ISTW
BLAHthedebator

Children under 10 should not be playing agar.io, minecraft, clash of clans, and computer game

Started: 10/12/2015 Category: Games

ISTW

Pro

I think children under 10 should not do as I say in my topic. Here is the simple for why. First of all , Ipad and stuff like that will hurt them eye. I have a friends that play Ipad game every day and now his eye's is 750 already. Second of all, game can let child lost in it. Some child even start to eat drag and stuff like that. Last , child can argue with they parents for buying a game. Like Minecraft. In China's App Store , it cost 45 dollars. Some child want play it so stole the money from them parents, and buy for that game. I have seem it by my own eye. I even seem a mom kneel to her daughter for not buy the expensive game and also don't get into the Internet cafesz90; In china's Internet cafes, often there is a boy or a girl that is only 8 or 9 years old. The biggest hurt is parents can by broke heart and those child who do that , they grade will slide off and some even start to do the bad thing. I have seem on the the Chinese news when I travel to the China. A group of boy is smoke and the youngest is 7 years old. They all do that by playing too much video game and meet the bad person to let they smoke. So, I don't think child under 10 should by playing video game.
BLAHthedebator

Con

I accept. The Burden of Proof is on Pro.

==Rebuttal 1: Pro is making huge generalizations==

The resolution implies that ALL children under ten years old shouldn't play video games. However, around 80% of Pro's arguments are either generalizations and not backed up with sources, or they only apply to SOME under-ten-year-olds.

==Rebuttal 2: For all we know, personal anecdotes could be lies==

My opponent uses anecdotes to back up his argument, but they are not proper sources because we don't know for sure if it is reliabe information. Therefore, disregard them.

==Rebuttal 3: My opponent's information is false==

Looking at a screen for too long actually won't cause eye damage [1.http://www.davidephraimod.com...].

"Your mom may have warned you that you would ruin your eyes forever if you sat too close to the television or if you watched too much of it. Unfortunately for mom, that's not true. Watching televisions, including LCDs and flat screens, can't cause your eyes any physical harm. The same is true for using the computer too much or watching 3-D movies. Your eyes may feel more tired if you sit too close to the TV or spend a lot of time working at the computer or watching 3-D movies, but you can fix that by giving your eyes a rest." - Mythbusters: Common Eye Myths [1]

Also, recent studies have found video games to have a POSITIVE effect on education and don't cause behavioral issues [2. http://blog.twitch.tv...]:

"According to a recent study, gamers are social... educated... socially conscious." - The New Face of Gamers [2]

"They’re more educated. Gamers are more likely to hold a college degree or higher (43% vs. 36%). The same is also true for gamers’ parents (52% vs. 37%)." - The New Face of Gamers [2]

==Conclusion==

My opponent's arguments have been completely refuted and are made up of huge generalizations.

I will leave it at that, for the moment. I await my opponent.I accept. The Burden of Proof is on Pro.

==Conclusion==

ISTW

Pro

ISTW forfeited this round.
BLAHthedebator

Con

Sorry about the double-paste in the first round. In the meantime, extend my arguments.
ISTW

Pro

ISTW forfeited this round.
BLAHthedebator

Con

BLAHthedebator forfeited this round.
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
This what happens when you speak chinese
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
%027;个pro是华文吗A311;他的!521;文像是华人的!521;文z90;
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
Very true
Posted by BLAHthedebator 1 year ago
BLAHthedebator
... My argument got duplicated