KillerMemestar
DebaterBlake

Charmander or Squirtle?

DebaterBlake has forfeited round #3.
Started: 12/1/2017 Category: Games
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

KillerMemestar

Pro

Charmander is the better pokemon due to the fact that is a fire type that dominates against all.He is cute than becomes a badass dragon .Most people would agree when I say he the best starter and is one of the best on your team.
DebaterBlake

Con

Squirtle is the water type starter and is the best. First off Squirtle does well on half of the gyms in Kanto and has a good stat base. True in gen 1 he didn't learn the moves but has a better design than a lizard with fire on its tail.
KillerMemestar

Pro

Once charmander he turns into Charmeleon which basically bigger version Charmander, but with big claws.Since when you get you will probably be fighting leaf and bug types which makes him way more effective then Wartortle.It also can learn almost all tm's except for ghost,fairy,water,and grass type tm's.
DebaterBlake

Con

As soon squirtle evolves wartortle can get amazing move. It also has an amazing design which stays with the set color scheme.
KillerMemestar

Pro

After chameleon you go to Charizard.One of if not the best fire types.At this level you can get flamethrower which dominates any thing that is weak to fire type or are neutral to him.His design changes to look like a dragon which looks way cooler than a turtle with guns on his back.
Posted by Soulman4764 1 month ago
Soulman4764
I would say Snivy myself, as I have always preferred Grass-types, as Snivy grows, Solar beam is one great move I like as Snivy can learn this through TM's. and as Snivy grows to Servine, and Serperior, its range of moves learned via TM's and naturally vary so much that it's a good all-rounder, as it can learn Grass, Dragon, Flying, Normal, Dark, Psychic, and Poison-type moves. I don't think many other Pokemon can learn 7 different move types, which can be used for virtually all types of Pokemon, the only ones which would be tough for serperior would be Ice, Poison and Dark type Pokemon. Even if you restrict it to 4 types of moves Like Grass, Flying, Dragon and Poison, you can compete with Rock, Ground, Water, Fighting, Grass, Bug, Dragon types knowing you will do Super Effective Damage to them. even if you changed Poison for Dark type move, you would always be able to compete with 7 different types of Pokemon with just 4 Moves.