phantom
imabench

Choose

phantom

Pro

Whoever my opponent ends up being may choose the topic for this debate and which side he/she will take.

Just don't make it boring please.
imabench

Con

BARACK OBAMA SHOULD BLEACH HIS

SKIN WHITE LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON DID

TO GET MORE VOTES IN THE UPCOMING

PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

(Made it interesting)

I am PRO this idea.

Since I am technically the Con though for the sake of clarity the resolution should be that Obama should NOT bleach his skin white. Pro will be Pro, Con will be Con.

Its on

phantom

Pro

Ok...then....

Reasons why Obama should not bleach his skin white, in order to get votes in the election:

1. Suggests that he is shameful of his race, therefore will lose a large majority of black supporters, as well as white

Presidents and anyone for that matter, should be proud of their skin color. The president separating himself from his fellow African Americans would estrange them from him. Democrats get a vast majority of the black vote. Obama received an astounding 95% of the African American vote last election. [1] Estranging himself from the black community would be one of the stupidest and ilogical decisions he could make. African Americans are very proud that their president is black, and they should be. How would they react if Obama acted in a way that suggested he was not proud of being black? Politicians have to be very careful in the way they act and this would be a contender for the most reckless and loose thing an American president has done.

2. Puts a negative light on the way foreign countries look at America

America, the nation who finally elected a black president, unfortunately he couldn't stay white. Yes the whole world would be squenching their eyebrows and scratching their head at the thought of the most powerful man in the world attempting to garner more election points by actually changing his skin color in the same fashion of a late pop idol. Getting the amount of states wrong in your own country is bad enough...but this?

3. Craziness of the idea would initiate a negative light on the way people think of him

What are all the crazy things Obama has done? All of them set a negative light on him, and none of them would have as much of an impact as this would on the way people think of him. The president of the United States, often considered the most powerful position in the world, walking in the foot-steps of Michael Jackson and bleaching his skin white is indeed a crazy proposition and would only cause citizens, as well as government officials, and the rest of the world for that matter, to look on in disapproval. He'd probably use the tax-payers money too.

4. Being black is an advantage. Why take it away?

President Obama will stand out for the rest of history as the first black president of the United States. It is a landmark, and a positive landmark. Whether you're liberal or conservative you'll agree. Many people are proud that we have a black president. Thus Obama is unique, and in a very good way. Taking away this advantage is nothing short of sillyness.

______________________

Thus, as the purposed tactic in gaining more election votes is an unsound one, the resolution has been afirmed. (That Obama should not bleach his skin.)

I eagerly await cons response.

[1] http://www.askkids.com...

imabench

Con

Bleaching your skin white doesnt necessarily make it look like you are shameful of your race, but it definitely will not lose the support of black people in the next election. Obama can simply claim that he has a slowly progressing form of Vitiligo, a disease where black people literally turn white over time, and the bleaching of his skin would be to make it more uniform rather than a mash of white band black skin everywhere.

"Democrats get a vast majority of the black vote. Obama received an astounding 95% of the African American vote last election."
Exactly! Obama already has massive support from the blacks but blacks have always supported the Democrats since the days of FDR, and a skin color change may alienate a few voters, but hes going against Mitt Romney. Who do you think black people will vote for? A guy who used to be black and is changing or a rich white dude who has always been rich and always be white? The move to whiteness though would help Obama because since he is making it look like a natural disease, people could accept it and not hold it against him. What does Obama have to gain from doing such a thing? To get the conservative vote

Most conservatives claim to not like Obama because of his policies or his ideas, but in reality they only dislike him because hes black.... Its true if you could get inside a conservatives head to find out why they hate Obama, its because hes black, any other reason they give is just bullsh*t. Now that Obama is white people are less speculative about him, they dont fear him as much, they dont ask for his birth certificate, they actually consider giving him credit for killing bin Laden, all of these doors start to open up. Americans naturally are a little more cautious over letting a black person run their country, but if its a white dude then people dont care as much, So Obama does have the potential to gain support with this move.

"2. Puts a negative light on the way foreign countries look at America"

Foreign countries already look at America like its full of crazy people, have you seen the sh*t weve caused in the past 20 years alone? Let me recap we have two wars that cost billions of dollars, there was the Bosnian war which could have went much better, Somalia is really f*cked up because of us now, We are a really heavy polluter, and thats just off of the top of my head. My point is compared to the other crap the US has done, A black president suddenly becoming white would barely even arouse interest compared to what weve done in the past.

