AhkeemB
Alex.Fisher

Children given access to their records

AhkeemB

Pro

Do you believe that children should be given access to their records to tell who their biological parents are or to know their family history?
Alex.Fisher

Con

I accept the challenge.

I will be arguing that children should not be given access to their records, in order to tell who their biological parents are.
AhkeemB

Pro

AhkeemB forfeited this round.
Alex.Fisher

Con

Okay, as an argument was not offered by my opponent, I will make the 1st argument.

Children should NOT be give access to their records for the simple fact that they are children. Children are often too naive to understand why they have been separated from their parents, and might wish to be reunited, when it would actually benefit them to stay separate as the parent is a bad influence/unable to bring them up and provide for them.

Whether children are given access to their records should not be compulsory, as suggested by the title. Some children may not want to know their parents, so to tell them bluntly is not in their interest. It should be a decision taken by the child.

On decisions, an adult can make a more informed decision than a child about whether they want to be given access to their records, as they are more mature, and they know how knowing their biological parents will affect their life.

I hope my opponent will respond...
AhkeemB

Pro

AhkeemB forfeited this round.
Alex.Fisher

Con

Thank you, thank you very much.