butterflyprincess3
Loveshismom

Choose your topic

butterflyprincess3

butterflyprincess3

Con

I'm in the mood for any topic, but please choose a creative and interesting topic. You will be pro and I will be con. Forfeiting is frowned upon. Round 1 is just accepting and choosing the topic.
Loveshismom

Pro

I will argue that I will lose this debate and provide joke arguments.
butterflyprincess3

Con

Thank you for accepting. I will argue that you will win this debate.

1. You are a troll
Trolls are very intelligent, although annoying creatures. Internet trolls can find thousands, or even millions, of ways to annoy others. Trolls are thoughtful and you are a perfect example of one. For example, you have provided a paradoxic debate: "I will lose this debate". There is not really a point in arguing if you are going to lose. You also insist on providing jokes even though that is completely unecessary and slightly idiotic. Trolls usually win arguments because of their humor, intelligence, and information. Some of this site's greatest debators are, in fact, trolls! The urban dictionary's definition of troll is: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument (1). This is true, because instead of choosing a serious debate, you chose a joking debate.

2. You will provide jokes
Everyone likes jokes! Jokes provide humor, which makes people laugh, and when people laugh they are happy. Laughter boosts the immune system, triggers the release of endorphins, protects the heart, and has many other health benefits (2). Being funny automatically makes people like you more and it is good for everyone (3). If you make people happy, then you will win this debate instead of losing it. No matter if your jokes are silly, funny, or even idiotic, everyone appreciates jokes, and you will be widely liked. For example, most comedians are very much appreciated and are hosted on grand shows. As we laugh and enjoy your jokes, you will eventually win the favor of everyone around you and win this debate while everyone unanimously agrees you are a funny and humorous debater.

3. This debate has no particular topic
This debate has absolutely no topic in particular. That makes it very easy to win because there is really no way to lose. If you forfeit, you will probably win. If you be a troll, you will still win. Even if you spam the debate, you will still win. This is because there is no topic except for the topic of having you lose/win the debate. In that way, this debate is somewhat paradoxic and very strange. I have seen many examples of these kinds of debates recently, but this is one of the weirdest ones because it is a "choose your own topic" kind of debate. Very creative, eh?

In conclusion, I argue that you will win this debate. Vote con! Although my paragraphs are short, I have some meaningful points and I hope you will understand them clearly. I can't wait for your arguments!

(1) http://www.urbandictionary.com...
(2) http://www.helpguide.org...
(3) http://www.webmd.com...
Loveshismom

Pro

1. You argued: "You are a troll." The definition you gave of "troll" does not apply to me. I am not attempting to offend anyone. I simply want to give people a good, wholesome laugh because as a Christian, I believe Satan does not want me to do that.

2. You argued: "you will provide jokes." There is no legit guarantee that this will ensure that I win. Some voters may prefer serious debate challenges to humorous ones, and I would probably be too funny to get their vote.

3. You argued: "This debate has no particular topic." That does not prove I will win because your "you will provide jokes" argument is invalid. Here are my joke arguments:

J1: you're Batman. It all makes sense. You went with "choose your topic" for the debate topic. You must therefore be a genius, because that is what Batman is. A genius.

J2: If you are a genius, then Batman or not, you should be able to refute my arguments easily due to my young age. You will, therefore, be able to completely debunk my arguments. Therefore, your arguments will be more convincing than mine and you will win, and that means I will lose.

J3: I'm blind. I have no idea what I'm typing my iPad doesn't have a brins code setting or whatever you call it

J4: You are probably smarter than me cuz I have a lower Elo ranking than you so you will win

J5: wwwwwwwayayayayayayay em eye mizspeleeng evureetheengeengeengeengeengeengeengeeng Nobudee ouill giv mee the poynt for spellieng an gramer
butterflyprincess3

Con

Last round already? Wow!

1. Although you may not be attempting to offend anyone, you are deliberately and cleverly choosing a topic that swept me off my feet in surprise. I was not expecting such a creative and interesting topic when I said "choose your topic". I am glad you are a Christian; this means that more people will support you. Since you are a Christian, other Christians will be happy about your religion and even those who have different religions will see how you are faithful and kind and will further more vote for you.

2. The majority of people, like me, prefer humorous debates to serious ones. Serious debates are horrifically boring sometimes and if they are too serious, most people will die of boredom by reading them. Serious debates include long and tedious arguments which no one enjoys. Humorous debates, on the other hand, are like lifting heavy weights off your shoulder while massaging your back and feeding you vanilla cupcakes. And if you don't like vanilla cupcakes, then humorous debates are like mint-chocolate-chip ice cream, which is also delicious.

3. The fact that this debate has no particular topic makes it plentifully easier for you. In fact, your joke arguments are very creative and funny:

J1 I am most certainly Batman; you are 100% correct! Thank you for complimenting my genius. That was very kind of you (and also quite truthful). I wear a black cape, I can fly, and I hunt down bad guys at night. Thank you for figuring this out! No one else has been able to crack this mystery yet except for you.

J2 Just because I am Batman does not mean I will be able to refute your arguments. Batman is only good at catching villains. To be honest, Batman is terrible at debates! In fact, you are the genius because you have, in such a short amount of time, figured out that I am Batman. You are obviously the genius here, not me. I can already tell that you have a high IQ and is very well-liked and amazingly good at debating.

J3 Since you are blind, this actually makes you even MORE likely to succeed. Only an extremely talented blind person could visit DDO and do so many debates and type up so many sentences. You even know what a brins code setting is, which is something so advanced that even I have no idea what it possibly could be.

J4 Although I do have a high Elo ranking than you, this is because I am a newer user than you. I have only joined for a month or so, while you have joined DDO for nearly a month! If I had participated in a few more debates, then I would have a low elo, just like you.

J5 You are purposely using wrong grammar, which adds to the humor. People enjoy how you are using bad grammar and they will probably like it very much. My grammar, however, is so blandly perfect that I am one of those unfortunate "grammar Nazis", whom everyone dislikes.
Loveshismom

Pro

1. The fact that I am a Christian does not guarantee that I will get voter bias from other Christians on DDO because this debate has not even gotten 800 views, so it is unlikely that another Christian has seen this debate yet. Plus, atheists have probably seen this debate, and atheists these days hate Christianity itself, so they will probably take the vote from me because I am a Christian.

2. This debate has not gotten even ten percent of the number of views one of my most serious debates: "Resolved: God's existence does not entirely violate science." It has gotten over 4,000 views, and this debate has not gotten more than 200. That is not nearly enough to have a good chance of getting at least one vote.

3. All my joke arguments were, as I labeled them, jokes. You have refuted them quite successfully, and your jokes are just about as funny as mine were, if not funnier. I do not actually believe you to be Batman, but you are, indeed, a genius.

Vote Con.
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
I guess it was technically a tie.
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
epic paradox...
Pro wins for losing the debate....
but if Pro won then he would have lost?
but Pro lost yet he wins..???
DAMN IT WHO WON?!
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
True, but from a more in-depth point of view, I won. Since I was arguing that you would win the debate, your victory successfully proved my point.
Posted by butterflyprincess3 2 years ago
butterflyprincess3
Wait... lemme think... oh right! You did lose! However, I still received more elo since you lost. Ha ha.
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
HAHA! I lost the debate, therefore I won!
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
I will actually give joke arguments.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
butterflyprincess3LoveshismomTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro couldn't provide enough information to prove that he will lose this debate. Ironical, eh?