JackTheotry
JacobAnderson

Changing past to change future with time travel?

JackTheotry

Pro

Are you able to change the past to change the future? My theory is NO, because if you tried to change your future to prevent it, it would set the pyramid of time off balance. For example, if you got to where you were going to go back in time, going back in time would not help, because its already happened, which means that your future self failed to warn you.. or something went wrong. So if your trying to stop your past self when time machines are ever invented, don't count on it, your past already failed you, and you can't change it... that also jumps me to another conclusion, that our future is set to the choices we make. I unfortunately do not have any evidence for this theory. Obviously because I'm not an expert, and I'm too lazy to research on it.
JacobAnderson

Con

I am a little confused as to why you are qualified as Pro if you do not believe in the validity of the topic. However, I too do not believe in the validity of the topic, but for other reasons. If time travel were real, we would not be living in the present, we would be living in the past. And like what we call past, it fades away and is only a mere idea the second after it happened- you cannot physically see or touch the past, it is gone. With this being said, that would mean that we are mere fragments of a future self's experiences, living their past as they continue in our future.
Also, if this had been possible, that would imply that there are two (or more) of us living on the Earth at possibly different times.
I hold the rest of my arguments for after you reply. Interesting topic choice!
JackTheotry

Pro

JackTheotry forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Con

As my opponent has forfeited, I withhold all arguments until my opponent has placed theirs.
JackTheotry

Pro

JackTheotry forfeited this round.
JackTheotry

Pro

JackTheotry forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Con

JacobAnderson forfeited this round.
JackTheotry

Pro

JackTheotry forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Con

JacobAnderson forfeited this round.
Posted by wateva232 3 years ago
wateva232
Isn't 5 rounds way too much for such a topic?
Posted by Oromagi 3 years ago
Oromagi
There are some good arguments against time travel into the past, especially the feedback loop argument. Here's a link to a good "Through the Wormhole" on the subject:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com...