Zhansaya
aigana

Children should be physically punished

Zhansaya

Pro

The motion for this debate is whether children should be punished for their offence. I am taking "For" side. 2 rounds is for arguing and the last one is concluding arguments.
All children misbehave as at the beginning they simply don't know what is good and what is bad. Discipline of children is essential part of bringing them up and their health development, it is as important as feeding them or clothing. It has to be both physical and mental. But many parents get confused about physical discipline and I do not get reasons to be afraid of it.
1. First of all, physical punishment implies spanking/slapping and making child do something (eating soup, for example). In my opinion, the misbehavior of children has become a problem of our time. Parents cannot deal with their own children anymore, they get nervous and ashamed of children's awful acting on people. Of course, there is always a possibility of mental discipline - talking and explaining things. But from my own experience, I can surely say that it actually doesn't always work well. Good if child understands you, which happens sometimes. But what about cases when instead of it he gets mad and hits you? Especially, in the public place and he cannot calm down. I think that the child has to realize who his parents are and what respect he should have. Spanking may work in this case.
2. "Once burned, twice shy". Getting hit once, there is a chance that he would understand that it is bad thing and he should avoid doing it. The child tries different things out of curiosity and there is always danger for his life. Talks don't work in this case - it can even provoke bigger interest and desire to try. One little spank can show him that he should never try it again.
aigana

Con

Con

I deem that this topic is quiet controversial, but still I do not agree with the opinion of my opponent. Children are human beings and as a result have the same human rights as anyone else. They are amongst the most vulnerable members of society, it is society's duty to protect them and their rights. I do not support the motion because of the following reasons.

Firstly, parents are powerful figures and they tend to be a lot older than their children. It means they have had plenty of time to mature and become big and strong. They must not use the vulnerable side of children. It is better to start nurturing, talking to children in a proper way from little ages.

Besides, physical force teaches children to bully. Laying your hands on your child to make them behave instead of reasoning with them shows that you as a parent have lost control and that you are not intelligent or patient enough to teach them properly. Teaching your children to fear and hate you might make them obey you, but not for the right reasons. The are easily influenced and usually learn things from their parents, thus physical punishment gives the message that hitting is an appropriate way to express feelings and to solve problems.
Zhansaya

Pro

Bringing children up and its rules remain different for society. in other words, it is not even proved yet how exactly should children be taught. And of course, children cannot become mature and polite in one moment. It is also a part of bringing up which should begin from child's birth. Otherwise, if parents wait till they are grown up to teach children good manners, they will suddenly realise that it is too late. Not just too late to say them something about behavior, but too late to actually change something. When person is grown-up it is hard and almost impossible to change him. And he reminds the same person - impolite, selfish and rude, just because parents didn't tell him anything in time.
And not all children really listen to what their parents say. I think that if words don't make sense to the child it is okay to remind him that they should by spank. This action will show child that he better have respect for the parents and listen to them.

Second thing is that proper use of physical force - I don't mean drubbing - will not cause children to hate everybody and bully others. It will better explain children that this is bad and he shouldn't do it again. This is the case when memory works - the child got slapped, it is a bad memory, he doesn't want to have it again and therefore never will do.
aigana

Con

Firstly, I do not think that children who are selfish, ignorant and disobedient will improve their behavior because of physical punishment. Probably they will become afraid of their parents, which will result in hatred, as it is not human nature to feel loving toward someone who hurts us. Punishment, even when it appears to work, can produce only superficially good behavior based on fear. Thus, there is a possibility that those children can become bully towards other people in order to express their feelings, until the child is old enough to resist their parents. Later, by reaching definite age feeling the freedom from parents he can Furthermore, many parents never learned in their own childhood that there are positive ways of relating to children. When punishment does not accomplish the desired goals, and if the parent is unaware of alternative methods, punishment can lead to more frequent and dangerous actions against the child. The kid will become socially isolated, insecure and feel different from the surrounding him/her people.

Besides, I want to add that by using physical punishment you teach the child to use violence to solve their problems. The job of the parent is to be the responsible, hitting or spanking child is not the best solution. Certainly, it requires patience to talk to children and explain everything in a right way, but being a parent is always difficult and choosing the easiest way to calm child is not reasonable.
Zhansaya

Pro

This way, the children should be physically punished for several reasons:
Actions make more sense than just words
Children are taught to have respect for adults
Bringing up should mix mental and physiacl discipline
They also are taught to use physical force, which can be pretty beneficial
aigana

Con

In conclusion, I would like to restate my arguments why children should not be physically punished.
1. It will result in violence towards the society.
2. Children can become socially isolated and mentally ill.
3. Children are taught to use physical force in order to solve problems.
4. It is immoral and not supported by human rights.
Posted by Aldi 3 years ago
Aldi
kak malo napisasala!! Aigana teper' pokazhi ei kto tut The big Mama in de house!!!!
Posted by Aldi 3 years ago
Aldi
Now Zhansik turn to show who is The Papa in de house. LOL)))
Posted by Aldi 3 years ago
Aldi
i3;m1; k4;l6;l6;k3;m7;k7;)) k4;l9;n3; k5;l8;m1;l7;l7;k2; l7;l6; l9;l7;l0;l2;l0;l5;k5;m1; k9;k6;k7;l9;n0; k3;l3;l0;l5;))))