henryzietlow
Dimonrn

Chicken fries are good

Started: 12/4/2015 Category: Cars

henryzietlow

Pro

First round is acceptance
No trolling, please
Definitions
Chicken fries- chickens that are prepared in a fashion similar to fries
Dimonrn

Con

I accept your challenge. I will add a few more clarification definitions.
Good - The moral thing you ought to do
The Chicken Fries are trade marked at Burger King, therefore we have to use their fries. http://www.bk.com...

This is will be fun! Good luck!
henryzietlow

Pro

Lets let the people answer this question.
According to grubgrade.com, "I did kind of enjoy Fiery Chicken Fries enough to give them a diagonally pointed thumbs up, but they"re really lacking the heat....I love the colorful packaging (good job marketing team) and it works great for grubbing on the go complete with a spot to hold your dipping sauce. You"ve got your choice of BBQ, Honey Mustard, Ranch, Zesty, Buffalo and Sweet & Sour, and Chicken Fries Sauce. I went with Ranch because it seemed like the natural choice for a spicy chicken product. There"s a nice selection of dipping sauces to choose from which is a plus."
Even Jesus loves chicken fries. Look at Psalm 34:8. "Taste and see that the chicken fries is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Don't even try to argue with Jesus
Vote pro
*drops mic*
Dimonrn

Con

My opponent begins his first argument with a fallacious appeal to emotion, and anecdotal evidence. Of course these types of evidence are extremely questionable at best, and completely wrong at worst. My opponent did not decline my definition of good, so for some thing to be good, then it is the thing you ought to do.

good - Ought to do. This is a very important thing when deciding if something is good. If chicken fries are good, then they are the thing you ought to do. This could mean two different things.

A) If chicken fries are good, then you ought to eat them for every meal. This is actually very unhealthy. Eating chicken fries for every meal would lead to major increase in sodium and fat intake. This would lead to things like population wide obesity. Or having way too much salt in a diet. Chicken fries would lead to millions of deaths. How is something that causes people to die a good thing? Or causes them all to be extremely over weight? Chicken fries are clearly not good. They are neutral at best. While one could occasionally indulge on chicken fries, eating them is permissible, it doesn't matter either way.

B) If chicken fries are good, then why do you destroy them. If you ought to do what is good, and chicken fries are good, then all humans should do is make chicken fries. Destroying them is evil, and eating the fries is evil. However in your argument for chicken fries, the person you appeal to is doing the evil act of destroying what is good.

In my closing argument, I ask, does my opponent devote his life to eating what is good? For every meal, and every time he eats? If he answers no, then chicken fries are not good. Or does my opponent spend his life doing what he ought, making chicken fries, and making sure that no one destroys what is good, if my opponent answers no then chicken fries are not good. If my opponent answers no to any of those questions the debate is automatically won, that chicken fries are not good.

So I urge a vote in con.
henryzietlow

Pro

henryzietlow forfeited this round.
Dimonrn

Con

I extend my prior argument to this round. I think since he choose to forfeit, he has in fact answered No, thus meaning chicken fries are not good.
henryzietlow

Pro

henryzietlow forfeited this round.
Dimonrn

Con

extended, vote con
henryzietlow

Pro

henryzietlow forfeited this round.
Dimonrn

Con

Dimonrn forfeited this round.
Posted by benmellin 1 year ago
benmellin
Pro makes a good point here