Certificates are more important than hands-on experience to prove a person's self-worth.

I think hands-on experience are more important than what is printed on certificates in the long-run to prove a person's self-worth.

A friendly greeting towards my opponent and I hope we will have a honorary

I welcome my fellow opponent I believe that certificates are more important than hands -on experience to prove a person's self-worth. Self-worth is the sense of one"s own value or worth as a person. In modern day presence is not required as much and you curriculum vitae tells it all. Do you think that an unqualified person could be brought in for an interview just because they stated that they have hands on experience in that field?

A certificate is a document that states different achievements that you have made in different things. It is an honorary document received when you have performed an honorary job with that said, don"t you think that it is in your interest to rearrange your statement. Why would one receive a certificate indicating an achievement but that is not considered as proving your self- worth? My fellow opponent, I believe your statement is just a blatant lie.

Hands on experience may be considered as a way of proving your reliability and a way of proving your dedication but the other elements of self-worth all come in having that piece of paper stated in your CV.

I must say I am very interested in your reply.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I agree to your point that an unqualified person could never be called in for an interview and it is strictly based on the Curriculum Vitae but however, as stated in the Oxford dictionary, "self-worth" is defined as "self-esteem" and I don't think self esteem could be built up in a short period. Therefore, in my opinion I think a certificate indicate an achievement but does not prove one's self-worth and my statement was not a blatant lie.

I don't think self-worth could be proven in a piece of paper as it is something that needs to be experienced at the point in time, also can be seen in

I fully think that in the long-run, self-worth could only be proven through experience than just a piece of paper. A piece of paper may just be a stepping-stone, and it is unable to prove one's self-worth.

I hand over to you.

Thank you for your reply there.
Just a pointer there, quoting from a source does not prove much. Even worse the source you quoted from is a source where any individual can give their opinion and that might not be proven, so next time you decide to quote double check your opinion.
The piece of paper you speak of shows that a person has received an honorary achievement and has been recognised for doing so. Don"t you think that without having self-esteem one could have done such? No. Having that certificate does not only represent an achievement but also tells something about your character. In modern day you would not find individuals with certificates but ones claiming to have hands on experience in that field. About 65% of them have been said to be university dropouts thus proving that a certificate is a much better way of showing self-worth.
Not everyone can survive studying for a period of time so by having a certificate proving that you are a graduate actually shows that you have much pride in yourself and have a high self-esteem. Hands on experience is just a now thing but having learnt something for a lengthy period is something one shall keep with them for the rest of their life.

Yes, you are right about the source that individuals can give their own opinion and that it might not be proven, but if you re-read my statement, the meaning of "self-worth" that was defined as "self-esteem" that was double-quoted by me was actually not sourced from 'wikihow', but it was sourced from the "Oxford" dictionary, and I doubt that individuals could give their opinion nor change the meaning.

One could have self-esteem to get an honorary achievement, but it is only short-term. When I say self-worth, I am talking about in the long-run. I don't think the duration of one's study (perhaps a few years) could entirely build one's self-worth for the rest of their life compared to a life-long hands-on experience with the real-life situation where a person experiences real-life situations and gain knowledge on their own.

Looking back at your statement, as I mentioned earlier, yes, certificates do prove one's achievement and acts as a stepping stone but I don't think it proves self-worth in any way. It doesn't mean that one has high self-esteem because as we know, certificates nowadays might not necessarily be a good grading system as an individual might just be plainly mugging or memorizing just to pass and get high grades. In addition, there are many bogus certificates nowadays which could be obtained easily and not necessarily any cert proves a good graduate. If you were an employer and you have an option of hiring two individuals, one with a certificate and no experience, the other with a certificate and experience. Which one will you hire? Let us talk about the teaching profession as an example.

I disagree to your point about certificates prove that one has learned something for a lengthy period and will stay with them for the rest of their life as I think in life, we never stop learning and learning is not only a matter of a few years and hands-on experience will keep a person learning throughout their entire life. Learning for a few years to get a certificate does not prove anyone's self-worth. Self-worth has to be built slowly, it is not a one-off thing. Are you saying that hands-on experience will not stay with an individual for a life-time? To me, experience last for a lifetime as it is specified and experienced on your own,thus, it is individualized.

mindsetter forfeited this round.