"the whole world would be squenching their eyebrows and scratching their head at the thought of the most powerful man in the world attempting to garner more election points by actually changing his skin color in the same fashion of a late pop idol."

He doesnt have to announce the reason hes doing it though, he doesnt even have to say that he wants to all he has to do is say that he has the disease and then act the way he normally does and no one could blame him for it. It may raise eyebrows but as long as Obama makes it look like a progressive disease against his will rather then a strategic election move nobody will give him flak over it.

"3. Craziness of the idea would initiate a negative light on the way people think of him"

"What are all the crazy things Obama has done?"

Name a few

"The president of the United States, often considered the most powerful position in the world, walking in the foot-steps of Michael Jackson and bleaching his skin white is indeed a crazy proposition and would only cause citizens... to look on in disapproval"

Unless he doesnt make it look intentional

"He'd probably use the tax-payers money too"

Government already uses our taxes to fight wars, arrest us, detain us, and even kill us, I think a one time investment using tax payers money wouldnt be a big deal considering some of the other things the government has blown our money on (like abortions, how the f*ck did that happen?)

"4. Being black is an advantage. Why take it away?"

"Many people are proud that we have a black president. Thus Obama is unique, and in a very good way. Taking away this advantage is nothing short of sillyness."

He already served four years as being black, the next four years he would be white, so history will still see him as the first black president. That landmark of him though isnt much of a tool to use in the election anymore though, it is now just an interesting gambling piece at his exposal and he if he were to use it to his gain then why shouldnt he?

========================================================================================================================================================

Here are my main points
1) Blacks always vote Democrat anyway, and black people would still support a White Obama over Mitt Romney
2) If Obama made it look like a disease that was progressing against his will, then people would accept that he cant fight it and wouldnt haze him over it
3) If Obama was white people would be a little more open-minded about his ideas since people are a lot more hesitant to trust a black person then a white person.
4) Being black isnt a good tactic to get votes anymore, at least not as well as it was back in 2008. Obama though can still use his skin color to his advantage to gain more votes by changing it
5) Obama will and always will be the first black president, and he was black for a full 3 and a half years, turning white wont undo what he has already accomplished.

Back to you Pro :D
phantom

Pro

My opponent proposes that he claims he has Vitiligo as an excuse for changing skin color.

I. Even worse. Going white, is not the only option of skin-color change. Obama could change his skin back to black such as by tanning methods or drugs. Therefore people are going to question this action even more and ask the obvious, why would he chose to switch to white instead of staying black? The problem still remains.

II. Way too risky. If anyone finds out, and I don't think the chances are very low of that happening, Obama would face a wall of questioning. Just think about it, in order for this skin change to occur people are naturally going to know about it. Those who perform it, his family, his doctors. The evidence would exist to suggest that he had a disease. It would only be a question of time before the public found out about it.

III. Why care so much about appearance? Wouldn't if be better for a president to just acknowledge the fact that his skin will be partly white, and let his nation know that he does not care how he looks. Instead he'd look as if he sets a high value on his outward appearance, and would rather change completely to white rather than retain his natural appearance and be partially black partially white.

Alienating voters

Note, my opponent does not deny that some black voters will be lost. Even this outweighs the minuscule amount of voters that would be gained with my opponents proposed method.

My opponent claims most conservatives don't like Obama for the fact that he's black and any other reasons they give are BS. Now even if we do accept this absurd notion that most conservatives are racist, would it really even work? Racists would not change their view of him simply because of his outward appearance changing. Why would it cause them to suddenly favor him? They would still look on him as a black person. None of the racist hate would be alleviated. I do not see why it would.

Also really? Changing your skin color to get racists to vote for you? That's just low....

My opponent contends that we have already done plenty of crazy stuff over the past two decades and this would cause little to attract foreigners interest. However none of the things he mentioned were really crazy things, only bad things. This would have a much different kind of effect. As for my opponents assertions that he could just state it was because of a disease and therefore no one would pay much attention, this has already been addressed. If someone found out that he was lying about the disease in order to excuse him from changing his skin color, the flak would rain heavy, very heavy. And most importantly he would have no excuse at all for changing to white rather than black.

