PericIes
SlipknotAstronaut

Cereal Should be Poured into the Bowl Before the Milk

PericIes

PericIes

Pro

In the course of human events, and, in fact, all events, whether human in nature or not, it becomes evident that, under careful and meticulous contemplation, most things are subjective when it comes right down to it. One color cannot be objectively better than another color, humans cannot adjudicate regarding the definite moral standing of another person, etc. However, in spite of all of this, there remain a certain number of immanent truths. Various religious orders, philosophies and the like may come to mind, as, when speaking of an absolute code of right and wrong, dogmatic theists (and even atheists) are naturally brought to mind with the foremost subconscious priority.
Right and wrong, though, is not what we are discussing here. We are discussing correct and incorrect. My opponent will likely want to bring up the argument that "people have the freedom to their own opinion, they can eat cereal in any manner that they choose as long as it doesn't hurt anyone" and other such nonsense. Any such digression, I warn you, should be labelled as irrelevant by the collective consciousness of you, the voters, the ostensible high court of this virtual ekklesiasterion.
Morality is not the issue here. Cereal was meant to be poured in before the milk, just as there had to be an Earth for rain to occur on before rain could occur at all. The fact that rain falls on the already present Earth is not right or wrong from a moral standpoint. No, when speaking of morality, it simply is. It is, however, correct, by virtue of the fact that this is the way it was meant to be; this is the natural order of things. So it is with cereal and milk. Cereal was meant to be poured before milk.
If cereal is poured after milk, the cereal and milk don't mix properly and you are left with a floating layer of dry cereal and unflavored, dull milk. Tell me, what is the point of putting the two substances in a situation that clearly dictates that they be mixed if you don't mix them properly?
Furthermore, when cereal is poured after milk, you have to be careful about how much milk you put in, because the cereal will float on top and, more often than not, you will end up with an overabundance of milk. To achieve the perfect balance of milk and cereal could be considered an art form and requires many breakfasts of training. Surely the inventors of cereal didn't intend for breakfast to be an extra chemistry class.
Cereals have even been designed to be poured before milk (well, all cereal has been, but I am talking out of the ordinary). Lucky Charms, for example, used to have (and may still have, I'm not sure) cool little marshmallows that changed shape or color when they sat in milk for a long time, in addition to turning the milk green. Given that the cereal and milk don't mix properly when the cereal is poured after the milk, thereby denying the desired effect, it is incorrect to eat Lucky Charms if they are poured after the milk. This is but one example of multiple such cases.
Lastly, I would like to perform an experiment with the voters and readers of this debate. I would like you to Google image search "pouring bowl of cereal." Count to yourselves how many of the pictures that show either milk or cereal being poured into a bowl, in which the other is already present, show milk being poured first and how many show cereal being poured first.
SlipknotAstronaut

Con

PericIes

Pro

Well, um, I didn't challenge you specifically, so... I don't really see the need to point out that you accept. Given that I already put forth an argument and spared you the pointless social niceties, I would think it was common sense to, you know, do the same. Apparently not. Unless you're just trying to use up your first part of the argument, forcing me to use my next one, so that you'd have the final word and be the end all be all of the debate and leave me without the option of rebuttal and only one body of argument. If that's the case, you could have at least been more clever about it. I am rather new here, though, so if it's customary to needlessly accept nonexistent targeted challenges, I withdraw the above confused semi-rant.
SlipknotAstronaut

Con

SlipknotAstronaut forfeited this round.
Posted by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
What you did there. I see it.
Posted by Nuzlocke4 1 year ago
Nuzlocke4
SlipknotAstronaut put up quite the fight, if I don't say so myself.
Posted by 400spartans 1 year ago
400spartans
NEXT DEBATE:

Milk Should be Poured into the Teacup After the Milk
Posted by Reeseroni 1 year ago
Reeseroni
Mind=Blown
Vote Placed by scots 1 year ago
scots
PericIesSlipknotAstronautTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeiture and con never posted any arguments
Vote Placed by Mikal 1 year ago
Mikal
PericIesSlipknotAstronautTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 1 year ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
PericIesSlipknotAstronautTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Pro posted any arguments at all. Conduct to Pro for Con's forfeit.