IAmAWalrus
chewster911

Chica is better than Bonnie in Five Nights at Freddy's

chewster911
Started: 11/28/2014 Category: Games

IAmAWalrus

Pro

I will prove my position that Chica, one of the main antagonists from the Five Nights at Freddy's game series, is better than Bonnie, another antagonist.

Rules:

First round only for acceptance.

No Plagaurism, unless to prove a point or to make a reference or citation.

Take debate seriously; No trolling.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7 point forfeiture.
chewster911

Con

I accept. I am a big fan of the game. (as much as you are presumably)

I'll place a definition from which we will be making arguments.

Better - Having an advantage (advantages) over the other animatronic.

I will be arguing for Bonnie, my claim is that Bonnie is in an advantage over Chica when it comes reaching/killing the player.
Good luck!
IAmAWalrus

Pro

I greatly thank the opponent for acceptung a debate I was longing to complete.

Arguments

I would like to point out that I also said that "better" means the support for each antagonist from society. First of all, on the website, Google Fight, Chica gets a ore positive response than Bonnie. This means that people more likely approve of Chica more than Bonnie. But since we are debating on the advantages for each anamatronic for reaching and killing the character, this paragraph does not count toaward the debate topic.

Bonnie is most likely active on all of the nights, (Being the most active on Night 1.) He appears on the left side of the door in the office, and will probably leave when you close the door. But, Chica stays longer at the door than Bonnie does, shown from the wikia and experience in completing the game myself. Keeping the door closed for Chica can decrease your battery power significantly.

I do agree that Bonnie has some advantages, such as being able to teleport anywhere as Chica has to travel to adjacent areas, but he is still able to be stopped easily, without taking much power from the door, when Chica stays longer.

Chica is also able to access the Kitchen area, unlike Bonnie. Although this isn't really an advantage, this may cause distraction to the player, because of the clanging of pots and pans.

Although Bonnie reaches the door more frequently, he usually leaves quickly, but Chica lingers, waiting longer and stealing more of the player's energy.

I await my opponents arguments.

(Keep in mind that we are only talking about the first Five Nights at Freddy's.)
chewster911

Con

I thank my opponent for the arguments. Go Bonnie!

Brief rebuttal:

Just to make it even (i know that we are talking about only FNAF 1), but Toy Bonnie has more searches than Toy Chica in google fight. I agree that this should not count, i just wanted to make it even.

Each one of us has their own experience of the game,but i wouldn't agree that Chica is in an advantage because she stays longer at the door. We can even it out pointing out that Bonnie appears more frequently, therefore he wastes about as much power as Chica does. From my gaming experience Bonnie used to make me go nuts on nights 5,6 and 7, because he stayed much longer than Chica. So on average when it comes to wasting power they both tie.

I wouldn't agree that Kitchen is a distraction, because it would be the same with hearing where Chica is and seeing where Chica is - we know her location.

My arguments:

Bonnie has two major advantages over Chica:

1. The most important strategy for survival on later nights

On later nights (3-7), Freddy will start stalking the player. He isn't that agressive until night 5. Once you've reached night 5, Freddy will be the main focus, because he doesn't appear on the blind spot at the door. Why is this important? Because he always attacks from the right door from where Chica attacks (ignoring that he appears on the left door after power has been wasted). Player's focus is on Freddy now, since he has to keep closing the right door before looking at the camera (major strategy for surviving nights 5-7). Once this happens, Chica is not as much of a threat as on earlier nights, because the frequent lowering of the right door will simultaneously stop Chica while stopping Freddy - the major threat. This gives Bonnie an advantage, because player needs to check the left door, since Bonnie is the only "teleporting" threat there. Chica becomes much less of a threat, putting her into disadvantage.

2. Bonnie vs Noobs (i think it's a funny name)

Noobs that start playing the game will only know the basics of the game. This is an advantage for Bonnie because he appears right at the door, while Chica appears at the window. When light is turned on, Chica can be clearly seen whether the door is closed or not. Most noobs won't know when Bonnie is gone after closing the door (i am aware of the shadow on the window, but noobs will figure that out much later). This will most of the time prompt them to open the door unaware that Bonnie still might be there. Opening the door will result in blockage of the light/door buttons and death of the player by Bonnie. Example: Pewds (I can't remember which episode though, since he filmed 3 of FNAF 1).

So overall Bonnie has more advantages than Chica does, this is all i needed to prove (1st one is the most important of all).

Back to you, Pro.
IAmAWalrus

Pro

Rebuttals

"We can even it out pointing out that Bonnie appears more frequently, therefore he wastes about as much power as Chica does. From my gaming experience Bonnie used to make me go nuts on nights 5,6 and 7, because he stayed much longer than Chica. So on average when it comes to wasting power they both tie."

When I played Five Nights at Freddy's, (Which is what you already know because I adore you,) Chica overall decreases the battery by 15% or less, depending on the length of time when she's there, while Bonnie takes about 2% everytime she confronts your door. Since Bonnie is frequently coming toward you, she overall takes about 10% or less during the later nights. You see, the game takes a few moments to analyze the usage of the battery. When you see Bonnie once, and close the door, he usually disappears over a second or two. This doesn't decrease the battery as much as Chica does.

