posy
taburkasaurusrex

Children 10 or older should be able to have a Facebook account

Started: 2/16/2015 Category: Economics

posy

Pro

I think children over the age of 10 are responsible enough, to have a facebook account. They are at that age where they can be really responsible.Although, I am not totally for it because children are children and they can get a bit irresponsible. I guess it just matters on the child.
taburkasaurusrex

Con

Thank you for putting up this debate. I'd like to start out by saying that ten year old kids are not old, nor responsible, enough to be on Facebook. I know fourteen year old teens who are still not responsible enough to be on the internet. My friend, 14 years old, was stupid enough to send nudes to a guy and the guy posted the picture on Facebook and tagged all her friends in it. Ten year old kids have never been responsible. They still only care about having friends and making their friends happy. They still like to go and play outside at recess. No ten year old kids should not be on Facebook.
posy

Pro

Like I said, I am not totally for this debate. It matters on the child and if that child is responsible enough they should be ten to get it (or older). Take your friend, for example, your friend is not one of the responsible type. So, That is all I have to argue too.
taburkasaurusrex

Con

I have yet to meet a responsible ten year old kid. They shouldn't be worried about social media anyways, as they're body's have yet to even start growing and developing, so they should be outside in the nature in stead of sitting in front of the computer. When I was ten I was out side running around, swimming, climbing, etc. but nowadays ten year olds are out having sex, smoking weed, and playing on the internet. Yes I agree it all depends on the kid, and how their parents feel towards them getting online.
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
@posy, how could a 10 year old be responsible enough to have a Facebook account but not be allowed to be alone at home for an hour?
Posted by kittygirl04 2 years ago
kittygirl04
it depends on the child
Posted by posy 2 years ago
posy
I would just like too say that I am not totally for this.