gokuFNAF2
vi_spex

Choose your topic

vi_spex

gokuFNAF2

Con

Choose a topic in Round 1.
vi_spex

Pro

you seam like a troll
gokuFNAF2

Con

In the comments, you admit my arguments are too strong. Yours are just sloppy and are never supported by evidence. You chose the topic "you seam like a troll". But since you basically forfeited, I win.
vi_spex

Pro

i think the voters will vote for me anyway
gokuFNAF2

Con

Anyway=matter

M A T T E R.

2-3=56,700

56,700=win for me.

Get rekt.
vi_spex

Pro

maybe you will win
gokuFNAF2

Con

Maybe=May Be=Can Be=Will Be

I win.
gokuFNAF2

Con

And I am the winner. VOTE CON.
vi_spex

Pro

you win says i
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Sarra// Mod action: NOT Removed<

5 points to Pro (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Background: gokuFNAF2 created his (probably second) profile about one hour before challenging vi_spex to this debate. gokuFNAF2 announced on the forums "I am the new troll. I will claim vi's throne." and ?vi_spex will be overthrown?. (http://www.debate.org.........) Analysis: Both gokuFNAF2 (conjunctions cannot start sentences, (round 2 and 5), everything in round 3 and 4; and vi_spex (seam -> seem, capitalization, punctuation) have bad grammar and/or spelling mistakes. Error Count: gokuFNAF2 = at least 37. vi_spex = 12. 37 > 12, thus vi_spex has less grammar mistakes. Quite frankly, gokuFNAF2's arguments do not make sense. The vote of who gives the better argument is a vote against gokuFNAF2 more than it is a vote for vi_spex. I personally viewed round 3 and 4 by gokuFNAF2 as intentionally trying to be offensive towards vi_spex. This and gokuNFAF2 admitting s/he is a troll causes me to believe that gokuNFAF2 shows worse conduct than vi_spex. Neither side provides sources.

[*Reason for non-removal*] I've already addressed the substance of this report in the comments. This is the third report on this vote. Unless the text of these reports specifically explains a problem with this vote that has not yet been discussed in the comments, further reports of this vote will be ignored.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: TBSmothers// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (Arguments, Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: The pro's round 5 debate states "you win says i". I view this as the pro conceding ,therefore I give conduct and argument points to con.

[*Reason for removal*] While the voter may indeed perceive Pro's R5 as a concession, he must better explain the conduct vote. A concession is not, by itself, reason enough for allocating a conduct point to the other side, as it doesn't represent any clear misconduct.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
gokuFNAF2, "Y don't you agree with lol101?" and "And lol101, why are you taking my side?" contradict each other.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Fair enough, whiteflame.
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
Wut? Y don't you agree with lol101? And lol101, why are you taking my side? I don't need your help!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Heh, good quote.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
@Whiteflame:

"[M]y meaning in saying that he is a good man is that he is sufficient." ~ Shylock, "The Merchant of Venice" by William Shakespeare, Act 1, Scene 3
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
lol101, what's stated in the comments has no bearing on the debate. While the outside source would be a deal-breaker if it was the sole reason for any given point allocation, Sarra explained the conduct issue separate from it. BoP plays an integral role in the debate, but for arguments, not conduct. Failing in BoP is often the basis for an arguments vote, and sometimes, that can happen without the other side making any arguments whatsoever. It's also unclear that Sarra is deciding the debate based solely on whom she agrees with, or that she's participating in the debate. It's not a great RFD, or even a good one from my perspective, but it is sufficient.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
lololol
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Wait. vi_spex admitted in the comments that gokuFNAF2 has better arguments. Sarra using outside sources is not only out of the question since vi_spex had to prove this, not Sarra, but it gets contradicted by the fact that outside sources show vi_spex's implied forfeiture. Debating is not about who's right, it's about who does the better job arguing for their side. Neither proved anything. vi_spex should only gain the conduct point since gokuFNAF2 failed to fulfill his BoP. vi_spex can't win an argument that he never made in the first place. A voter is not part of the debate and cannot just choose whoever he/she agrees with as the winner.
Vote Placed by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
gokuFNAF2vi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: 4 points to Con (Arguments, Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: The pro's round 5 debate states "you win says i". I view this as the pro conceding ,therefore I give argument points to con. Conduct: I view concession as a form of forfeiture, which is never good conduct so the pro loses conduct points.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
gokuFNAF2vi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: So, Pro chose a debate, but Con never argued it. "You seam like a troll" was the topic. Con Never showed why he wasn't a troll, or why he was a troll. So with nothing to work with winner is Vi-Spex, due to poor conduct for Con for not arguing the topic chosen by Pro.
Vote Placed by Sarra 1 year ago
Sarra
gokuFNAF2vi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Background: gokuFNAF2 created his (probably second) profile about one hour before challenging vi_spex to this debate. gokuFNAF2 announced on the forums "I am the new troll. I will claim vi's throne." and ?vi_spex will be overthrown?. (http://www.debate.org...) Analysis: Both gokuFNAF2 (conjunctions cannot start sentences, (round 2 and 5), everything in round 3 and 4; and vi_spex (seam -> seem, capitalization, punctuation) have bad grammar and/or spelling mistakes. Error Count: gokuFNAF2 = at least 37. vi_spex = 12. 37 > 12, thus vi_spex has less grammar mistakes. Quite frankly, gokuFNAF2's arguments do not make sense. The vote of who gives the better argument is a vote against gokuFNAF2 more than it is a vote for vi_spex. I personally viewed round 3 and 4 by gokuFNAF2 as intentionally trying to be offensive towards vi_spex. This and gokuNFAF2 admitting s/he is a troll causes me to believe that gokuNFAF2 shows worse conduct than vi_spex. Neither side provides sources.