Meganfaye7
alexis.kavallieros

Children twelve and up having to go to church

Meganfaye7

Con

By the time children are twelve, they have had enough experience in their lives to start making a few of their own choices in life: church being one. I understand that parents want their kids to learn about whatever beliefs they believe in, but why MAKE them go to church? Making them do something they don't want to do, will only make them want to rebel from the church and have a negative view on it.
alexis.kavallieros

Pro

Ladies and Genleman the motion for todays is why should children go to church. I personally believe that going to chuch is good for children beause they learn how to praise and more about religions. Children
Meganfaye7

Con

Yes, it is if that is what you believe in. Have you ever had to sit through something for hours, listening to someone preach/talk about something that you don't believe in/have interest in? The longer time period you have to go through this, the more negative thing it is.

I know this personally. I was forced to go to church when my father got a new girlfriend. I'm completely fine and have nothing against people who attend church, but I personally don't like attending a place that tells me how I should live. I had many "talks" with my dad about not wanting to attend because it wasn't what I believed in. They all ended up in a "battle to the death" arguments. It got to the point where I completely moved out and no longer see my father.

So now I ask you, why put any other child through that? If they don't want to attend church. Fine. Once they are older, they would most likely go back and appreciate it more.
alexis.kavallieros

Pro

alexis.kavallieros forfeited this round.
Meganfaye7

Con

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for taking your time to read this.
alexis.kavallieros

Pro

Thank you