AlwaysRight12345
Anusree2000

Children should receive vaccinations.

AlwaysRight12345

AlwaysRight12345

Pro

First round is acceptance. Voters, please don't vote solely for forfeiture. This debate is on whether or not children should receive vaccinations, and I am saying yes.
Anusree2000

Con

This debate is on whether or not children should receive vaccinations, and I am saying no.Voters think over it and vote .
I strongly believe that students should not receive vacations
AlwaysRight12345

Pro

In an ideal society, everyone would be healthy. Vaccines prevent sickness, and therefore work at this goal. In addition, childhood is the most important time to get vaccinated to build strong antibodies and be able to fight off disease in their adulthood. Parents shouldn't be able to stand in the way of their children's good health because of radical and incorrect suppositions.

Another reason would be herd immunity. Everyone has the right to protect everyone else by being vaccinated. That way, if someone who physically cannot get the vaccine (such as someone with an allergy, an elderly person or a baby) is almost as immune as everyone else because nobody else has the sickness. This only works if everyone around them is vaccinated, so in order to protect this, we need to keep people vaccinated.

Vaccinations work well. A couple of diseases that are no longer majorly present in first-world countries because of vaccinations are smallpox, polio, tuberculosis, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough and so on. There is proof that vaccines are the reason: Recently, in California, there was an outbreak of measles because so many people there are not vaccinated and in a crowd. The measles disease rapidly spread and now many people are infected. This is another example of why herd immunity is so important.

In conclusion, children indisputably need to get vaccines. They promote health well, and provide herd immunity.
Anusree2000

Con

Our society needs to be healthy, we want it to be healthy.But does that mean that we start giving vaccinations to every person would help in being disease free. In olden days there were no vaccines but still the rate of getting ill was very less.
there are natural ways for protecting ourselves from the diseases.

Moreover the chances of getting ill have increased from the past when there were no vaccinations.

Pharmaceutical Companies Can"t Be Trusted. ALL Vaccines are Loaded with Chemicals and other Poisons which make the immune system of a lad weaker and if confronted by a disease takes a longer time to heal. Fully Vaccinated Children are the Unhealthiest, Most Chronically Ill Children I Know.A Number of Vaccines Have Already Had Problems/Been Removed from the Market so you can't trust all vaccines maybe you would take the vaccine now but later you come to know that the vaccine is faulty. You Can Always Get Vaccinated, But You Can Never Undo a Vaccination.

Vaccination does not guarantee even immediate immunity, and boosters are necessary for all vaccinations.
I think there is no care taken of our body,immune system or our health by ourselves ... we don't want to prevent it by natural methods and take vaccinations which gradually weaken your immune system. There are new diseases which have originated recent days because of our practices.

So I conclude on saying that children must not be given so many vaccinations that their body becomes weaker.
AlwaysRight12345

Pro

First off, let me make a quick clarification. The rate of getting ill was NOT less before vaccines, in the "olden days." My opponent seems to have forgotten my point about smallpox, polio, tuberculosis, diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and so on. In fact, according to the Washington Post, the measles vaccine alone saves about 1 million lives every year.

Second, vaccines don't make the immune system weaker. The way most vaccines work is allowing the immune system to create an antigen to the disease in question. According to the Center for Disease Control, the adverse effects of vaccines are nearly nonexistent, and children are strongly recommended for vaccines.

Perhaps some vaccines HAVE been removed from the market. My response to this is: so what? Anything could be recalled. Your drinking water MIGHT be turned off because it's contaminated and filtered. Does this mean you'll never drink water? The situation is the same with vaccines. If you want to stay healthy, you have to take the slight risk that the vaccine is not entirely perfect.

His supposition that vaccines give only adverse affects (provided in his conclusion paragraph) is unsupported and entirely refuted by my point that the measles vaccine alone saves a million lives a year.

In conclusion, I have not yet seen a single legitimate point against vaccines. Thus, I affirm.
Anusree2000

Con

Anusree2000 forfeited this round.
AlwaysRight12345

Pro

My opponent has forfeited the last round, so all of my arguments flow through. However, I have been reading the comments, and some people seem to have misunderstood the herd immunity point, and the resolution itself. So, I will elaborate.

Herd Immunity:
Some people have children who physically cannot get vaccinated, such as if they have a condition that doesn't allow it. Well, this is all the more reason for other people to get vaccinated: herd immunity. If nobody near them has the disease, how are they going to get it? Of course, they still can contract the disease, but the chances are much lower. So, we need to get vaccinated to protect others.

