eieiobum
Shadelol

Children aged 12 years-16 years should be allowed to have after school and weekend jobs

eieiobum

Con

I strongly believe that children 12 years-16 years should not be allowed to work after school and weekend jobs for 3 reasons but in this round I will only discuss one. First I will define the topic.

According to dictionaryreference.com children means a young person especially between infancy and youth, should means must; ought, work means exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil, school means an institution where instruction is given, esp. to persons under college age and weekend means the end of a week, esp. the period of time between Friday evening and Monday morning.

Now for my first argument. In this argument I will be speaking about the expense on the nation of hiring pre-teens to do some of the jobs that adults are clearly intended to do. Obviously a child would be payed less than an adult and if you had to choose whether to pay your employees more or less what would you choose? That would have a great impact on the nations financial status which would cause a greater struggle for parents or even singles to keep their families or even themselves financially afloat.

Thank you for reading
Shadelol

Pro

I strongly believe that children should be allowed to have part time jobs whether they be during the week or on the weekend.
I'm first confused about the age group you're debating about. You're talking about children aged 12-16 years in your debate topic, but in your first argument you're also speaking about preteens? Can you please clarifiy this?
You're talking about "jobs that adults are clearly intended to do", without any examples at all. When I was in my pre-teens, I was doing menial paper runs and delivering for chemists, and getting payed in un-taxed money. They were only looking for kids around my age. I can understand your point of view, suggesting that children wouldn't be expecting as much money as an adult for doing the exact same job, but generally the jobs that children undertake in their pre-teen years are different to the ones that adults undertake.
eieiobum

Con

eieiobum forfeited this round.
Shadelol

Pro

Shadelol forfeited this round.
eieiobum

Con

eieiobum forfeited this round.
Shadelol

Pro

Shadelol forfeited this round.
Posted by Sarcasm 7 years ago
Sarcasm
i like mai job D: