Se7en7h_Phenom
Solomon_Grim

China will overtake America by 2050

Se7en7h_Phenom

Pro

This is what i think. Prove me wrong.
Solomon_Grim

Con

Depends on what you refer to as overtake.
1. Military Overtake- China has ocuppied America and is now the majority by using military power.
2. Economic Overtake- China is controlling America through economic means.

Depending on which one you chose depends on my debate.
Se7en7h_Phenom

Pro

Ithink both. China is to powerful and to aware of how valuable an asset we would be. And they have the military force to do so.
Solomon_Grim

Con

First, I will take on the military overtake. I will point out major cons in china's defense.
1. No navy
This one is self explaining. They stand as no threat to our navy.
2. To spread out
the majority of their military is handling internal problems. A lot of their military would have to stay in China.
3. Low technology
our weapons are far better than theirs.

Economy
China relies on exporting to keep their economy running. We are their biggest buyer. If we stopped buying from them, their entire economy would crumble.
Se7en7h_Phenom

Pro

Idisagree. They are the second largest economy in the world and the most grossing, even without our country as their buyer, they would most definately prosper. and they have no navy, correct. But they do in fact have an intact and very powerful air force operations.
Solomon_Grim

Con

China has nothing to gain from taking us over. They are an export country with us being the main buyer. Without us paying them, they couldn't pay their own debts and it continues on until we don't get out money. This causes a global economic collapse which means pretty much every country is not looking good. If you look at China, they need us. China is the only country of this size that doesn't have an ally. They somewhat have one in Russia, but that isn't strong enough to promise support. China not only needs us as the only close to being allies along with economic structure. As I have said, China depends on us importing goods. No one else buys as much as we do. The majority of things in China come from exporting surplus. If they stopped trading, they would fail. Plus, their Communist. No communist country lasts very long as a higher up power.
Se7en7h_Phenom

Pro

Se7en7h_Phenom forfeited this round.
Solomon_Grim

Con

Vote for me
Se7en7h_Phenom

Pro

i forfeit to my opponent
Solomon_Grim

Con

Ya for victory
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I know people from here who are setting up industries and schools in China, they are really pushing the education of all their inhabitants, especially children.
A professor I met who is helping set up their education system has a similar prediction, that the average student will have a much higher scientific knowledge than the average US citizen.
His reasoning was that US has several states where Creationists are holding or trying to hold science education down, thus holding the education of the entire nation down.
China has no creationists to hold their science education down.
Australia is assisting their education and since Australia banned Creationism from their public school system years ago, likely Australia will lead US as well within that time.
Though it looks like Australia is already ahead, because the US is trying to poach Australian scientists, the US doesn't have any as good.
Possibly due to the Creationist influence!
Posted by Se7en7h_Phenom 3 years ago
Se7en7h_Phenom
By all means, state these points. This is my first debate so Im new
Posted by Solomon_Grim 3 years ago
Solomon_Grim
We are good friends in real life and have debated already. I was giving him the chance toshow his points first, which he didn't.
Posted by Avamys 3 years ago
Avamys
I see no strong arguments. Pro could have stated numbers that show China's growing economy as the second biggest market in the world, or the larger amount of money spent on the military. Technological development such as space exploration could have been mentioned. China in one of the few countries has nuclear weapons, and it has made a lot of breakthroughs militarywise, such as the building of their first air carrier and developing their very own military jets. Pro could also have mentioned America's debts, which may lead to a decreased funding of the military and therefore slower development.

Con could have said something about China not owning any air carriers that it has built on its own, or that its fighter jets are not as advanced. Con could also have mentioned that the US has a larger influence on many other countries, and that its market is bigger than China's.

A lot of points could have been made, but I do not see any.