fire_wings
caty44444444

Choose the Topic debate!!!

fire_wings

Pro

Resolution: Choose the Topic Debate!

Strucutre

Round 1, accept and put 5 debate topics.

Round 2, I choose a topic, and you write definitons

Round 3-5, anything.

Rules

1. No forfeiting
2. No trolling
3. No plag.

caty44444444

Con

Hi I accept

Family is more important than friends
Graffiti: Art or Vandalism
City or Country
The olympic games are a waste of money
Girls and boys should go to different schools
fire_wings

Pro

I choose family is more important then friends PRO

caty44444444

Con

Thank you for choosing that topic, I wrote it first because I really wanted you to choose it! Also HUGE thank you for choosing PRO. No harsh feelings if you loose, anyway I'd like to say good luck and let the debate officially begin!

Good Morning/Afternoon,
Ladies and gentleman,

Family is not more important than friends because you can choose your friends but you're stuck with your family. We argue that friends are necessary for our emotional and social well being throughout life. Family is important when you are young because they physically look after you, but as you get older - and that is most of your life - family takes a backseat to friends, as we don't need them to look after us. In fact, family is the cause of many problems, and we are stuck with them

In my first round I will be talk about the emotional benefits of friends and in my second round I will talk about the social benefits of friends. And in my third round I will sum up my arguments.

And now to begin my case. Friends are like counsellors - friends share deepest secrets with each other - the secrets that nobody knows not even the family. Friends feel relaxed together - they participate in activities together, they share similar interests and spend lots of time together. Because of this trust develops - you develop confidence, whereas in families there is often competition between siblings for the parents attention. Your sibling often dobs on you to get the upper hand. You sibling may have totally different interests, but you're stuck with them - but friends and compatibility, you choose.

Secondly, friends are generally in the same age group as you and understand the complications in you're life. They too are going through exams, bullying, puberty, romance, marriage, divorce, parenthood etc. They share your experiences and are more tolerant of how you handle things than family are - who are more likely to boss you, preach at you and put you down for your problems. I'd choose a friend for support but I'm stuck with my family. Lastly, you choose friends that understand you, they get you. They may not be exactly like but they respect you, and don't take you for granted. They don't tell you to do chores or expect you to be brilliant. Because you choose each other, you respect each other - more so than if you are stuck with a family member you don't get along with.

Family is not more important than friends, simply because you don't get to choose them - you're stuck with what you're born with - no say in the matter - no control. But friends, you have a choice here, you can pick the ones that make you happy, support you and share you're ups and downs. They are human superglue. I choose friends forever.

This concludes my first round of this debate. I'd like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate challenge. I appreciate any comments and votes. Feel free to challenge me to future debates. Thank you once again!

Happy Debating,
Caty44444444
fire_wings

Pro

Really sorry for the inconvience, but Con wasn't supposed to make his arguments right now. I can challenge Con in a later time, probably next time, but because Con did not follow the rules, you are supposed to vote me, but let's just tie it. Another debate (the same topic) will be debated together by both of us.
caty44444444

Con

Oh, so I was meant to create new debate and challenge you!
Oke, soz i didn't understand earlier! :(
fire_wings

Pro

okay. we tie this debate.
caty44444444

Con

Yeah, um hi

so, ah

NO ONE VOTE ON THIS DEBATE!~

ps. you do know, you could of made this debate 3 rounds only!

Anyways I have already challenged you and stuff
fire_wings

Pro

Tie

p.S. i DIDN'T KNOW WHAT DEBATE I SHOULD HAVE DONE. I'll accept it few days later if that is fine for you.
caty44444444

Con

caty44444444 forfeited this round.
Posted by caty44444444 8 months ago
caty44444444
Soz I didn't make that clear, I meant It's better to live in the city than the country. Soz
Posted by fire_wings 8 months ago
fire_wings
caty, what do you mean by city, or country?
Posted by caty44444444 9 months ago
caty44444444
I want to debate you!
Posted by Corm_onthe_Cob 9 months ago
Corm_onthe_Cob
The reason I asked what makes you so special was to see if you would clarify what makes you the one people want to debate with so much that they will wait another week before they can choose a topic to debate you on when they could just make their own and debate a stranger that would be just as qualified as you.
The answer to your extremely broad question is this: I enjoy doing debates because I feel that others use this website to try and push their opinions so I like to prove them wrong. I also like to make funny debates because I enjoy 'proving people wrong' about funny subjects, like my most recent debate "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong". I hope I have answered your question. :)
Posted by fire_wings 9 months ago
fire_wings
I never said I was special. My question: Why do you even do debates?
Posted by Corm_onthe_Cob 9 months ago
Corm_onthe_Cob
What makes you so special?
Posted by fire_wings 9 months ago
fire_wings
@Corm, but they don't know who their opponent is.
Posted by Corm_onthe_Cob 9 months ago
Corm_onthe_Cob
You do realize that if somebody wants to choose their own debate topic that they can just start their own and not have to wait until the 31st...
Posted by fire_wings 9 months ago
fire_wings
After the 31st.
Posted by famousdebater 9 months ago
famousdebater
When do you plan on deciding an opponent?