NDECD1441
WarTurtle10101

Chicken or the egg?

NDECD1441 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NDECD1441

Pro

This is more of a question than a debate but since I want a resolved answer, I decided to make it one, therefore, without further adieu, let's begin.

The question to be solved is a long debated paradoxial question: 'Which came first, the chicken or the egg?'

I will happily take the stance that the egg came first and would like to contextualize this debate under the scene of an actual chicken egg. Not a dinosaur egg, not from a dictionary but in real life. BOP will be shared.

Good luck to the person who accepts and thank you. I'm quite busy but should be able to find some time.
WarTurtle10101

Con

Ok so first of all I would like to state that I am just stating what different religions believe and am not trying to start an argument about what is right wrong and all that crap.

So If you go back millions and millions and millions of years to where there were pre-historic flying dinosaurs you most likely wouldn't find the chicken or the chicken's egg. But if you continue on through time according to evolution one day a 1st class chicken would pop out of one of the eggs and chickens would arrive on earth. Therefore according to evolution the egg came first.

Then for Christianity because there was no evolution it would have impossible for the eggs to survive because if God had created the eggs without evolution no one would be there to take care of the eggs so the chicken came first.

So to answer your question it just depends on what you believe.
NDECD1441

Pro

Evolution is pushed back and forth in terms of between science and religion ladies and gentlemen. I was honestly pretty surprised when my opponent found a loophole in my rules and inserted religion into the debate. I was hoping this to be staged more in terms of science but then again, it's okay.

However I should clarify myself on were I stand. Whether or not religion is a strong point in a debate remains for another one, however, I would like to stand based on pure factual ACTUALLY proven science. Like my opponent, we can agree whether or not religion is true remains for a later debate. With that, let's head on to my rebuttals.

My opponent based his foundation as two main points. The laying of the first egg and religion. Let's begin with the first.
"But if you continue on through time according to evolution one day a 1st class chicken would pop out of one of the eggs and chickens would arrive on earth."
I wouldn't call the species that laid the first egg a 1st class chicken. If it was, where did it come from? A "proto-chicken" is not specifically a chicken and when you put it that way, the final part of your sentence suggests that the egg came first! THANKS!

"Then for Christianity because there was no evolution it would have impossible for the eggs to survive because if God had created the eggs without evolution no one would be there to take care of the eggs so the chicken came first."
Then again, chickens need certain nutrients to lay eggs. Who will be there to give the chickens them? This way, your particular statement goes back and forth. In fact, BOTH your points go nowhere and they will take us no further than the motion today.

Now let's move on to my points.

Really my points come from this particular video. It's by asapscience so it is reliable. I even have a book from them so I know it doesn't contradict. If you like, I could post the entire paragraph for you to read however I will spare you the trouble and give you the video instead.

https://m.youtube.com...

In fact, we can also say that while the chicken couldn't have come from anywhere other than an egg. The egg though, can come from somewhere other than a chicken. With evolution going on, a particular prehistoric egg-laying species would lay an egg and thus, out will crack the chicken. Therefore the egg came first. From how I view it, religion is a bit back and forth in this debate and unless my opponent can prove otherwise, it will remain that way in this debate.

So here is the overall evaluation of the 1st round. As we have seen religion is a unpredictable point in here and Con's first point was proven a bad one by me so unfortunately, con's case renders crumbled. I however, have based my case under facts, actual research and analysis (including some of my own). Therefore, we can see who the debate is leaning to now.

With that, I thank you all and hand the speech to the opposition.
WarTurtle10101

Con

I watched your video and it just made this argument more simplicated for me. The video it self states that we could never know what came first. Because if two "proto chickens" mated they would make a "proto chicken" egg, from which a real chicken would hatch. As you stated ASAP science is very reliable and obviously can see that it is impossible to tell which came first. As a matter of fact it is completely opinion to which came first.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 month ago
NDECD1441
Sorry I couldnt complete this debate. I was busy.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 month ago
WarTurtle10101
hmm I like the way you explain it.
Posted by Soulman4764 1 month ago
Soulman4764
There is no answer to this debate, it's like asking about the Big Bang Theory, Its a Branch of Creation, meaning neither answer is correct, nor will it ever be (These kinds of paradoxes will always crop up, which have no value to life itself). Debates like this should be left alone, because there will never be an answer to them.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 month ago
WarTurtle10101
I have to do my research to ;-)
Posted by NDECD1441 1 month ago
NDECD1441
Your turn WarTurtle.
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
When was the first one ???

https://www.theguardian.com...
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
"First" makes no sense. In evolution there is no "first"..it is something evolving to something else..1.When did "pre"- eggs evolve to eggs as we know them and how 2. When did chicken evolve to what we call "chicken.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 month ago
WarTurtle10101
r u still gonna try and counter what I said or have you sided with what I have stated.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 month ago
NDECD1441
My bad.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 month ago
NDECD1441
My bad.