"Player's focus is on Freddy now, since he has to keep closing the right door before looking at the camera (major strategy for surviving nights 5-7). Once this happens, Chica is not as much of a threat as on earlier nights, because the frequent lowering of the right door will simultaneously stop Chica while stopping Freddy "

On Markiplier's attempt to beat 20/20/20/20 mode on Five Nights at Freddy's, Chica is as frequent as Freddy, because she is on her 20 mode. So, not only does the player have toworry about Freddy, but the player also has to leave the door closed when Chica is there. So, it doesn't matter if the main focus is Freddy. Chica will still be able to decrease the battery significantly because of her mode on the custom night.

"This gives Bonnie an advantage, because player needs to check the left door, since Bonnie is the only "teleporting" threat there. Chica becomes much less of a threat, putting her into disadvantage."

I do agree that Bonnie does have an advantage on the later nights, but, just like Chica, the player has to worry about Foxy running toward the door. On the same video I mentioned earlier, the player has to check the cameras frequently on Foxy, because he can easily run toward your door and decrease the battery. So I believe that Bonnie and Chica has equivalent advantages during the later nights.

"Most noobs won't know when Bonnie is gone after closing the door (i am aware of the shadow on the window, but noobs will figure that out much later). This will most of the time prompt them to open the door unaware that Bonnie still might be there."

I would like to point out that your statement is inaccurate because you wouldn't know if the people new to the game wouldn't be able to atriculate the shadow in the window. First of all, there isn't much of a difference when Bonnie is there and when she's not there. But ,noobs, such as I was when I was new to the amazing game, will probably tell the difference between the window when she's there, and when she's not. And even if they were fooled, when they open the door they will probably turn on the lights, and they will see Bonnie standing, waiting to stuff him down an anamatronic, or stuff an endoskeleton down the security guard.

I await my amazing opponents arguments.

[1]

[2]http://freddy-fazbears-pizza.wikia.com...

chewster911

Con

I thank my opponent for his rebuttal and for creating this debate.

Rebuttals

I said that each of our gaming experience is unique,and that it shouldn't be counted as arguments. For me Bonnie was much more of a pain than Chica. Some of you might relate, some of you might not.

The game creator Scott Cawthon created Bonnie and Chica with the equal advantage of wasting power. Bonnie comes more frequently, and Chica stays longer. Of course, there are variations in each of our gaming experience. If we cancel out our gaming experience, they tie when it comes to wasting power.

If we concluded that, then it doesn't matter if Chica will appear on the door on 20/20/20/20 mode, since Bonnie will have the same advantage there.

"Chica is as frequent as Freddy, because she is on her 20 mode"

It doesn't matter if Chica is frequent, when Freddy has the advantage of killing the player, because you can't see him on the door, while Chica has to first appear on the door and then enter the room or block the buttons. While stopping Freddy, player stops Chica as well. Regarding to the custom night 20 mode, their time at the door doesn't change - they stay there very shortly. True, Chica will still be wasting power, but she will be in disadvantage when it comes to killing the player, since she will be stopped everytime when the door is closed. Foxy is not relevant here, because he will come only if player doesn't look at the camera or looks at the camera too much. If he does, Foxy will only take a little time (maximum 10 sec). This does NOT put Bonnie into disadvantage.

"I would like to point out that your statement is inaccurate because you wouldn't know if the people new to the game wouldn't be able to atriculate the shadow in the window. First of all, there isn't much of a difference when Bonnie is there and when she's not there. But ,noobs, such as I was when I was new to the amazing game, will probably tell the difference between the window when she's there, and when she's not. And even if they were fooled, when they open the door they will probably turn on the lights, and they will see Bonnie standing, waiting to stuff him down an anamatronic, or stuff an endoskeleton down the security guard."

I pointed out that Pewds made this mistake. He opened the door while Bonnie was still there and he blocked his buttons. (Bonnie is a guy, so you should be referring to him as "he").
We don't know for certain, we approximate. Some noobs won't and some noobs will know.

So to conclude:

1. Bonnie and Chica tie when it comes to wasting power
2. Bonnie is in an advantage over Chica on later nights because of Freddy
3. Bonnie has an advantage over Chica when it comes to killing noobs.
4. Bonnie is an advantage over Chica overall.

Pro seemed to be relying only on the power-wasting argument, but i have proved that they both waste power equally, Pro did not disprove that Bonnie is in an advantage on the later nights, because he only used power-wasting argument.

Pro also said "I do agree that Bonnie does have an advantage on the later nights."
Pro agreed!

Also here is a video where Pewds made the noob mistake: https://www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the debate, i hope we will have more debates about FNAF!
Posted by martimm6776 1 year ago
martimm6776
Bonnie!!!!!!!
Posted by i8bacon 2 years ago
i8bacon
Dang
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
**comes TO reaching/killing the player**
Posted by IAmAWalrus 2 years ago
IAmAWalrus
@chewster

I will show the advantages that chica has and the comparison of the support of each character.
Posted by smlburridge 2 years ago
smlburridge
Why is there such an obsession with these characters?
They're just animatronics.
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
It is unclear how you intend to prove tha Chica is better than Bonnie. I might accept this,but you must first define "better"
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
IAmAWalruschewster911Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a great debate. In the end I feel like though that out of the 4 things mentioned in the debate that Con has had victory in three of the four categories, thus negating the resolution giving the debate to Con.