sadolite
iq_two

Child molesters should be tortured to death.

sadolite

Pro

Child molesters should be tortured to death and die the most painful and agonizing death possible. That's all
iq_two

Con

First of all, I want to make it clear that I am not advocating child molestation. Hurting a child is absolutely horrible.

So is torturing people to death. No one, no matter what they have done, deserves that. The eight amendment prohibits cruel and unusual punishment, and torturing people to death is undeniably cruel and unusual punishment. I see that your argument is not that it is legal, just that it should be done, but the eight amendment is there for a reason. No matter how horrible of an act someone commits, it does not, and should not, give society the right to do something equally bad. Two wrongs do not make a right.

And what if the person accused of being a child molester is innocent? Children are often manipulated into accusing someone of molesting someone when it never really occurred. If child molesters were to be tortured to death, it is almost certain that innocent people would be too.

We don't know why people molest children. Is it because they are evil people, or because there is something wrong with their brain that makes them unable to help it? We may someday find out that it is the latter, maybe even that it can be cured.

And even if someone is guilty of being a child molester, and they did do it merely because they are an evil person who wants to hurt children, society cannot condone torturing them to death. No matter how horrible child molestation is, child molesters are still human. Can you really argue that a human being, any human being, should be tortured to death?
sadolite

Pro

I used to think the same as you did in your argument. Now I have two children. I can assure you that If I caught someone sexually abusing my children, all the amendments in the world would not save him or her from my wrath. I wouldn't even report it because he would just be set free anyway to molest more children. Who cares why they do it. I don't. I'll quote a quote, The justice system we have isn't perfect, but it's the only one we have. People are accused wrongly all the time. I might consider life in prison without parole if all the evidence is circumstantial, but being caught red handed' no f'en way. An agonizing death is the best deterrence. As far as child molesters go, not deserving to be tortured, I don't see a problem with it, they are subhuman scum.
iq_two

Con

What about if one of your children became a child molester? Would you want them to be tortured to death?
sadolite

Pro

Yes, I'd do it myself. Child molesters arent worth even considering on a human level they should be treated like the worst form of evil in the world, and given no compassion what so ever in my opinion of course. They prey on innocence and destroy it for ever. They knowingly do it, and don't care how they are going to permanently destroy that child's life. Why should I care about his life or how he feels about anything.
iq_two

Con

<<>>
But they are human.

<<>>
Even the worst form of evil in the world does not deserve to be tortured to death.

<<>>
How can you not feel compassion for someone who is so twisted- either born that way through no choice of their own, or made that way by society, again through no choice of their own- someone so confused about right and wrong, or helpless to do what is right? How can you feel no compassion for someone who was once a child like those you want to protect, and had parents that loved them, or never was fortunate enough to? For someone who was victimized until they knew nothing but to do to others what had been done to them?

<<>>
How do you know? Maybe they can't help it, maybe their brains are wired in a way that they can't resist the compulsion to hurt children, maybe they do care and don't want to destroy that child's life but can't resist it, maybe they do feel remorse, maybe they don't knowingly do it, don't understand what they're doing, and the consequence of what they're doing.

<<>>
You should care because no matter what he does, he is human. And even if you don't care about the child molesters, what about their friends and family who are innocent, who already have to deal of the horror of having someone they love be a child molester. Is it fair to make them go through having their loved one tortured to death?

And if we say it is okay to torture to death child molesters, where does it stop? What about child murderers? What about rapist/murderers who do horrible things to adults? What about murderers? Rapists? Where do you draw the line? You might draw it at child molesters, but others might think that brutally raping and torturing someone older also deserves this punishment. No one is qualified to make these judgement calls, to decide what fate others deserve.

And how will it help anything? If someone is not prevented from molesting a child by knowing it is wrong, not prevented from doing it by the fear of jail time, and of what happens to child molesters in jail, why would harsher punishment stop them? If you don't think about the consequences, harsher consequences aren't going to change anything. Child molesters probably don't think, "Well, going to jail is worth it," they just don't think about it, or can't control themselves.

You want to protect children from child molesters, from having their innocence stolen away from them, but is it any better to have them live in a world where people are tortured to death?

As Clarence Darrow said, "Every effort toward humanizing the world, every effort in dealing with crime and punishment has been toward charity and mercy and better conditions, and has been in the direction of showing that all men are at least partly good, and all men are partly bad, and that there isn't so much difference in men as we had been taught to believe. Every effort that will last beyond the day and the year must have its basis in charity and pity and humanity, or else it cannot live."
Posted by rshortman 8 years ago
rshortman
You can try intellectualizing against torture of child molestors all you want. Maybe in some perfect, utopian, phylisophical land of intellectuals that argument might hold weight but I'm gonna tell you right here and now: if I catch a person molesting/raping a child, I won't wait around for due process. I will torture and kill the m****f***er myself and guaranted one day when you grow up and gain a sense of reality, you'll feel the same.

well...if you're a decent human being anyway
Posted by attrition 8 years ago
attrition
A person commits murder for ONLY three reasons to which the death penalty does not deter:

1. Compulsion: Serial killers/rapists. Real sickos that kill for pleasure and can't or won't stop. Often they cover their crimes up because they don't want to get caught, they know it is wrong, or at least they know they will either go to prison or get the death penalty. Either way, the fear of death won't stop this.

