is what the world is without censorship"

So?
Posted by ApathyWalrus 1 year ago
ApathyWalrus
What are your rules for this debate? Can you define the appropriate terms?
Posted by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
Also, is this concerning the concept of censorship or government censoring things?
Posted by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
"middle school boys looking up nudes"
1. Do you think that this doesn't happen?
2. Do you think only boys will look up porn?
Posted by Genghis_Khan 1 year ago
Genghis_Khan
No thanks.... I'm in too many debates already.
Maybe in a week or so.