Tlanextli
BlackFlags

Central and South America's Indigenous people should have the same benefits as U.S Native Americans

Tlanextli

Pro

Before I start I want to tell you all that there are only four races: White, Black, Asian, and Native American..... As an indigenous person of The Americas I believe that us, the South American Natives Should be allowed to have the same benefits as U.S Natives. To be specific, I am a Mexican Indigenous person. My argument is very complex so let's start with the Politics involved in my argument: Today in the media people believe that all Mexicans belong to a Pan-Ethnic group labeled "Hispanics". Now, as people living in the United States or an English speaking country you might be familiar with the term "Hispanic". When one thinks of a "Hispanic" or "Latino" You imagine a brown person with distinguished facial features and characteristics very different from a White or Black Person, while slightly resembling an Asian person. However, "Hispanic" is a term that was given to the White people in Europe living in the Country of Spain. And "Latino" derives from the word "Latin" which... again ... is a term given to the white people who spoke the Latin language. And if you don't know, The Spanish Language is a language that comes from Latin.. In a similar way that English comes from other European languages such as Anglo-Saxon and German. By now you're probably wondering to yourself why you would think of a brown person who looks nothing like The White man whenever you think of the word "Hispanic" . Well, today people misuse the term Hispanic to represent a Pan-Ethnic group that has nothing to do with race. But the stereotypical hispanic looks like how I told you, That's why there are Black Hispanics White Hispanics ( From Spain ) Asian hispanics........... AND NATIVE AMERICAN HISPANICS. Wait !! ... Wait... Here comes the History: ... I hope you were all taught that the first Native Americans crossed the Bering Bridge connecting from Asia to The Americas ( Hence why Native Americans have similar features ). Those people are a common ancestry to all Indigenous people belonging to the Americas,and they are known to history as Paleo Indians. These people migrated from the tip of Canada to the Bottom of Argentina. This simple fact, folks, demonstrates that all the Indigenous people from all those countries are related if not the same. Native Americans didn't stay in the chunk of land now known as the United States, but in ancient times we moved all across the continent. Denying the fact that the indigenous people south or north relative to the United States are Native Americans is as ridiculous as saying that "All White European people that are not born in Germany are not white people". In History we know that the people who colonized the Americas were the Spanish, English, French, and Portuguese. The English people killed off the Native Americans populating the U.S, thats why when you Search up on google "Native Americans" only old black and white pictures are shown of them... ( On a side note different names were given by each of the invaders to us. I simply decided to call my people The Indigenous people of the Americas so that people wouldn't get confused. The English People called us "Native Americans" The French called us "First Nation people", And the Spanish call us "Indigenas". Even though these names represent the same people such as Asians and Orientals, since The English killed us off in the U.S on google "Native Americans" are shown in black and white photography only. But if you search up "Indigena" you will see Native Americans from Mexico and other """"Latino"""" countries in color, since we are still alive and well in numbers https://en.wikipedia.org... )
BlackFlags

Con

Just going to share first that I am going a different direction. Native Americans of any sort should not have entitlements ;)
Tlanextli

Pro

Tlanextli forfeited this round.
BlackFlags

Con

BlackFlags forfeited this round.
Tlanextli

Pro

Tlanextli forfeited this round.
BlackFlags

Con

BlackFlags forfeited this round.