jp_porwisz10
AustDebates

Censorship

jp_porwisz10

Con

Round 1: Opening statements Round 2: Facts/Argument Round 3: Closing statements. I look forward to this debate. Good luck
AustDebates

Pro

Censorship is a very useful and necassary tool to hide any sort of media-related content from those who don't want to (or shouldn't) see it. Without censorship, children would be scarred or influenced in bad ways, the general public would be offended often, and there would be an endless amount of commercials with naked women. For these reasons, I believe censorship is very beneficial to society.
jp_porwisz10

Con

The persons work is what he/she intended it to be, and you should know what your children can or can't watch. Censorship is at times an annoying thing.
AustDebates

Pro

I completely agree with Con. Censorship is at times a very annoying and frustrating thing. But that doesn't mean it isn't necassary.

Censorship is a very broad topic. Censorship exists in TV, the internet, movies, advertising, you name it. Yeah, sure, it can be annoying for some people; but imagine this.

You're walking down the street with your kids and your significant other, in the downtown area where you live. As you're walking you see ads for everything from Ben & Jerry's to Axe Body Spray. But then, you see an ad for some lingerie company, featuring a female model completely topless.

Not what you wanted your kids to see, right?

The city didn't use censorship to take down the ad, and the photographer's work is what they intended it to be, right?

Without censorship, everything from cussing to nudity can be seen anywhere; and in any medium. Everyone sees some form of censored medium on a daily basis.

Censorship is the reason that your children don't see model's breasts on a daily basis, and I guaruntee they'd see worse than that without censorhsip.
jp_porwisz10

Con

Commercials can not show nudity. As I said in the previous round, censorship is sometimes stupid. I agree that children should be protected, but why don't they just watch apprpropriate channels? Parents know what they are doing. In closing, I don't think censorship is unessacery, I just think it needs to be changed.

Thank you for the argument, you were good
AustDebates

Pro

Not all parents know what they're doing. When a parent is irresponsible, or they leave the room for a second and the kid flips the channel, the Television Network does what the parent doesn't. They censor it, so little Timmy doesn't learn a curse word he shouldn't.

As I said earlier, censorship is a very broad topic, and you seem to be focusing very narrowly on the television aspect of it. For example, my example earlier talked about lack of censorship on a billboard.

Thank you for the debate, and the interesting topic of argument.
Posted by Curci 2 years ago
Curci
jp, I worked very hard on my marijuana debate, and for you to just votebomb it for no reason is very disrespectful. Please modify it or edit it.
Posted by TL_the_consetvative 2 years ago
TL_the_consetvative
I personally think that children should be introduced to things at a more early age so they are not shocked that the world is not as Disney portrays it.