Moistcabbage
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Challenge me

Moistcabbage

Moistcabbage

Pro

Come up with an absolutely absurd subject and let's debate about it. ( it may help to be completely insane ). I've allowed an extra round for you to tell me what we will be debating. I have chosen pro, but you may change this if need be.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Con

Ok. Seeing as you asked for ANY subject then this, I will do. Resolved: The pro team will forfeit all of the rounds. You are the pro team. Have fun!
Moistcabbage

Pro

You are the con party. Your initial argument is that I will forfeit all rounds. Being con this means you believe I will NOT forfeit all rounds. Meaning if I forfeit all rounds you lose. I hereby forfeit all rounds using this round not to debate, but to point out what you have done only, thereby not adding any new information or making an argument. In other words I have not debated this round. Again I hereby forfeit all rounds, including this one, wich I have only used to state the obvious and declare my forfeit. Thank you.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Con

The resolution was not if you will debate all rounds, but if you will, indeed, forfeit all rounds. Seeing as you responded using a round, you have lost and I have won.
Moistcabbage

Pro

I thank my opponent for his insight, I forfeit this round and look forward to the next.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Con

My opponent has spoke, once again, and failed to forfeit the round. This means that he even more goes against the resolution and this round also flows to me. Thanks, and I look forward to the next round.
Moistcabbage

Pro

Just me, declaring yet another forfeit. Thankyou con for your insight.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Con

That fact that he attempts to show he is forfeiting is to try and win, by forfeiting. Trying to win would be debating. Since he has been debating, he has not been forfeiting, therefore I win again.
Posted by Moistcabbage 7 years ago
Moistcabbage
That's not the comment I was refering to.
Posted by Mr_Jack_Nixon 7 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
The scores dictated that I LITERALLY lost. From that an understood should could logically be derived. Hence, I [should] win. Or more appropriately [should have]. I was pointing out the fact you were a hypocrite in the fact that you also misread my post while chastising me for doing the same.
Posted by Moistcabbage 7 years ago
Moistcabbage
"You have not forfeited all of the rounds, therefore I win."

you said "I win"

Read the comments in order.
Posted by Mr_Jack_Nixon 7 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
I didn't say I was correct. I said you were incorrect. Pay attention to my comments before correcting them.
Posted by Moistcabbage 7 years ago
Moistcabbage
You didn't say you were correct. You said "I win". Pay attention to your own comments before you correct mine Mr. Nixon.
Posted by Mr_Jack_Nixon 7 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
Logical fallacy ad numerum. The fact that more people voted for you does not make you any more correct.
Posted by Moistcabbage 7 years ago
Moistcabbage
Check the score.
Posted by Mr_Jack_Nixon 7 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
I know what debate means... You were contending me by attempting to win. When you attempted to forfeit, it showed you perogative was to meet the resolution. When you met the resolution, you did so to win. By trying to win, when I want to win, you have contended me. Contend means debated. You have debated me, meaning you declaration of forfeital was not a true forfeit at all. You have not forfeited all of the rounds, therefore I win.
Posted by Moistcabbage 7 years ago
Moistcabbage
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inflected Form(s): de·bat·ed; de·bat·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French debatre, from de- + batre to beat, from Latin battuere
Date: 14th century
intransitive verb
1 obsolete : fight, contend
2 a : to contend in words b : to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments
3 : to participate in a debate
transitive verb
1 a : to argue about <the subject was hotly debated> b : to engage (an opponent) in debate
2 : to turn over in one's mind <he's still debating what to do>

From websters dictionary.

For the last time, debating is not defined as responding, announcing forfeit or "trying to win" as my opponent has argued ( with himself I might add ) the entire debate.
Posted by Moistcabbage 7 years ago
Moistcabbage
Yes I spoke once again, again announcing my forfeit. I did not debate, a debate requires that two or more people disagree on a subject, and discuss why their view is correct. In my first response round to con, I simply stared the facts of the debate up to that point. Then declared my forfeit. Un my second round I only declared my forfeit. Forfeiting a debate is done by not supporting your view on a given subject. I did not do so. In the opponents skewed way of thinking, declaring forfeit is a firm if supporting my view on the subject of this debate, or somehow falsifying his claims. I have not. I agree with my opponent. I forfeit all rounds.
Vote Placed by YouImpossibleChild85 7 years ago
YouImpossibleChild85
MoistcabbageMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by ChuckHenryII 7 years ago
ChuckHenryII
MoistcabbageMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by AntibacterialSpray 7 years ago
AntibacterialSpray
MoistcabbageMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by Sonofkong 7 years ago
Sonofkong
MoistcabbageMr_Jack_NixonTied