carljoseph0421
bigwigaustin

Chemotherapy Destroy Lives of Cancer Victims

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

carljoseph0421

Con

Chemotherapy Destroy Lives of Cancer Victims, It never helps the cancer patient to recover. It kills good cells with cancer cells in the process. I don't really recommend chemotherapy treatment for a cancer patient. I suggest going organic, healthy lifestyle, mind setting, faith in God, Support and Love of the Family and most of all Mind strengthening. I value life importantly and wants to be open-minded in all aspect of life so please let me know your thoughts.

Please check this quote for people whose suffering from cancer and diseases.
https://ponbee.com...
bigwigaustin

Pro

First of all, I would like to thank the Con for creating this debate. I disagree with the Con and, thus, will be taking the position of the Pro in this argument, as I believe that chemotherapy is one of the best and most reliable things that we can provide for cancer patients.

As the Con has not laid out a format for this debate, I will be using round one to simply state my stance, round two to provide my arguments, and round three to counter the Con's arguments along with provide a closing statement.

I hope to hear from the Con soon.
carljoseph0421

Con

I know for a fact that chemotherapy is long considered the most effective cancer-fighting treatment for some people! but according to the new study chemotherapy may actually make cancer worse.The extremely aggressive therapy, which kills both cancerous and healthy cells indiscriminately. Can cause healthy cells to secrete a protein that sustains tumor growth and resistance to further treatment. Scientists found that healthy cells damaged by chemotherapy secreted more of a protein called WNT16B which boosts cancer cell survival. and before you take chemotherapy I'm sure the patient will be warned the danger of chemotherapy. and as a fact, 50 percent of some hospitals died because of this treatment and I don't want to take that 50/50 risk. I know you know all that in some cases cancer will transfer after the chemotherapy and it will be worts. I heard lots of news. and along the process chemotherapy will destroy your healthy cells and as a result, your body will have a hard time to recover and Chemotherapy and radiation have even worse long-term recovery rates than surgery. This is largely because they resort to toxic methods of "bludgeoning" a person"s cancer to death. These toxic treatments harm healthy parts of a person"s body along with cancer, thereby making long-term recovery difficult.
Tell me if this story sounds familiar:
Someone you know finds out they have cancer. They have surgery, multiple rounds of chemotherapy, and radiation. During treatment, cancer shrinks and disappears. The doctors tell them they can"t find any cancer in their body. They are "NED" (No Evidence of Disease). They announce to the world that they are "cancer free." Everyone is relieved and excited and celebrates.
Some time goes by, and the patient has more tests only to find out that the cancer is back. And this time it"s spread to their liver, their lungs, their brain, their bones"
They go through more rounds of chemo and radiation, but the treatments don"t work as well the second time. The doctors can"t seem to stop cancer. Every time you see the patient, they look worse and worse. Eventually, after a difficult battle ranging from a few months to a few years, they die.
So what happened?
This is what happened:
Chemotherapy is toxic poison. It works by attacking rapidly dividing cells in your body, which affects your hair, nails, skin, digestive system, and blood. This process makes you very sick and can cause permanent damage to various parts of your body, including your brain, liver, hearing, and reproductive organs.
Chemotherapy attacks rapidly reproducing cells, which includes some types of cancer cells. But it also destroys your immune system. Your immune system is what keeps you alive. Everything I presented is a fact and base on a study and individual who survive cancer without undergoing chemo and radiation.
bigwigaustin

Pro

Chemotherapy is arguably the best treatment that can be used to cure cancer. In fact, on average, it cuts the death rate from cancer in half! Chemotherapy does come with a variety of side effects. However, people often do not realize that every single one of these side effects(aside from hair loss, usually) can come from cancer as well! Chemotherapy has also improved over the years and, in that time period, the amount of side effects caused from the treatment have been greatly reduced.

Natural cures simply do not work. Many advocates of the "natural cancer cure" movement argue that chemotherapy causes terrible side effects, while natural cures don't. Any patient believing this notion will have his/her beliefs reinforced when, after that patient is taken off of chemotherapy, the patient begins to feel better and does not experience any side effects. However, this change doesn't last. The cancer patient winds up trying to beat cancer solely with a healthy lifestyle and, after a while, starts to experience the same side effects caused by cancer along with other, worse symptoms, and ultimately dies.

Cancer simply cannot be beat solely using natural cures. I'm not saying natural stuff is bad for cancer. In fact, I would encourage an educated person that knows what he/she is doing to continue living a healthy lifestyle and use natural methods(as long as they are educated about them) as long as they also continue or begin undergoing treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation.

And, yes, chemotherapy does destroy some natural rapidly growing cells of the body along with cancer cells. However, it's important to ask "Is it more important to live feeling good for a while and then die, or feel bad for a while and have a much greater chance at living?"

