XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX
Diqiucun_Cunmin

Chocolate is the best candy.

Diqiucun_Cunmin

XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX

Pro

I believe that chocolate is indeed the best form of sweet. It is delicious, and has a taste that no other food can ever equal.
1. The source below evaluates the chemical wiring of the human brains to like chocolate. I only read the first paragraph, but it looked fairly reliable.
http://www.sciencedaily.com...

2. Chocolate is made from a fascinating plant. Apparently it is made of fruits, which are healthy in any situation, which is completely indisputable.
http://www.chocolate.org...

3. Obama likes chocolate, and he is the leader of the free world. You can't disagree with his taste.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Diqiucun_Cunmin

Con

I hereby accept the debate. I will argue that dried figs, not chocolate, are the best type of candy. I wish my opponent good luck.

Constructive case

C1) Dried figs are vastly beneficial to health
The fibre, vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese and pantothetic acid content of dried figs all put it in the 'good' category. It can lower blood pressure, help lose weight and protect the body against posmenopausal breast cancer. (1)

However, chocolate contains comparatively less fibre if we look at milk chocolate, which is usually used to produce candy. It has 1.3 g (2), while figs have 1.45 g. (1)

C2) Dried figs are natural
Unlike chocolate, dried figs have gone through much less processing before being sold as candy. This can be proven by the fact that dried figs used as candy resemble their natural form, while chocolate does not look like cacao beans at all.

Although you may argue that this is an appeal is nature, one must remember that processed foods have less guarantee of health. (3)

Rebuttals

R1) The chemical wiring of the human brains to like chocolate
My opponent claims, based on the first paragraph of an article, that the chemical wiring of the human brain likes chocolate, but he fails to point out that 'The signature reads 'chocolate lovers' in some people and indifference to the popular sweet in others' - which indicates that the candy does not appeal to all.

R2) Chocolate is made from a fascinating plant.
The value of a candy has little relevance with whether the plant is fascinating. Rafflesia and venus fly-traps are both very fascinating plants, but few would be willing to consume a candy produced from them.

My opponent also asserts that all fruits are healthy, and that this is completely indisputable. First, I would like to state that no fruits are healthy in excess. Coconut, for example, contains saturated fats, which may raise cholesterol levels. (4) Although chocolate does have health benefits, it also carries quite a bit of risk, including low bone density and headaches in migraine sufferers. Processed milk chocolate also has high sugar and fat content, which raises your calories. (5)

R3) Obama likes chocolate, and he is the leader of the free world.
This is an appeal to authority. Obama may have expertise in politics, but taste in candy is certainly not encompassed by the field of politics.

(1) http://www.whfoods.com...
(2) http://www.sofeminine.co.uk...
(3) https://www.insidetracker.com...
(4) http://www.quickanddirtytips.com...;
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX

Pro

XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX forfeited this round.
Diqiucun_Cunmin

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent appears to have forfeited this round. I extend all arguments.
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX

Pro

Diqiucun_Cunmin

Con

I extend all arguments.
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX

Pro

Diqiucun_Cunmin

Con

Extend all arguments.
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxX

Pro

Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 2 years ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
OMG, considering the username, you're probably right. Maybe bhu? Surely Mikal wouldn't make these weak arguments?
Posted by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
And I suspect the deactivated opponent of yours to be an alt of someone ... maybe bhu or Mikal
Posted by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
@2ninjacat, in non-Commonwealth countries chocolate is a form of candy. @Diquicun, dried figs are popular here too lol
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 2 years ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Thanks 2ninjacat, but it appears that my opponent has deactivated. :( Also, if you've never had dried figs, you've never lived :P
Posted by 2ninjacat 2 years ago
2ninjacat
Good luck to Con who argues that dried figs are better than chocolate. This will be an interesting debate- I have never had dried figs. Good luck you two!
Posted by 2ninjacat 2 years ago
2ninjacat
I thought there was 1.chocolate and 2. candy. I didn't think chocolate was candy. ???
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxXDiqiucun_CunminTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxXDiqiucun_CunminTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Khana 2 years ago
Khana
XxSwAgG_x_ScOpEzZxXDiqiucun_CunminTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit debates are always sad :( Con wins by virtue of Pro's forfeits, but also because his/her arguments were superior.