Con requests for me to name a few of the crazy things Obama has done. I don't see it entirely important, but I'll mention using the tax payers money to pay for his and his families vacations, returning a gift given to us by Great Britain, and sending a letter to the wrong president of France. [1][2]

~tax payers money~

One more pile of poop piled on to an even larger pile of bull crap the government uses our money for doesn't make it any less poopish.

4. Being black is an advantage. Why take it away?"

The first problem I have with my opponents response is that he asserts Obamas first four years would be as a black president and last four years as a white. This does not correlate with the time line however. In order for Obama to Garner more votes by going white he would have to turn white before his first term ended, therefore he would spend only the first 3 and a fraction years as president not four.

The second problem is my opponent doesn't really give much of a response to this. He simply says it's not so much of an advantage just a gambling piece. I'm puzzled at what my opponent means by gambling piece but let me further demonstrate how being black is an advantage. The fact that Obama is black gives reason for everyone to be proud. Everyone as in both conservatives and liberals. One of my opponents main contentions is that conservatives would be less speculative about him as a white president, but on the contrary if skin color is going to have any effect on someones mind, being black would be the overall more positive. Thus conservatives, moderates and anyone else besides the white supremacists would be more inclined to objectively scrutinising Obama than if he was white.

My opponents case

Actually I'm not sure if this is his case or just a re-cap as allot of them are just refutations.

This is a rebuttal and not an argument. But this does not address those who would be motivated into not voting at all, or for Micky mouse...And do I need to repeat myself? I've already mentioned other points.

2) If Obama made it look like a disease that was progressing against his will, then people would accept that he cant fight it and wouldn't haze him over it

Already addressed. Bad idea.

I could just as easily say people would be more open minded about the ideas of someone who stands out as being the only black president in the history of the United States. And also, as already stated, racists would have little reason to change simply for the fact that he was now white.

4) Being black isn't a good tactic to get votes anymore, at least not as well as it was back in 2008. Obama though can still use his skin color to his advantage to gain more votes by changing it

Well I wouldn't label the act of being black as a tactic, but no evidence.

5) Obama will and always will be the first black president, and he was black for a full 3 and a half years, turning white
wont undo what he has already accomplished.

I don't see cons point.

Re-cap

The only real contention my opponent uses to affirm the resolution is that Obama would gain the racist vote. Even if he did gain a few racist votes surely this would be outweighed by the votes that he lost because of his skin change. I also don't see how this would have a notable impact.
imabench

Con

1) His race

"Even worse. Going white, is not the only option of skin-color change. Obama could change his skin back to black such as by tanning methods or drugs. Therefore people are going to question this action even more and ask the obvious,"

Who said he was going to go back to black? You know the saying, "Once you go white, you just won the fight", Once Obama goes white he'll stay white.

" in order for this skin change to occur people are naturally going to know about it. Those who perform it, his family, his doctors."

You act like the government hasnt tried to pull a conspiracy before.... It could be seen as necessary due to the effects of vitiligo since vitiligo can be both gradual and rapid at the same time (see picture below). This means that Obama can cover it up and stay black (which would chew up a lot of time) or he could just jump to white. So some people would know, but they would know for the wrong reasons.

"Why care so much about appearance? Wouldn't if be better for a president to just acknowledge the fact that his skin will be partly white, and let his nation know that he does not care how he looks."

Because its not a gradual change, often it looks like this,

We dont want the president to look like an unfinished coloring book, so he'll have to make the jump from black to white rather quickly.

2) Alienating Voters

"Note, my opponent does not deny that some black voters will be lost."

Yea but I gave a reason for why he wouldnt lose many, John Kerry was white but he still had 67% of the black vote in 2004. Blacks always vote Democrat, and with Obama that number would still be much higher.
http://www.cnn.com...

Obama wont lose many black voters because hes going against Mitt Romney, and the number of black people who would ever support him against anybody is 0%

"Racists would not change their view of him simply because of his outward appearance changing. Why would it cause them to suddenly favor him?"

1) Racists are dipsh*ts and can be easily tricked
2) If Obama turned white then racists would lose their biggest reason for hating on Obama!

" They would still look on him as a black person. None of the racist hate would be alleviated. I do not see why it would."

Have you seen what a white Obama would look like?

He would sway people's opinions because he can be a legit white dude and he looks more trustworthy.

"Also really? Changing your skin color to get racists to vote for you? That's just low...."

Its not as low as the people who vote against him because hes black....

3) Puts a negative light on how people see America

"However none of the things he mentioned were really crazy things, only bad things"

Bad things ARE crazy things! Many people see the death penalty as crazy, many people see the war in Iraq as crazy, many people see our defense budget as crazy, many people see US as crazy! Bad things are crazy, and one that is harmless like going white wont arouse as much interest as the other crazy sh*t this nation has pulled.

"If someone found out that he was lying about the disease in order to excuse him from changing his skin color, the flak would rain heavy, very heavy"

But he would be in his second term so it wouldnt matter.

Plus come on, he looks like a trust-able guy,

4) Using tax dollars

List of ideas the Con provides saying how Obama has misused tax dollars,
"sing the tax payers money to pay for his and his families vacations" - Which EVERY president does
"returning a gift given to us by Great Britain" - Accepting gifts is unconstitutional so he was forced to give it back.
http://www.examiner.com...
"and sending a letter to the wrong president of France" - Honest mistake and come on that couldnt have cost more than $50....

"One more pile of poop piled on to an even larger pile of bull crap the government uses our money for doesn't make it any less poopish."

1) Greatest - sentence - ever
2) The point is you were concerned he would use taxpayers money on this while the government blows billions and billions of our other tax dollars on other things. Why make a big stink out of this one thing while so much other stuff is going on??

5) Blackness is his advantage

"The first problem I have with my opponents response is that he asserts Obamas first four years would be as a black president and last four years as a white..... In order for Obama to garner more votes by going white he would have to turn white before his first term ended, therefore he would spend only the first 3 and a fraction years as president not four."

So whats the issue? If you round it to a whole number you still get 4 years of Black Obama and 4 years of White Obama

"conservatives, moderates and anyone else.... would be more inclined to objectively scrutinising Obama than if he was white."

Exactly, they would be MORE inclined to scrutinize Obama since he is black and not white, but if he was NOT white then they would back off, because come on, he looks like a good old fashioned white guy.

"Blacks always vote Democrat anyway, and black people would still support a White Obama over Mitt Romney"

The point of this argument is that Obama changing his skin color would not alienate a lot of black supporters since blacks always vote Democrat, and since barely any blacks would ever vote for Mitt Romney. Therefore the negative effects of him turning white on black votes for his support would be negligible.

" If Obama made it look like a disease that was progressing against his will, then people would accept that he cant fight it and wouldn't haze him over it"

You said it was a bad idea because people could find out, but it could easily be made to show that he had to do it and had no choice because of what would happen to his skin if he didnt do something about it.

"I could just as easily say people would be more open minded about the ideas of someone who stands out as being the only black president in the history of the United States."

Have you seen how conservatives treat him? People are most certainly NOT more open minded because he is black, in fact they are more critical of him then ever!

"Well I wouldn't label the act of being black as a tactic, but no evidence."

Of course theres no evidence you cant get evidence about something like this, but would you vote for this guy, come on he looks so political!

"The only real contention my opponent uses to affirm the resolution is that Obama would gain the racist vote. "

He would not alienate the black vote, people would be more open minded towards his ideas and could support him, people would be less critical because hes white, and on top of that he could make it all look like he had to do it against his will and get a sympathy vote. That gives Obama a good advantage heading into what is going to be a close election.

Obama should bleach his skin white to get more votes.
phantom

Pro

phantom forfeited this round.
imabench

Con

VOTE CON IF YOU WANT TO SEE A WHITE OBAMA IN OFFICE (if he happens to be re-elected) :D

(Come on, you know you want to)
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
awwww
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
lol... Being black got him votes, being white would just loose him votes, because there would be no more of that "If you don't vote Obama your racist" crap
Posted by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
Ug, didn't realize how long I had.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
He really went there....

Dang.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
oh god
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
look it's imabench :P
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
SO am I
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
I'm so tempted....
Vote Placed by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
phantomimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: The will of the debater.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
phantomimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: tying this. forfeit and imabench trolled