alymosier
Absentia

Children are products of their environment

alymosier

Con

Children are not the Products of their environment. All children possess the faculties of learning, which Develop in tandem with a baby's temperament, however, this can only be stretched so far. Babies are not complete blank slates at birth. All babies possess the hereditary information of their parents, and will have genetic predispositions before a social environment can even affect them. In other words, predetermined fundamental aspects of a baby's personality will already exist, before society, education, teaching strategies, parents, and other factors, can affect it.
Absentia

Pro

I accept, my opponent may argue first.
alymosier

Con

alymosier forfeited this round.
Absentia

Pro

Okay so I don't have much time and with the time on this debate I'll probably end up forfeiting the next round, so I'll post a few arguments though not in depth. I'll further them in my next responding round. Round 4 maybe?

Okay so first I would like to bring up two key definitions of envirnment.

3. the social and cultural forces that shape the life of a person or apopulation.
4.Computers. the hardware or software configuration, or the mode ofoperation, of a computer system: (http://dictionary.reference.com...)

These definitions will come in handy later.

First I would like to argue that of Tabula Rasa which is the blank slate at birth. If we look at John Locke's Essay Concerning Human Understanding, we can see that Locke uses the analogy of a white blank sheet of paper for someone who is newly born, henceforth they cannot be called for to hatered or any other human emotion. That this sheet has no rules or data, but it isn't until an individual begins to have sensory expierence does that individual start to expierence the rules and data that make them who they are today. (
Locke, John, An Essay Concerning Human Understanding, Kenneth P. Winkler (ed.), pp. xix (Editor's Introduction) and 33–36 (Book II, Chap. I, 1–9), Hackett Publishing Company, Indianapolis, IN, 1996 [1689].) When we further this we can see that many others also viewed similiar, but the thing is that French Philosopher Rousseau showed that tabula Rasa is a bad thing as it shows that the individual is like a machine and you can program this blank slate. This is what occurs with brainwashing and why we have public schools, but I'm not going to get into that tangent. Due to this the traits don't matter as that's like saying this blank paper is made from a cherrychoke tree instead of a red wood. Overal it's still a blank slate. To back this we can observe the work of Freud and we can observe that the human's genetic and family traits have nothing to do and do not affect the blank slate as it is only the person's exposure to the envirnment.

With that I'll pass it back off to my opponent. Good luck.
alymosier

Con

alymosier forfeited this round.
Absentia

Pro

Absentia forfeited this round.
alymosier

Con

alymosier forfeited this round.
Absentia

Pro

Absentia forfeited this round.
alymosier

Con

alymosier forfeited this round.
Absentia

Pro

Absentia forfeited this round.