With this I conclude my arguments for Round 2, and look forward to hearing from the Con.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org...
https://gizmodo.com...
https://www.mskcc.org...
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org...
carljoseph0421

Con

Thank you. You did your research well. See the problem here is that we only say what we want to hear and to know. Imagine the fact that the side effects of chemotherapy are the following:
Fatigue
Hair loss
Easy bruising and bleeding
Infection
Anemia (low red blood cell counts)
Nausea and vomiting
Appetite changes
Constipation
Diarrhea
Mouth, tongue, and throat problems such as sores and pain with swallowing
Nerve and muscle problems such as numbness, tingling, and pain
Skin and nail changes such as dry skin and color change
Urine and bladder changes and kidney problems
Weight changes
Chemo brain, which can affect concentration and focus
Mood changes
Changes in libido and sexual function
Fertility problems. and so on. Whats the point in undergoing treatment if this will happen to you.? Will you agree to me that having cancer is really tough and plus the sad part is, you undergo treatment, you will feel excruciating pain, you will lose lots and lots of money, plus additional body sickness with the above mentioned, and plus you might undergo many treatments and thus prolonging your suffering. Why can't we just choose organic before going treatment? why do we always go organic when it's the last resort when your body is at it's weakest or if it's too late?.
Is it all just money making thing?
I never heard doctors saying plant fruits and go organic, eat healthy, mindset, exercise daily. Instead, they keep saying rest, medication, treatment. then YOU NEED THIS AMOUNT TO PROCEED WITH THE NEXT TREATMENT? seriously? can they just pay after you treat them, rather than giving them another hardship and options in life?. I know someone who survived cancer without going chemo, She doesn't have money for her treatment and so she changes her lifestyle and just live normally without thinking that she got cancer. She eats healthy food, she looks even younger, plus she doesn't have those side-effects, she doesn't stay at home, she prays and just lives the life at it's fullest but with limit and self-medication. One day she visits her hospital to check what stage is her tumor and the doctor found out that it became smaller and so she continues until now she's doing her best to become healthy and to live life at it's fullest.
I got lot's of stories to tell but let me tell you one last thing.

Chemotherapy is an option for rich people but what do you think with poor people and those who cannot afford it?
Let's realize that going healthy, healthy lifestyle, going organic, a healthy mindset is the first priority here, the first option that we need to consider rather than risking our loved ones with this treatment (50% survives from some hospitals) and if they survive the first one how many treatments they will still undergo, How many more treatments and money they will be spent??? and how many side effects will they see our loved ones feel?
If I have cancer my first option is ALL HEALTHY! and my last option is Chemo when I did everything I can.
Thank you!
bigwigaustin

Pro

In his arguments for Round 3, the Con stated many of the side effects that can be caused by chemotherapy, proceeding this list with a question of "What's the point in undergoing treatment if this will happen to you?" To this question I have a simple answer: the will to live. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something in order to gain another. In the case of cancer and chemotherapy, a patient will have to sacrifice a healthy body for a while in order to have a much higher chance of surviving cancer.

The Con also stated that a chemotherapy patient "will lose lots and lots of money". While this may be true for some people, an insurance policy will pay the vast majority of the costs for most people. Also, money really doesn't matter in a life or death situation. Simply because a person can go into debt as a result of the expenses of chemotherapy certainly does not supersede that person's life!

The Con also revealed that he knows a woman that has cancer and is combatting it with natural medicine and a change of lifestyle and not using chemotherapy. The con proceeded to tell that her tumor has shrunk since this. Tumors can shrink and tumors can grow. As long as it exists, she still has cancer. The natural stuff is not going to help her in the long run. The natural stuff and change of lifestyle has not cured the cancer, and time is limited. I sincerely hope this woman goes to the doctor and gets chemotherapy before the cancer has advanced to an untreatable level.

Natural cures simply cannot treat cancer alone. They may be somewhat useful when they are used with treatments such as chemotherapy, but, otherwise, they simply won't work. If they did work, many people would have success stories of how they beat cancer simply with natural herbs and a change of their lifestyle. However, this is not the case. Instead, many deaths from cancer have resulted from people refusing to undergo chemotherapy and only a few people have told stories of how they beat cancer naturally, but not one of these stories has actually been verified. I maintain my position that Chemotherapy is one of the best and most effective treatments that we can give to cancer patients.

I would like to thank the Con for creating this debate and, with this, I close my final counter-statements and my closing arguments.
Posted by whiteflame 1 month ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Pro used reliable sources, con uses no sources at all. Pro is more convincing than con!

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain arguments. Generalizing about who is more convincing is not sufficient. (2) Sources are insufficiently explained. Even if only one side presents sources, the voter is required to explain how that side"s sources are reliable.
************************************************************************
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
I voted!
Posted by arugula278 1 month ago
arugula278
"I value life"

"don't do chemotherapy if you have cancer"

hmmm