2. Passion: A husband catching his wife getting tag teamed by his two best friends. Snaps and kills everybody. Do you think that this person is worried about the death penalty? They worry after the fact, but it still does not prevent the murder.

3. Greed: Simple money or power. They never think they will get caught. Fear will not stop them.

The justice system is flawed, people lie and makes mistakes. A human system will never be absolutely perfect.The death penalty is the state's vengeance upon an individual. It is immoral ard based on old laws that the human race will eventually evolve out of..hopefully. Life in prison is to prevent further death and to have the ability to correct errors. If someone is actually caught in the act or pleads guilty with no hesitation, then by all means lock them up in a little tiny room with little to no access to others and 1 book a week. Now with a lifetime to think about what they have done and where they are at, that's a real punishment.
Posted by attrition 8 years ago
attrition
Sadolite got schooled by a 16 yr old!! I think people should have a license to procreate and you sir, would have certainly flunked that test. HA, not just putting someone to death, that doesn't cure your blood lust enough, but torturing someone to death!?!?! You got some serious anger issues, dude. I imagine you have some deep seeded dark twisted stuff going on in you head. Like, 'I think we should pull the legs off puppies when they pee on the floor, that sure will teach all the other puppies not to pee on the floor' The level of ignorance you present is startling especially when you opponent as already advanced you in higher concepts at 16. Bravo, a new low for people!
Posted by Joel_Asher 8 years ago
Joel_Asher
so maybe what you should say is that the death penalty period, should be torture, or at least one of the forms of the death penalty. Not to mention, you dont consider animal feelings. That is sad. Oh well, but its fine, I am glad I have had this opnionated discussion with you, more of Debate.org should be like this, or at least a section. But dont get me wrong, I do hate child molesters, and I know it is wrong to really hate, so dont think I am for them. But in my lifetime I was taught to have a responsibility to balance and equal things out. I also am a Libra if you believe in that stuff. So I feel if child molesters should be tortured. Then the death penalty period should be torutre to help deter all crime, if thats what its going to do.
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
Why do you think a law like that wouldn't deter child molesters? Be specific please. Comparing animals to people with the exception of child molesters is like comparing apples and oranges. You are for fairness and equality. I didn't say the child molesters were going to be treated any differently than anyone else until he has his day in court. After he or she has had their day in court and gone through all of the endless appeals. Then and only then should they be tortured to death
Posted by Joel_Asher 8 years ago
Joel_Asher
are your feelings the only feelings that matter? if no and I know it is no then why do you think that a law like that would stop at child molesters? and what is this crap about not having guts to do something. open your eyes and see what I am saying, I do not support child molesters in any way. I support fairness I support equality. NOT is that big enough for you to see? NOT FOR THE CHILD MOLESTERS BUT FOR EVERYONE ELSE!! you get your way everyone else will have to get the same. not everyone shares your view. some people see bestiality as the the most terrible thing you can do in human existence and can give you ample reason why. YEAH why arent you freaking out about those people huh? shouldnt they deserve to die? shouldnt you hope they burn in haell?
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
What you are saying now is what is in place and it doesnt work. You give to much credit to a child's ability to understand such a heinous concept of child molestation. Lets face facts, even if, and I know it would, if torturing child molesters would reduce the numbers, you would be against it based on the fact that you don't have what it takes and the guts to do it. Let the children suffer because I don't want to do what it takes to stop or reduce it because you care more about the child molesters, Quote Unquote "rights" They don't deserve any rights after they have been convicted in a court of law. All they deserve is a horrible heinous death.
Posted by Joel_Asher 8 years ago
Joel_Asher
you dont know for sure who is going to repeat and who is not, no way to know so be fair. Killing a bunch of people off is not going to stop anything, there is still going to be molestors everywhere you turn. You want to do something about it, become proactive and teach the parents to teach their children better so they dont grow up thinking it is ok to play with kids sexually. This will be fair preserve innocent lives and help the future.
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
So you would allow the child molester to be set free? To molest again? Longer sentencing?
Posted by Joel_Asher 8 years ago
Joel_Asher
I have a growm male dog that tries to have sex with my female puppy all the time. There are animal who try mating with young ones all the time ut you have to around to see it. The world is harsh and this stuff is everywhere. But longer sentencing is far better than a life for a life not lost.
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by ItalianStalian7 8 years ago
ItalianStalian7
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by Mangani 8 years ago
Mangani
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by Jamcke 8 years ago
Jamcke
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by rubbersoul 8 years ago
rubbersoul
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by rshortman 8 years ago
rshortman
sadoliteiq_twoTied
Vote Placed by iamapelican 8 years ago
iamapelican
sadoliteiq_twoTied