KingDebater
Bendurisgrate

Childrens' stockings should now be made rectangular to suit today's Cyber Techno Internet children.

Bendurisgrate

KingDebater

Pro

In this day and age, children don't have toys anymore, they have kindles and tablets and other square/rectangular things. That's why I call for childrens' stockings to now be made rectangular!
Kids are more straight today
It's not as good as it used to be! But hey, it fits today's cyber children better!

This is why I think that. It would just fit better. Besides, no child would get one individual massive sock for Christmas!

Bendurisgrate

Con

These days around children do in fact play and want toys for Christmas.The people that want things like bulky electronics are usually teens to adults even then they would not normally be put into stockings but rather wrapped and under the tree.
KingDebater

Pro

I should inform Con that now, all a child wants for xmas is a tablet and other technology and web pages such as Twit and facepage and everything. Children as young as 2 now use tablets [1]!

Also, tablets break easily so they'll always get a new one [2].

I know all about Cyber Techno internet "kids".

[1] http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
[2] http://psd.tutsplus.com...
Bendurisgrate

Con

First of I wish you a merry Christmas as this is the final round
From what I have observed from living in the Midwestern portion of the US is that children ages 0-10 seem more interested in things such as legos,trains,and cars.
Also you did not address my question of why they would be shoved in a stocking instead of being wrapped and placed under a tree.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Couldn't fit second
Posted by KingDebater 2 years ago
KingDebater
Picture from r1 http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
KingDebaterBendurisgrateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used better arguments, pointingbout most children like stuff like legos. Sources to pro since he used more. Spelling and grammar also to pro since con had numerous mistakes. This debate could've been a little better. Good luck to you both in the future.
Vote Placed by amik10 2 years ago
amik10
KingDebaterBendurisgrateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a very good debate. Conduct, and S&G were tied. Pro gave a very weak case, and con refuted it well by saying they should go under the tree which makes perfect sense. Pro was coming from the UK and con was from the USA , so their understanding of the topic varies, so they both sort of counter act each other in round 2. But b/c of the "under the tree" argument I give arguments to Con. Sources go to pro b/c he gave an example of young kids who want/have tablets. Overall this was a poor debate. Both sides need to be more aggressive. This seemed more like a chat between friends rather than a debate. Overall though I thought that Con won the debate.