andyh20
krz

Child Pornography should be legal if a child wants to be in the Porn industry

krz

andyh20

Pro

This round is for acceptance and clarification only!
krz

Con

I accept this debate and thank you for initiating it.
andyh20

Pro

I extend my argument to the next round
krz

Con

As my opponent initiated the debate, I feel it is only fair that their points and arguments be asserted first, but I digress.

Since my opponent also did not define what they meant by a "child," I will provide my own definition for the sake of the argument. In saying "child," I will be referring to a minor between the ages of 13 and 17. Anything younger than that is in no way morally justifiable--in fact, it is completely sick and very nearly pedophilia.

When I was 16, I wanted to have my own hookah lounge, but I was only 16, and smoking is illegal until the age of 18. No one was going to take my hand and say, "Go ahead, sweetheart--you can't legally smoke, but you may as well start, since you want to have your own hookah lounge when you grow up." The logic in this school of thought is intrinsically flawed. If you wanted to be a police officer when you grew up, no one was going to hand you a uniform, a badge, and a handgun and tell you to have at it.

Children are notorious for changing their minds in regards to what career they would like to pursue. One day they want to be a veterinarian, the next they want to be a mortician, and by Sunday, they're contemplating teaching English as a second language in Serbia. Let's say that a fifteen-year-old girl decided she wanted to be in the porn industry, and subsequently gets involved, making several videos, taking several raunchy pictures, and whatnot. But, next year, said girl decides she wants to be a trauma surgeon. Very few colleges would want to accept her, and even fewer medical schools. And, even if she beat the odds there, what hospital is going to hire an former child porn star? A child getting involved in the pornography industry may jeopardize any future career opportunities they would like to take.

Finally, is this really right? Is this really justifiable? Is it morally acceptable to exploit young men and women in such a degrading and objectifying fashion? The answer is a resounding no.
andyh20

Pro

andyh20 forfeited this round.
krz

Con

Vote Con.
Posted by Hematite12 3 years ago
Hematite12
This should be removed as a viable debate topic. Just stupid.

Although I WOULD agree that age of consent should match up with freedom to do this.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Is a child old enough to make a decision to subjugate himself to the masturbation of a couple of perverted men? I say no.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
andyh20krzTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con created an argument while Pro postponed theirs to a round they decided to forfeit. Overall, an easy choice in who won.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
andyh20krzTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not sure why Pro decided to extend his arguments, before even making an argument. Con's counter-arguments went uncontested. Conduct to Con for Pro's forfeit.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
andyh20krzTied