cupcakelover68
Xenofloppy

Chocolate milk is healthy.

Xenofloppy

cupcakelover68

Pro

Chocolate milk is healthy because it contains the same 9 nutrients as white milk. Chocolate milk drinkers are not heavier than non-milk drinkers. You can find an explanation video to support this at youtube.com and type in Midwest Diary Chocolate Milk nurse. This topic is well known and many people say that yes, chocolate milk is healthy... under 2 conditions. If the chocolate milk is LOW FAT and that you do not drink chocolate milk too much. Thank you and please comment on this topic! If you have any suggestions please reply to this comment. If you may know me, please also reply too.
Xenofloppy

Con

Instigator has claims set the chocolate milk is healthy.

However, Instigator has not taken a few things into consideration:

Studies show that in 8 oz of chocolate milk, there is approximately 3 teaspoons of sugar is added to chocolate milk.[1] That's almost as much as soda, which the example I'll use, Cola, has 11 teaspoons in a 16 oz soda (44g of sugar), which is 4.5 teaspoons of sugar in an 8 oz soda.[2] Also, even if the chocolate milk was low-fat, fat is not the same thing as sugar.

Why is sugar a big deal, you ask? Well, sugar is high in fructose, or fruit sugar. Too much of it can overload your liver, can also give you Type II cancer, raises your chorestrol level (giving you a higher risk of heart diesese), among many other things. And since it also releases dopamine, a "feel good" chemical, sugar is highly addictive.[3]

Point: Chocolate milk is much less healthier than normal milk, since it contains much more sugar that normal lactose milk. Some thing as sugary and addicting as chocolate milk can cause one to contract many dieseses/cancers.

I await Instigator's next argument.

[1]http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
[2]https://www.google.com...
[3]http://authoritynutrition.com...

cupcakelover68

Pro

cupcakelover68 forfeited this round.
Xenofloppy

Con

Instigator has forfeited this round. I will hold my argument in case he wishes to continue.
cupcakelover68

Pro

cupcakelover68 forfeited this round.
Xenofloppy

Con

Instigator has yet again forfeited. I will conclude that he could not think of a valid argument.
Posted by Xenofloppy 3 years ago
Xenofloppy
I just realized we need to wait like a whole year for the results to come out ._.
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
When rudeness is in good humour, then in good humour it shall be taken as!
Posted by Xenofloppy 3 years ago
Xenofloppy
I don'y personally think SonicGhost is rude, he's always like that, regardless of whether it's the internet or not xD
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
RKC2001, I did not mean to be rude, but it was a continuation joke to Xenofloppy from class, I didn't mean offense.
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
I did not mean to be rude, but me and Xenofloppy are personal friends, just fyi...... back to the argument!

The term "LOW FAT" is comparative. The term is stating that the 98% of the milk's original fat has been rid of. That doesn't always mean that the product is really "Low" in the fat department, seeing that cupcakelover68 has forfeited, I conclude my argument.
Posted by amand_m201 3 years ago
amand_m201
I believe chocolate milk is healthy in moderation. This because it is a better alternative than sugaring drinks for kids who dislike the taste of regular milk.
Posted by amand_m201 3 years ago
amand_m201
Posted by RKC2001 3 years ago
RKC2001
To SonicGhost: You don't have to be rude. Xenofloppy to me is doing a better job that cupcakelover68.

To Whatever stranger might be lurking in the shadows: Chocolate milk is one word... UNHEALTHY! There is so much sugar in chocolate milk, that there is almost enough of the sugar in there for a 20 FL OZ of Pepsi.
Come on.
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
Because the comment was too long, I had to cut some out, here is the rest.

As to address the second condition that PRO stated "that you do not drink chocolate milk too much." How much is too much? PRO did not expound on this concept, but this concept can be proven wrong by using my first point. Most people drink at least a cup, and looking at my argument, 1 cup has 24g of sugar in it. When your breakfast contains 12/19 of your daily intake limit for sugar, is that really worth it? In the stereotypical family, dessert is a common addition, and that 14g of sugar comes easily with that.
Posted by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
Already gonna vote for pro.....

Con, you have to base your arguments around hypothetical scenarios as to force the audience to believe what you say....

Such as....

Chocolate milk is extremely saturated with sugar.
Amount Per 1 cup (250 g)
Calories 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated fat 5 g25%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 150 mg6%
Potassium 418 mg11%
Total Carbohydrate 26 g8%
Dietary fiber 2 g8%
Sugar 24 g
Protein 8 g16%
Caffeine 5 mg
Vitamin A4%Vitamin C3%
Calcium28%Iron3%
Vitamin D32%Vitamin B-65%
Vitamin B-1213%Magnesium8%
(source: Google)
24g of Sugar is the equivalent of around 75% of a can of soda. According to the AHA (American Heart Association) the average male should only intake 38g of sugar per day, but remember this is about a man, Chocolate milk is usually consumed by the juvenile community, and therefore that number is arbitrary.
Also, these sugars are added sugars and therefore have added health concerns which I will go into on the next round.
Drinks like these are the main reason for "Diabeetus" and other related illnesses. We should not encourage our offspring to partake in such practises as drinking 6 tablespoons of sugar just in their morning milk. There are many alternatives such as cereal, which provides a satisfying way to drink their milk.
Although the counter argument to my last point may be " There is a lot of sugar in modern cereals", Cereals these days usually contain whole wheat, and other nutrients, and therefore in the grand scheme of things, is still healthier than the dread chocolate milk,

Con, you suck at arguing.
Vote Placed by SonicGhost 3 years ago
SonicGhost
cupcakelover68XenofloppyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro quit. Check my argument in the comments section.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
cupcakelover68XenofloppyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF 2 rounds and didn't present good argumentts.
Vote Placed by Nulosaur 3 years ago
Nulosaur
cupcakelover68XenofloppyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF'd. All points to Con.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
cupcakelover68XenofloppyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had refutations of Pro's arguments and pro forfeited
Vote Placed by MrVan 3 years ago
MrVan
cupcakelover68XenofloppyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses conduct and arguments for forfeiting. Though he did vaguely cite sources, he didn't provide any. Con proved to have a more convincing argument, provided sources, and displayed better grammatical skills than his opponent.