Children born in the near future will live to an average age of 120 years or more.

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Recent scientific advances may prove to greatly extend life spans through genetic activation and cell replication in humans.

I chose to accept this argument because I am not excluding the possibility of your hypothesis but rather point out that it has no facts directly supporting it's claim and is at most a prediction which can not possibly be proved until it happens.

Since this has not happened yet and cannot be proved it is not a true statement unless someone turns 120 years old by the time this debate is over. Which is also impossible since no one is 119 years old.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church" Ephesians 5:22-23D

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)

"The following bible verses should prove that women are nothing but sex dolls" (Dagen 1:1)

Dagen, those are biblical verses followed by your quote, used by you in a previous debate in order to prove a point, this infers that you believe what the bible states to be true.

I will list a few ages of biblical characters, Joshua 110, Moses 120, Joseph 110, Abraham 175, Noah 950. If you believe the bible is true and based on your previous debate, you do. Well then Dagen, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to believe in the possibility of a 120 year life span in the future.

Well.... If you would've actually read the argument and were a smart human being, you would know that I was disproving a claim from someone who believed in the bible, and their argument contradicted their beliefs, so I pointed it out. I do not believe in god nor follow the bible. Also you should know that, that particular topic was to my amusement to see how people react to certain topics.

But you realized how little support your claim has, so you proceeded to make an attack on me that would make me look appalling.

Even so that is completely irrelevant due to the fact that your argument is based on scientific evidence and not based on religious aspects like the bible.

You still have yet to prove your claim.

Your hypocrisy is overwhelming, the debate referenced in round 2, proceeded to attack an entire sex in the human race for "amusement to see how people react to certain topics." You think I have made you look appalling? I troll as much as anyone, but even a troll has to draw the line somewhere

A well-supported hypothesis leads to theory. Discussion is an important aspect of the process from hypothesis to theory.

In 1900, average life expectancy was approximately 45 years-old, currently the average life span is approximately 80 years-old. In over a hundred years, the average life span has nearly doubled. The greatest gains in age extension are still to come with the recent achievment of mapping the human genome and the ability to splice genes to create genetically modified organisms (GMO's)

In science, research is first performed on subjects in a lab, eventually leading to larger trials of research. Researchers in the US have been successful in adjusting genetic pathways in worms expanding their lifespan by a factor of five.

Regenerative medicine has made huge advancements in the ability to reproduce aging cells, utilizing stem cells, in order to replace aging organs within the human body. Eliminating the need for donors to donate organs that may not be an exact match, reducing the possibility of the body rejecting the new organ.

Advancements in Cancer, AIDS, disease prevention and containment will also contribute to the increased life-span.

From this point on, I would ask that you please troll in a less offensive manner, or else you risk giving us trolls a bad name.

You're making irrelevant arguments and straying from the point.

You would have a good argument if your source was reliable.
For one you cited from a privately owned magazine... Which would get you a zero if writing a paper in college.

Second the sites first two feature articles are titled "do you live in Americas healthiest states" and "McDonald's cuts and computerizes their Menus"

That doesn't sound scientific to me much less important to any subject.
Not to mention the article was written by a writer with no degree and was about an experiment to extend the lives of worms which supposedly succeeded by isolating variables and having a controlled environment to remove failing parts and add better ones.

The equivalent to keeping a human hospitalized all of his/her life while changing out any used up parts to squeeze out as much life from the unlucky person as possible.

Not something id want done
Posted by 2PartyFarce 1 year ago
Seriously, Dagen, well I wrote my arguments and I have two college degrees, currently working on a third, so if that's what this debate is based on, then I win. What a jackwagon.
Vote Placed by gomergcc 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: While it was a very weak argument and Pro did not stay on topic, at least Pro had a argument. Overall a very disappointing debate.