The Resolution:
The resolution of this debate is: Children should get vaccinations. It is not: The government should force children to get vaccinations. It is an easy resolution that just means that it is in the most childrens's best interest to get vaccinated.

Also, I want to note that although it is a conduct violation to forfeit, it is a MAJOR conduct violation to bring up new points or refutations in the final round, especially when you are the final speaker. As such, anything he says that brings up any new concepts in the coming round should be disregarded. In fact, the only round that you are allowed to bring up new refutations is the argument after the points are posted. I noted at the beginning that one should not vote solely on forfeiture, but what I meant by this is that one should not quickly scroll through the debate, see that my opponent forfeited and then vote only on that. So, the conduct vote still goes to me.

Now I will sum up this debate.
I have won. Here is the reason for your full decision in my favor:
1. I have refuted all of my opponent's points and all of mine were conceded.
2. I have won on spelling and grammar because I have not made a single mistake on spelling and grammar whereas my opponent seemed to feel the need to capitalize every word in his most recent round to the point some of it was almost incoherent.
3. I have won on sources because I provided sources in my 3rd round whereas my opponent never did.
4. I have won on conduct because my opponent forfeited a round (possibly 2).
5. I have won on all fronts and therefore, every vote should be 7 points to me.
Anusree2000

Con

Anusree2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by Fuzzed 1 year ago
Fuzzed
I felt it was a debate between science and speculative never clear websites all over the internet.

Im also a Vet student, so im aware of the science of it, and one side clearly understood what the other did not.

An example: Formaldehyde is bad, therefor in a vaccine its criminal and dangerous.
The fact is, that most citrus fruit you eat have a quantity of Cyanide within them. Quantity is just as, and sometimes more, important then the quality of the toxin.
Posted by Wa 1 year ago
Wa
Holy crap are you ignorant have you even looked at the video? She's a pretty well known scientist. So why don't you tell me how the government saying something makes it right automatically but me giving you a video to look at is wrong jeez.
Posted by JMCika 1 year ago
JMCika
I can find a video of a unicorn craping out sweet rolls. The doesn't make it scrience.
Posted by JMCika 1 year ago
JMCika
I can find a video of a unicorn carping out sweet rolls. The doesn't make it scrience.
Posted by JMCika 1 year ago
JMCika
Posted by Wa 1 year ago
Wa
Here's an excellent video about how GMOs cause many diseases https://vimeo.com...
Posted by Wa 1 year ago
Wa
But vaccines give an extremely temporary immunity, which can last from anywhere between a month and a couple years, and a lot of the time they don't even give an immunity. The way the virus(and its modified so it's nothing similar to the actual virus...) is delivered is very un natural, virus need to go through multiple layers of the immune system before they come into contact with the blood. And I hate to make a debate out of this but vaccines are one out of MANY causes of autism but let's not fight this now. Another cause of autism and the main cause is a lack of sulphate metabolites caused by GMO foods...

Just cause some doctor has a degree doesn't mean he knows better, they are just fed very biased information and aren't allowed to question it...
Posted by JMCika 1 year ago
JMCika
Yes I have the right to be fat and happy but what if my child has a disease the prevents him from being vaccinated? Why should my child be at risk because you think you know more than a doctor? Antivaxers claim they do research but in reality they look at anecdotal evidence, not scientific. Don't give me the vaccines cause autism crap. The doctor who published that study is in jail for fraud.
Posted by Wa 1 year ago
Wa
AlwaysRight12345 I hope your aware that polio was introduced via a vaccine!!!
Posted by TheAllMightyDestroyer 1 year ago
TheAllMightyDestroyer
There are many reasons not to get vaccinated. If you dislike the thought of aborted fetal tissue, if you are medically exempt or if it's just a personal prefrance. Even personal prefrance is a viable reason. You have the undenied right to be fat and happy, live off the government and be happy, drive a motorcycle even though all of those things are dangerous. Why not leave this the same way? If you take away a persons rights they will fight back. Even if the group is small they would still rebel. Fight to there last breath of they had to. People came here for freedom. Now we wish to their there freedom away from them.
Vote Placed by SlenderKitty 1 year ago
SlenderKitty
AlwaysRight12345Anusree2000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con spewed conspiracy theories, which costs him a point on the arguments side.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
AlwaysRight12345Anusree2000Tied
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
AlwaysRight12345Anusree2000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited. Con also made claims like "In olden days there were no vaccines but still the rate of getting ill was very less.", but provided no evidence. Many of Con's arguments are opinions and assumptions. Pro wins for sure.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
AlwaysRight12345Anusree2000Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture